Why a post Infinity Saga MCU has been meh at best

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There's too much stuff, Inhumans and Shang chi should had been tv shows, no one is asking for an antman 3 and they just keep introducing characters in the post credit scenes, kill or send off some of the old ones if you are gonna introduce 15 new characters each year.
Inhumans was a TV show. lol

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That Thor trailer was the straw that broke the camels back. After processing Dr. Strange and how it could've been better, they drop that bullshyt.

If they manage to fukk up Black Panther... :mjpls: they really have no excuse even with Chadwick gone.

It seems like the MCU has been overrun with fanservice. You got cameo's that are put in just for the sake of putting them in the movie. Eternals could've been a lot better and should've been a classic, but that cookie cutter obligatory mcu formula reared it's ugly head once again.

But I supposed it's hard to properly introduce new characters in an already established universe without shyt making a lot of sense. People know Marvel just got certain properties back, late in the game, so what's the point of even questioning shyt at this point.

Marvel fukking up. Feige lost a step and someone needs to call it out.

they really should've recasted Chad. it's not outdoing BP1 off having no replacement alone IMO

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
they really should've recasted Chad. it's not outdoing BP1 off having no replacement alone IMO
Maybe they do have a replacement but it's a different character. If it honors Chad well and delivers a good story with better action/CGI than the first I can see it being better.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Maybe they do have a replacement but it's a different character. If it honors Chad well and delivers a good story with better action/CGI than the first I can see it being better.
I hope so. People don’t go to see an @Ironman movie to see Pepper :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I hope so. People don’t go to see an @Ironman movie to see Pepper :francis:
RDJ didn't die tragically either. It's like the circumstances behind this are given 0 consideration.

"Fukk the cast and crew's feelings about losing a friend and the lead to their franchise, replace that niqqa immediately." :damn:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
RDJ didn't die tragically either. It's like the circumstances behind this are given 0 consideration.

"Fukk the cast and crew's feelings about losing a friend and the lead to their franchise, replace that niqqa immediately." :damn:
Didn’t mean @Ironman literally . Meant not having the main title character in the movie.

We all know the circumstances but even Chad would have wanted them to move on.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Didn’t mean @Ironman literally . Meant not having the main title character in the movie.

We all know the circumstances but even Chad would have wanted them to move on.
Do we really know that? I mean I tell my family all the time I want one thing when in reality I want the complete opposite.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
* There hasn’t been a really clear direction or event they’ve been heading toward since Endgame.

* Black Widow really should have gotten a movie earlier. Now that we know what happens to her in Endgame, who really cares?

* They took too long with a Black Panther sequel (RIP Chadwick Boseman)

* All the OG Avengers except Thor are either dead(:rip: ), nerfed (:why:), or flabby and sick (:flabbynsick: ).

* Thor has some dope runs in the comics (like the Walt Simonson era for example), but it doesn’t feel like the movies really know what to do with him.

* They’re taking way too long with the characters people really want to see.
People want to see some respect on the Fantastic Four’s name for once. People want Doom, Galactus, and the Silver Surfer. People want X-men. People want Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Colossus, Psylocke, and Rogue in their full costumes looking tight.
(And they better not water down Daredevil if/when they bring back his show :martin: )

* Marvel needs some healthy competition to keep them on their toes and consistent.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
When I saw the planet size robot god in the sky in Eternals I realized they might not have a clear path:patrice:
The Eternals have no place in the MCU.
I believe Feige/Marvel have already said there's no Avenger type storyline planned for Phase 4 so I'm not surprised there's no big event revealed yet.
Dr. Strange was good but the movie is a standalone story for the most part and did nothing to move the MCU along. Multiverse was introduced in Loki, What If? and NWH and more "madness" happened in those properties. Strange made its money but Disney dropping in on D+ so soon is peculiar to me because I believe they thought it impact would last longer like NWH did but it didn't. Overall the cameos were cool but IMO I believe folks are lukewarm on how they were handled.
Thor L&T also looks to be a standalone story and looks fun but I believe the lackluster CGI is starting to get to folks especially with Cruise showing everyone how it can be done. differently.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When I saw the planet size robot god in the sky in Eternals I realized they might not have a clear path:patrice:
The Eternals have no place in the MCU.
I believe Feige/Marvel have already said there's no Avenger type storyline planned for Phase 4 so I'm not surprised there's no big event revealed yet.
Dr. Strange was good but the movie is a standalone story for the most part and did nothing to move the MCU along. Multiverse was introduced in Loki, What If? and NWH and more "madness" happened in those properties. Strange made its money but Disney dropping in on D+ so soon is peculiar to me because I believe they thought it impact would last longer like NWH did but it didn't. Overall the cameos were cool but IMO I believe folks are lukewarm on how they were handled.
Thor L&T also looks to be a standalone story and looks fun but I believe the lackluster CGI is starting to get to folks especially with Cruise showing everyone how it can be done. differently.
If you see Gorr the God Butcher is the villain of the Thor movie and what his goals are in the comics hell in the trailer and how and why. The. You would know how Eternals/Celestials play a part in a bigger story.
And while Feige said they aren't doing big arcs anymore I think he is lying.. The big events are the biggest movies in history. They are gonna at least try to duplicate that financial success again.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
The answer is Disney+ and The Netflix effect.

Disney are over stretching Feige because they need content. He now has to work on movies and now tv shows. Disney want Marvel to pump out show after show, they now need more movies for "Disney + premier releases"

Do shows about Echo and Agatha Harkness need to be made? of course not it's Disney pushing that.

It's easier for Feige and Marvel to manage all this by making things going forward standalones and barely connected.

That's why phase 4 has been constructed this way with new characters in isolation and standalones with no build up to a crossover event. But of course that ain’t what made the mcu and got it poppin or why we’re watching it.
I wish they would should expand side universes. Howard the Duck? Deadpool is sort of that already.

They have a lot of weird side show stuff on the shelf. Throg? The Frog Thor. Impossible Man. Weapon X might be a good side thing with eventual X Men tie in.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
If you see Gorr the God Butcher is the villain of the Thor movie and what his goals are in the comics hell in the trailer and how and why. The. You would know how Eternals/Celestials play a part in a bigger story.
And while Feige said they aren't doing big arcs anymore I think he is lying.. The big events are the biggest movies in history. They are gonna at least try to duplicate that financial success again.
so you think Thor L&T is going to be the first phase 4 to actually connect to the others movies in a meaningful way?
I'm not talking about some vague after credits stinger. Is there going to be actual dialogue that references The Eternals?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Do we really know that? I mean I tell my family all the time I want one thing when in reality I want the complete opposite.

You actually think Chad would have wanted them to retire Black Panther/T'Challa, a lead black male action hero, because he died? :mjlol:

Chadwick Boseman who made it a point of his career to play black icons :mjlol:

They would NEVER pull this with a white character/franchise.