When's the last time you felt genuine happiness as a person?

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Honestly, the last time I felt genuine happiness as a person was my childhood. The innocence of being a child, the ignorance of not knowing how ruthless and fukked up the true reality of the real world is, the golden age of hip-hop & r&b/neo soul -- I'm talking about the 90's in case nikkas think I'm:flabbynsick: flabby gang lmao. It's just something about growing up in the 90's/early 2000's that hits different. Before social media. The world was far more care-free, people could take a joke, society was still optimistic and there was a sense of community. Plus my childhood homies was still alive and well. Once my pops died, it was never the same. I used to smile a lot and look forward to things. After that, the happiness fleeted. I just stopped giving a fukk in general. Went in a state of depression. I still like people in general, but not as much when I was a kid. Disappointment after disappointment.

I feel like once you get older as an adult, reality sets in, we realize that things aren't what they seem. We become less tolerant due to dealing with other people's drama and BS, we become more resilient due to facing life's ills. We become more cognizant of spending our time wisely, time is our biggest commodity. We gravitate those who share the utmost love and respect and cut those who were fakes, liars and scammers. Like a coming of age moment.

When's the last time you felt genuine happiness a person? What stage at your life was you at? Do you feel you ever ever replicate that point of your time back?

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I went to the field the other day for the first time in a couple months

Slightly been giving up on football

We were running 7s and 1s and I was goin crazy, baggin folks, strapping folks, ballin pretty hard

Dudes was asking me what college team I play for and shyt, was pretty fulfilling to hear

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Man... Them two trips this year :wow: no need to go into detail but as a grown man there are some things you need to feed your energy and replenish you. These trips had that, I actually recorded a moment and had that Will Smith moment to look back on in the middle of freezing winter "this part of my life...this little part is called happiness.." :blessed::mjcry:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
work on gratitude so you can have this every day, even for just a few minutes

Think that's a major issue today for everyone, they never feel any sense of happiness or joy in their lives. Someone told me they only feel that when they take a trip, and I'm like so what once or twice a year?

I travel, luxury dinners, indulgent trips, but that's like turning up the volume on happiness, not the only time I feel any.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
The last time I got some

2c8c2fc33a1fc2a3dd8807785c6459089c4196cb.gif