Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Drizzy

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
drake.

i know people been saying kanye has had ghost producers for years. idk how true that is or not, but his contributions to music are far greater even before he started having "ghost producers/engineers". hell without kanye opening up a lane then drake would still be trying to make it as a canadian actor.

Kanye has used ghostwriters since the beginning (rhymefest was the first I knew of that he used) but I give producers a pass with that especially if they're as skilled as kanye.

But yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
Drake does legendary production for over 15 years?
Drake battled Common in the 90s?
Drake battled Mos Def in the early 00s?
Drake rapped in front of other rappers for years, only to not be taken seriously?
Drake put his career on the line several times making public controversial statements?
Drake resurrected Commons career, and introduced us to John Legend?
Drake produced Takeover?
Drake ghost-produced for D-Dot?

Last time I checked Kanye never hopped entirely on another rappers dikk to make an album in another artists sound neither.

FOH y'all Drake apolgist fakkits. Kanye IS hip hop and came up in this game fighting for his role and spot. Only you faq nikkas would compare to Drake who's a fully manufactured fukk boi.

Kanye and Drake do the same things? LOL, y'all nikkas literally FORCE yourselves to accept this nikka Drake. Y'all really must be attracted to him on some fakkit shyt

I'm not even a big kanye fan but I definitely do respect how he came up the traditional way.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's where you're mistaken.

It's not mistaken. It's still a secret and considered ghosting because Quentin at the time wasn't a known entity. Nobody knew what he contributed. The same way nobody knew C. Smith was Rhymefest.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
Read that again. I said this era of being yourself is all Kanye. He made it OK to dress in whatever you want, rap about whatever you want again....

I'm sorry but you're giving ye waaaay too much credit for that. Kweli, common, mos def, and every other neo soul artist was on that tip before kanye. What's funny is that Kanye aligned himself with those dudes and started dressing like them.

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
In the beginning stages of his career, I believe Kanye maybe wrote about 40-50% of his own shyt. Honestly, I don't believe Drake ever wrote one bar for himself
Nah I dnt believe that cuz ye has ghostwriters in damn near all his music..nikka had like 20 writers for a song like all day..that should tell u something

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
ye has never put out any work contradictory to his real life character or backstory

aubrey on the other hand went from the burbs to sitting at the round table with drug kingpins and goons
all the cozying up to the trapstars and nikkas from blocks worldwide for consigns is corny

at his core he's a r&b artist whose best(most authentic honest work) revolves around women and his perpetual heartbreak/emotional angst

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry but you're giving ye waaaay too much credit for that. Kweli, common, mos def, and every other neo soul artist was on that tip before kanye. What's funny is that Kanye aligned himself with those dudes and started dressing like them.

I'm not... Kanye made it mainstream. They didn't. There's a difference and he was already producing and rolling with these alternative types.

Its not as if he was signed to Rawkus but ill let you tell it. Kids starting rocking tighter clothing because of Mos, Common and Kweli.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Nah I dnt believe that cuz ye has ghostwriters in damn near all his music..nikka had like 20 writers for a song like all day..that should tell u something

Yeah that's current music. I'm talking about like Kanye's first 5 years. His mixtape years and maybe College Dropout, Late Registration era

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kast has solo work as rappers and producers. Andre 3000 as a solo producer produced all of Love Below. Outside of Mobb Deep, Havoc produced Noyd's album as well as songs for other artists and produced one of Jadakiss's biggest hits (if not biggest with "Why"). Q Tip and Lauryn Hill didn't produce albums outside of their own/group projects, but produced hit songs for other artists.

Laziness has nothing to do with this. This about one being given a pass for ghostwriting and another catching flack for it.

You compare like for like.... Its how you set controls. Outkast is 2 people so stop it.

Kanye simply did more production and expanded his energy there. Why bring up Qtip, Lauryn and Havoc when they don't stack up hitwise or volume wise critically acclaimed albums OUTSIDE their own projects.

He's a producer who raps not a rapper who produces like Eminem/JCole.

Drake doesn't produce...so what excuse does he have for lifting whole reference tracks ?

Unless he's penning some pop hits under an alias, we don't know about...

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Didnt Kanye take pics at the grammies with Rhymefest when he won for Jesus Walks? Rhymefest had his own award and was there with Ye takin flicks. kanye wasn't hiding that shyt at all ever. Drake was always on some "All me" shyt.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Ye's a fake revolutionary for profit who makes cac-friendly douche-rap yet postures as though he's real hip hop.

6 Fraud is a pop star who came into the game from Degrassi. He's not pretending to care about social issues or make grand statements. He's just a pop artist who wants the things that come with pop rap.

Ye is an average person with contradictions.

In Breathe In, Breathe Out on his first album he mentioned it

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Ye is an average person with contradictions.

In Breathe In, Breathe Out on his first album he mentioned it

Your average person isn't that hypocritical. and frankly, I don't celebrate hypocrites or roll with them.

So I dunno. I understand that we all have our contradictions, but some cats are just flat out hypocrites and I don't respect that AT ALL. That's douche-bag territory. Ye's selling you that 'average man conflict' crap to deepen his own pockets.