• Drizzy

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Might as well settle this once and for all...with all the ghostwriting coming to light Drake apologists regularly bring up Kanye's name.

I don't put these two in the same category, but let's discuss this once and for all.

Take your corners.

Kanye West was in the Hip Hop hall of fame well before he dropped an album :ld:

And has been involved and a part of some of the best hip hop releases in history. :ld:

Kanye West and Drake are not doing the same thing. We've known since day one that Kanye has had help writing, and was a producer first. Literally since day one.

Drake has been masquerading as a MC for years; only to get exposed later on and wants to move forward in a Kanye type lane. Only he doesn't produce music :ld:

Also, subject matter, matters. Kanyes music has NEVER been about his place among MCs. He never made it his business to talk about how much better he was than other rappers. He never made it his business to tell people that he was the best MC. It never happened. He's subject matter was/is politics, fashion, family, struggle, acceptance. It's never been "I'm the best, y'all can't fukk with me, y'all need me"

Drake planted himself in that part of the culture since day one. And I know this as a former Drake Stan. Since day 1, he's been seen as and has planted himself as a great writer. I know you probably haven't been listening to him long, and you aren't familar with HIS OG Music. But he wasn't always garbage party rap, he had bars at one point. And being a great writer was the first thing that got him in. It was his OG appeal. He had the mystique of being a writer and it was his greatest attribute and skill. You take that away, and what's left? The image. Which is what he's surviving off now.

Don't ever compare this nikka to Kanye. Ever in your life.!

Vs.

Wdh kanye was never in the hip hop hall of fame b4 CD da fck?
How old are u nikka :what:

Most of the recognition kanye gets is from his rap career and the songs he creates as a rapper

Kanye was always vouching for his spot as a spitter
From claiming to forget better lines than most mc's ever think of to throwing tantrums because ppl ain't believe he was a top 10 mc in a specific year

Yet ur tryna tell me kanye never cared bout his place among mc's :what:

Man u have to be the biggest kanye stan to even try to not act like kanye is even a bigger culprit of this "fraud" lifestyle than drake and isn't even more arrogant about his catalog and how it warrants him a top spot.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drake.

i know people been saying kanye has had ghost producers for years. idk how true that is or not, but his contributions to music are far greater even before he started having "ghost producers/engineers". hell without kanye opening up a lane then drake would still be trying to make it as a canadian actor.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake doesn't have a classic hip hop album and to my knowledge cant produce any songs.

Kanye takes risks and produced his own music
Kanye is the original stimulus
Kanye has classic albums
Yeezy nike >>>>> all ovo apparel

The guy is Craig David without the vocals mixed with Hovs wave-riding. Funniest part is he would've stunted Weeknds stardom on some Jay shyt....meanwhile Kanye put on John Legend.

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
Drake doesn't have a classic hip hop album and to my knowledge cant produce any songs.

Kanye takes risks and produced his own music
Kanye is the original stimulus
Kanye has classic albums
Yeezy nike >>>>> all ovo apparel

The guy is Craig David without the vocals mixed with Hovs wave-riding. Funniest part is he would've stunted Weeknds stardom on some Jay shyt....meanwhile Kanye put on John Legend.
Drake put on Rocky tho :leon:

What you're forgetting is Kanye also uses a gang of ghostwriters even moreso than Drake
What ur forgetting is this is a discussion on being a fraud not who u like more
What you;re forgetting is Kanye takes credit for being an upper echelon MC and is even more arrogant about it than Drake..refer to my sway example

So looking down this list..its a toss up in this "fraud game" at the very least they are neck and neck