Why a post Infinity Saga MCU has been meh at best

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
You actually think Chad would have wanted them to retire Black Panther/T'Challa, a lead black male action hero, because he died? :mjlol:

Chadwick Boseman who made it a point of his career to play black icons :mjlol:

They would NEVER pull this with a white character/franchise.
I don't think he's retired, just temporarily decommissioned. He'll be reintroduced by 2024 in some of the future projects. This movie will probably just focus on Wakanda as a whole in the middle of a crisis.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Yes, but what's that got to do with you moving the goal posts on what you deem a 'connection'?
Strange and Peter have been in 3 movies already and again NWH doesn't affect Strange 2 in anyway. Strange mentioning he had some fun with Peter is not what we are talking about and you know it. You responded to me when I said there is no big event in this phase with saying well if you know about Gorr then you will see why the Eternals exist. Strange talking about Peter over coffee is not the same.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Strange and Peter have been in 3 movies already and again NWH doesn't affect Strange 2 in anyway. Strange mentioning he had some fun with Peter is not what we are talking about and you know it. You responded to me when I said there is no big event in this phase with saying well if you know about Gorr then you will see why the Eternals exist. Strange talking about Peter over coffee is not the same.
I was actually responding to you saying Celestials don't really serve a larger story when I mentioned Gorr. And no, I took what you said at face value. I didn't interpret it to mean anything other than what you literally typed. I think maybe you just didn't articulate as effectively as you wanted when you explained what you mean by a 'connection'. :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Let's be reality. Would it really make sense to make a phase 5 X-Men or F4 movie in the middle of a pandemic?

I think this is a slow building phase expanding the universe and by 2023, 2024, will be the big budget projects.

Being introduced to the multiverse is already eye opening.

I think they had a plan prior to the Fox deal, and now they’re just winging it.

The end credit Easter eggs basically prove it. They don’t know what they want to do and haven’t really figured out how to incorporate the X-men without degrading everything the MCU built up to this point.

That deal was a gift and a curse. A gift because those properties are back in the MCU, but a curse due to the timing of it all.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I won’t really count BW since it’s basically within the IW saga, but I thought it was all right.

NWH was overrated. :russell:

Strange 2 was cool. Aside from the cameos, there’s nothing there to brag about imo. :ld:

I have Shang Chi and Eternals on deck. I’ll likely watch Shang this week.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
End Game served it's purpose. It was supposed to be a recap of the journey, and end storylines.

But Thor being the only OG character to come out unscathed is disheartening. He can't carry the franchise. Ragonok on face value, was only praised because of the departure from the themes that made the sequel weak as fukk.

The Dr. Strange director should've been able to have his vision realized in the sequel, with Nightmare as the villain, but they wanted the multiverse and the movie to tie into Loki, which made no sense. Then you have the multiverse in Spiderman, which created more questions than answers and a bunch of plotholes.
Lost an eyeball, lost his brother, lost his mother, lost his bytch lost his father lost his homeland and got fat.

I would hate to see what scathed looks like.

He didn't get his aunt murdered like that dumbass Spider-Man.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I think they had a plan prior to the Fox deal, and now they’re just winging it.

The end credit Easter eggs basically prove it. They don’t know what they want to do and haven’t really figured out how to incorporate the X-men without degrading everything the MCU built up to this point.

That deal was a gift and a curse. A gift because those properties are back in the MCU, but a curse due to the timing of it all.
That's true but they also don't want to create a clusterfukk so right now they're going back to the drawing board on how to include these characters without creating plot holes. I think secret wars will be the formal introduction imo.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
He never gave them the option. He kept his diagnosis from them so they never got the opportunity to plan accordingly in the first place.

That was the hand they were dealt. And I don’t think Chadwick thought about it that much to begin with as far as the future of the character. There was no story or script when he passed.

Are you now trying to tell me that Chad didn’t know the impact his character had? :mjlol:

The same Chadwick Boseman who did this interview and this speech

Does this sound like a person who would want a character who in his own words said can “expand our consciousness as to what a hero looks like” retired?:mjlol:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I don't know what he would think, no one does.
Feige left it up to Coogler so there is no phantom "they".

But we do know :mjlol:

“I think it’s important for kids, not just who are black but of all races to see this character. Because it expands our consciousness as to what a hero can look like” - Chadwick Boseman.

Coogler answers to Feige and Disney he has zero power to decide a major decision like that :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But we do know :mjlol:

“I think it’s important for kids, not just who are black but of all races to see this character. Because it expands our consciousness as to what a hero can look like” - Chadwick Boseman.

Coogler answers to Feige and Disney he has zero power to decide a major decision like that :mjlol:

Sorry, no matter how many times you say it doesn't change my opinion. We don't know because he never told us.
He also said in the video they had to pick the right director and the right producer and it turns out they are the ones who decided not to recast. lol
If recasting was soo important to Chadwick Boseman you would think he would tell someone involved he was sick. But he didn't because he thought HE would get better in order to continue. He had an opportunity to let whoever know he might not be around for a sequel and didn’t. :francis:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Ultimately multiple members of Chadwick's family have said they are in favor of a recast, and that they feel he would be in favor of it too.

In truth, it's not about "honoring" Chadwick (so we can stop all this nonsense about how the director, producer, and cast "feel" ...while ignoring the actual family of the guy who died lol). It's about Disney shareholders wanting profit, otherwise instead of "why recast?" it would be "why even have a sequel w/o him?"

"Well that's what Chadwick would've wan-"

Oh I thought we didn't know what Chad would've wanted? lmao

Convenient juelzin.

Exactly Disney cared so much about Chad they didn’t even bother to delay the movie but instead rushed out a sequel

But I’m meant to believe they cared about the “feelings of the cast” in why they didn’t recast :comeon:

Like you said they say they’re “honoring” Chad’s legacy, but his family you know his ACTUAL legacy and the legacy he comes from said they believe he would have wanted the character recast and what did Disney do they ignored them. But Disney “care” :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Exactly Disney cared so much about Chad they didn’t even bother to delay the movie but instead rushed out a sequel

But I’m meant to believe they cared about the “feelings of the cast” in why they didn’t recast :comeon:

Like you said they say they’re “honoring” Chad’s legacy, but his family you know his ACTUAL legacy and the legacy he comes from said they believe he would have wanted the character recast and what did Disney do they ignored them. But Disney “care” :mjlol:
Another lie, the family stated that while the movie was in production and the decision not to recast was already made. And the movie was originally supposed to come out this summer but got pushed back to November. So they didn't rush it.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Sorry, no matter how many times you say it doesn't change my opinion. We don't know because he never told us.
He also said in the video they had to pick the right director and the right producer and it turns out they are the ones who decided not to recast. lol
If recasting was soo important to Chadwick Boseman you would think he would tell someone involved he was sick. But he didn't because he thought HE would get better in order to continue. He had an opportunity to let whoever know he might not be around for a sequel and didn’t. :francis:

Chad thinking he would recover to be able play the character doesn’t invalidate that he would want the character the to be recast :dahell:

“He never told us”?

“I think it’s important for kids, not just who are black but of all races to see this character. Because it expands our consciousness as to what a hero can look like” - Chadwick Boseman. :dahell:

Ryan Coogler had no power. Disney are not putting a decision like that into a directors hands for a big budget $200M release. Stop lying. That was pr to calm fans and negate people for questioning why they didn’t recast in the first place.