When's the last time you felt genuine happiness as a person?

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
work on gratitude so you can have this every day, even for just a few minutes

Think that's a major issue today for everyone, they never feel any sense of happiness or joy in their lives. Someone told me they only feel that when they take a trip, and I'm like so what once or twice a year?

I travel, luxury dinners, indulgent trips, but that's like turning up the volume on happiness, not the only time I feel any.
I practice gratitude and meditate fam, but don't fault the ones who can't find it. Took me a while to know I needed a journey or that I was even unhappy. It's a blessing you know how to elevate in life, I'm legit happy for you because the alternative is nojoke... I'm also happy I found my path before I needed someone to help me find me.

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
It's hard for me to experience happiness and just live in it.

Growing up my pops told me "When you think things are going good, that's when you need to worry the most"

I feel like that's given me anxiety as an adult. Anytime something positive happens I'm just waiting for this moment of happiness to be taken away from me.

I damn near don't even know what to do when I feel happy.

I've fukked up friendships, opportunities with women, and jobs because of this.
:picard: Gotta disagree. Sounds like ya pops had a lot of hard times

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
:picard: Gotta disagree. Sounds like ya pops had a lot of hard times
He did, and I think he prepared us for the world he was used to growing up in.

He's from North Philly. I'm from the suburbs of Cali.

His world was filled with so much negativity he wasn't violent or abusive, but he had a very depressing outlook on life.

"Life is hard and it's always going to be hard"

That was another quote from him.

As an adult I can see how that should just mentally prepare you for the things you are going to have to deal with.

But as a child I digest that as "So what's the purpose of living then?"

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I practice gratitude and meditate fam, but don't fault the ones who can't find it. Took me a while to know I needed a journey or that I was even unhappy. It's a blessing you know how to elevate in life, I'm legit happy for you because the alternative is nojoke... I'm also happy I found my path before I needed someone to help me find me.

Thank you -- don't want to fault anyone, mostly, but like you are saying, how hard that must be, to find almost no joy in anything, unless it's like a trip overseas. That means that the bulk of your day, your week, and in reality, life, is just colorless and flat.

One of the best concepts I learned, was one, keeping a gratitude list, of kinda of like memories, and read and update constantly.

and, the concept of awe. The ability to feel awe, in smaller things, like a sunset, a breeze, a nice moment, a good meal. Not having to dial that WAY up, allows you to appreciate those truly big moments more, like the traveling, or the luxury, or whatever.

and the concept of flow. When you feel unburdened by time, lost in the moment. how often can you reach that? and with how much effort

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Before i left town for good. I left my id on base and my coworker met me at the gate to give it back to me.

Before he left he asked if he could say a prayer to me and during the prayer he called me his friend. This past winter was a rough and i wasnt really talking to anyone but him and this cuban cat . So him saying that , even taking time out of his day to say a prayer for legit made my day . :mjgrin:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:youngsabo: Nobody is happy 100% of the time and it's okay not be. But knowing that, what are you going to do? In OP's case, I'd go see a professional. In some other ppl's case, you might need change environment or activity.

Last edited:

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
Whenever I'm creating. Cooking and creating music are the 2 most accessible ones that I'm not consistent enough with. Cultivating plants another one. Seeing their progress. Playing sports.

I understand exactly how you feel though. But that's why we have to lean into our passions more often. Not let work and the responsibilities of adulthood rob us of those joys.