Why a post Infinity Saga MCU has been meh at best

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
so you think Thor L&T is going to be the first phase 4 to actually connect to the others movies in a meaningful way?
I'm not talking about some vague after credits stinger. Is there going to be actual dialogue that references The Eternals?
I haven't seen the movie yet. lol
But Dr. Strange did talk about the events of NWH in his latest movie. That doesn’t count?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You actually think Chad would have wanted them to retire Black Panther/T'Challa, a lead black male action hero, because he died? :mjlol:

Chadwick Boseman who made it a point of his career to play black icons :mjlol:

They would NEVER pull this with a white character/franchise.
He never gave them the option. He kept his diagnosis from them so they never got the opportunity to plan accordingly in the first place.

That was the hand they were dealt. And I don’t think Chadwick thought about it that much to begin with as far as the future of the character. There was no story or script when he passed.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I don't think it's been meh. I think some of you had unreasonable expectations.

Seems to me like this phase is meant to lay down the foundations for the next big event, just like it was done for years before we actually got the crazy Infinity Wars. They're setting up the pieces to exploit Kang etc, while at the same time dropping some pretty good movies which have nothing to envy when it comes to older MCU movies. Plus they added pretty good series to the mix.

For all the hype that Infinity Wars generated, people forget had to sit through plenty of very mediocre installments: the Thor movies, 1st Captain America, Age of Ultron, etc...

This phase has been dope to me. I just like to take my time with it. I don't understand how folks can say it's been meh like it's a fact when movies like No Way Home created enjoyment like no others, series like Loki and Wandavision received much acclaim, and other films like the recent Dr Strange or even Shang-Chi are much appreciated too.

Plus I liked the Eternals a lot hehe

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think they needed to have more universe tie-ins. The characters weren’t strong enough. I actually think if they centered the movie around Wen Wu more, the movie would’ve been better. He was a solid character and actor.

At the end, if they pulled in Wong to the battle, it might’ve made the movie feel more in the MCU. Right now Shang Chi first feel consequential to the rest of MCU. Same with Eternals. If they never happened, nothing changes.

Shang Chi was actually pretty cool though.. i can't stand the comedian and they had way too much green screen cgi but it was mostly decent.

Eternals on the other hand was a disaster and i hate to say that because i fucc with the two Game of Thrones actors :beli:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You actually think Chad would have wanted them to retire Black Panther/T'Challa, a lead black male action hero, because he died? :mjlol:

I don't know what he would think, no one does.
Feige left it up to Coogler so there is no phantom "they".

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Ok I have to ask, when some of saying “…there is no clear direction…”

Are y’all seriously implying that they just putting out these movies one by one and not thinking about the next, kinda how CBM was done before the MCU or kinda like how (and I’m not saying this as shade or a shot or a diss or trolling) DC been just dropping movies with no really rhyme, reason, connection, or synchronousity? :dwillhuh:

Its like they literally got 3 pathways they leading to that I’m sure will either intertwine or intercept down the road

Wandavision to Loki to Spiderman to Dr Strange to now Antman literally been leading clearly to the multiverse and it’s soon to be seen repercussions

Shang Chi to the Eternals to Moonknight to Thor and maybe Guardians is leading to the existence of Gods and their roles probably going forward not to mention other cosmic events

Black Widow to Hawkeye leading back towards street level threats that’s trying to rise in the vacuum of all the aftermath of Endgame

This shyt really doesn’t feel as random as some are trying to say :heh:

Like what are we trynna say with that statement? :pachaha:

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I haven't seen the movie yet. lol
But Dr. Strange did talk about the events of NWH in his latest movie. That doesn’t count?
I just remember them making fun of his name. He said he had an incident with Spidey w/o going into details. He didn't mention anything about the spell not working correctly, etc.. Nothing that happened in NWH affected anything in Strange 2.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Ultimately multiple members of Chadwick's family have said they are in favor of a recast, and that they feel he would be in favor of it too.

In truth, it's not about "honoring" Chadwick (so we can stop all this nonsense about how the director, producer, and cast "feel" ...while ignoring the actual family of the guy who died lol). It's about Disney shareholders wanting profit, otherwise instead of "why recast?" it would be "why even have a sequel w/o him?"

"Well that's what Chadwick would've wan-"

Oh I thought we didn't know what Chad would've wanted? lmao

Convenient juelzin.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ultimately multiple members of Chadwick's family have said they are in favor of a recast, and that they feel he would be in favor of it too.

In truth, it's not about "honoring" Chadwick (so we can stop all this nonsense about how the director, producer, and cast "feel" ...while ignoring the actual family of the guy who died lol). It's about Disney shareholders wanting profit, otherwise instead of "why recast?" it would be "why even have a sequel w/o him?"

"Well that's what Chadwick would've wan-"

Oh I thought we didn't know what Chad would've wanted? lmao

Convenient juelzin.
Chad’s family don’t have nothing to do with this. And as far as them trying to guess what he would’ve wanted, unless he directly told them, it’s bullshyt speculation.

If the cast and Coogler really wanted to recast, they would’ve. If the studio wanted to recast, they would’ve gotten their blessing first.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
After secret wars I think feige just gonna head on out. They know they can’t milk this story for too much longer. Nobody wants to wait another decade for secret wars or the xmen to form, we just saw that with fox.

My problem with the mcu going forward is how :mjpls: They been loooking.

They moved heaven and earth to get the cameos in no way home and multivitamin of madness. Signed actors on last minute and changed a lot of the script during shooting, but they they can’t recast t'challa? Pg13 blade? Be on the lookout for the marvels though in February….

:troll:

60145C15-C157-448D-9971-8781CDFB43C1.jpeg

:dead:

That's the type of quote I'd expect from a white producer tryna pull a fast one on black folks

"Yea i know you negroes want a superhero... but :whoa:

wouldn't it be better if yall just got a regular powerless negro who gets his ass kicked, criticized, and undermined for not being as good as his blonde, blue-eyed, super-powered Aryan predecessor? :smugbiden:"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
People are looking for a “heart and soul” but comparing the characters to Cap and Ironman.

But with all due respect and in fairness Cap and Ironman didn’t become the heart and soul off one movie. It took several appearances, hell keeping it buck, some of y’all didn’t even appreciate Cap till his SECOND movie. And even then he still wasn’t the heart and soul yet… it took a couple of Avengers movies for him to secure that.

Everyone (with the exception it Dr. Strange, Antman, and to a degree Wanda) are making their debuts.

So y’all kinda need to give the new characters the same fair chance to grow into that role.

This is true. No one gave a shyt about Captain America up until The Winter Soldier.

Honestly ppl feel a sort of way about comedic Thor, and i get it, but no one gave a rat's ass about Thor either after the first 2 movies, up until the comedic switch/emphasis.

Hell, altho i loved Chad's performance in BP1 and defended it, it wasn't until after he died that ppl started acting like they weren't calling him the most boring part of his own movie.

So yea, sometimes (often times?) an adjustment period is needed to iron out the best depiction of a character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just remember them making fun of his name. He said he had an incident with Spidey w/o going into details. He didn't mention anything about the spell not working correctly, etc.. Nothing that happened in NWH affected anything in Strange 2.
You just said the bar for connection was dialogue. Now you are saying one movie has to effect the other in order to count as connection? :gucci:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Let's be reality. Would it really make sense to make a phase 5 X-Men or F4 movie in the middle of a pandemic?

I think this is a slow building phase expanding the universe and by 2023, 2024, will be the big budget projects.

Being introduced to the multiverse is already eye opening.