Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

Which city is the LA of the South: Houston or Atlanta?

• Atlanta

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Houston

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I feel ya on the Cowboy boot part. I think when you start seeing alot of that shyt then you are in the west or south-west. That aint really southern in my eyes.

Basically you have the dirty south which is GA, SC, NC, LA, AB, FL, TN, MS. Maybe Kentucky and Arkansas too. All of those states are similar in culture, land/climate ,way of speaking, food, etc. TX is obviously geographically south but is far different in culture, terrain, etc.

I have heard that Houston is basically Louisiana though.

you can see where TX terrain changes , on a map . Central TX and East TX is definitely similar to the rest of the south

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I am from LA and live In Atlanta. There is no comparison at all. LA has too much fukkery compared to Atlanta.

DollaBill

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chi Town
Neither. Miami us the LA of the south. Miami has Cubans instead of Mexicans. Little to no Asians, and the surface of Miami is flat

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Atlanta is similar to LA as far as being a mecca for transplants and a land of dreams and aspirations
Only similarity I see between LA and houston is that both are sprawling metropolis, for all that you might as well compare jacksonville to LA

This

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Atlanta is the Atlanta of the south. GA is the empire state of the south. We don't need to be the new LA or NYC or whatever. We have a rich civil rights heritage thats unique to the dirty south that no other region can really compare to. GA in general is still pretty against the coastal elite style lifestyle of NY and CA, Atlanta being the obvious exception.

I don't mean to imply that we're perfect or Wakanda or any of that bullshyt but I'm just saying.:hubie:
Facts

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Houston is part of the west. The south only goes as far west as Louisiana.
if you border states like new Mexico and Oklahoma you basically in cowboy boot country. aint no swamps in texas and there aint' no cacti in the south.
What?!?....:russ:....
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the South is composed of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia—and Florida