When's the last time you felt genuine happiness as a person?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
It's hard for me to experience happiness and just live in it.

Growing up my pops told me "When you think things are going good, that's when you need to worry the most"

I feel like that's given me anxiety as an adult. Anytime something positive happens I'm just waiting for this moment of happiness to be taken away from me.

I damn near don't even know what to do when I feel happy.

I've fukked up friendships, opportunities with women, and jobs because of this.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Good post op!
I enjoy some form of happiness every single day. From keeping my fitness level up to cooking and eating clean, to constantly decluttering my living space. I cut down my interactions with a lot of ppl to try to concentrate on my mental and spiritual wellbeing. My kids and grands are healthy and productive. I thank the most high everyday for that and for blessing me with their mother. We were separated for a lot of years but still friends before she transitioned from cancer. I went up north and stayed with her at the end and we talked like we were newlyweds. I look at her picture/s everyday. Told her at least four women had asked me to marry them and I said nunca, I'm already married. I told her I'd see her on the other side and kissed my baby goodbye.
I was also blessed to meet and hold our great-grandson in my arms this year. A year's worth of happiness!

Last edited:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
A couple weeks ago..I was sitting in my parents backyard for my grandmas 80th. Sheit I wake up everyday pretty happy. I get to watch the sunrise damn near every morning. Stare out into the Great Spirit and watch the birds flock and clouds roll....while I exhale tasty terpenes in my living room or from my bed.
God forbid I had hoez...I'd be fuxn annoyingly ecstatic

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Playing through bomb rush cyberfunk the past weekend

Brought back a lot of old memories and got me musically inspired again

Kinda weird to describe it, but it came at the perfect time

Labor day weekend. Finally get a break away from the office. Away from work and enjoy my favorite things in one package

Music, graffiti, video games, and extreme sports :ahh:

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Honestly, the last time I felt genuine happiness as a person was my childhood. The innocence of being a child, the ignorance of not knowing how ruthless and fukked up the true reality of the real world is, the golden age of hip-hop & r&b/neo soul -- I'm talking about the 90's in case nikkas think I'm:flabbynsick: flabby gang lmao. It's just something about growing up in the 90's/early 2000's that hits different. Before social media. The world was far more care-free, people could take a joke, society was still optimistic and there was a sense of community. Plus my childhood homies was still alive and well. Once my pops died, it was never the same. I used to smile a lot and look forward to things. After that, the happiness fleeted. I just stopped giving a fukk in general. Went in a state of depression. I still like people in general, but not as much when I was a kid. Disappointment after disappointment.

I feel like once you get older as an adult, reality sets in, we realize that things aren't what they seem. We become less tolerant due to dealing with other people's drama and BS, we become more resilient due to facing life's ills. We become more cognizant of spending our time wisely, time is our biggest commodity. We gravitate those who share the utmost love and respect and cut those who were fakes, liars and scammers. Like a coming of age moment.

When's the last time you felt genuine happiness a person? What stage at your life was you at? Do you feel you ever ever replicate that point of your time back?
I feel great and happy about life. I become happier every year. I have goals I set. I remain open minded to ideas and experiences. I don’t dwell on the past. I’m also a lot happier when I’m out the states. It was hard to meet ppl in the states for a lil while cuz everybody is so sensitive just like on the coli. You say one thing they don’t agree with and here comes the insults, c00n accusations, cac accusations, etc

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
OP, what you're speaking on is what I say when I mentioned people are Adulterated. The opposite, what we used to be and can be once again, is Inner Sense but it means having to deal with your ish and unlearn a whole load of crap you inherited without checking. Most people don't want to do this. It makes them downright uncomfortable and they prefer to be miserable as they amuse themselves to death and deny this.

Congratulate yourself as most people refuse to admit this truth, even to themselves. One of the simplest ways to get that groove back is to be creative, second is realize how lucky you truly are and third is cut off all energy vampires and emotional drains without explanation. Think of this:

We live in a time where the wealth of the worlds knowledge is at your fingertips. Your fridge has more exotic, out of season delicacies inside it than the most excessive emperor in history could ever imagine. To be posting on the Coli infers a level of intrinsic wealth in the first place because we're all 8 foot, 8 certs, 8 figures, 8 dime pieces in constant rotation as we hop out of the 8 Series brehs anyway so just chill, to the next episode.

I was deliriously happy a few days ago. Can't remember why or for what reason at the moment as its no major event, just how it is. Embrace Inner Sense. Its the gift you can only unwrap in the present so get out of your head and start feeling again. Thats the key difference. Log off the internet for a while, I do that every now and then and its a huge help. Also be more discerning about what you browse and where you allow your mind to rest. Become proactive.

Above all else, to thine own Self be true and do the Knowledge.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Being thankful for the blessings in your life everyday will let you feel happiness.
We're all stuck in this rat race of capitalism that tries to make us all feel like we need more. When in reality each one of us has something somebody else doesn't and wish that they did. Whether that be a good father, a loving mother, a big bank account, a caring significant other, being 6 foot+, being handsome, musically gifted, funny, lots of friends, good food, lots of fulfilling hobbies, etc.
Thread is reminding me to be thankful today and find some happiness today in this short life we lead. We only get one why be miserable? We have more control over our mood than we believe