Why are Igbo Nigerians so good at football?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our natural figure is stocky. When we move to the West, we grow taller due to better nutrition and public healthcare.

My father is 5'11. His father was 5'5. I'm 6'2

This sounds like the homie from college, he and his brothers are all at least 6'2 200 lbs, met his pops, breh was barely 5'6 100 lbs shyt had me :deadmanny::dahell:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadrose:

How's a Cameroon a close second when there's no half-decent Igbo player in the NBA?

The GOAT African player in NBA history, Hakeem Olajuwon, is Yoruba.
The only other African number one pick, the bust, Olowkandy, is Yoruba.
The GOAT young player in the NBA right now, Giannis Antetoukumpo, is Yoruba.
Then Victor Oladipo and Al Farooq Aminu are Yorubas.

The best Igbo player in the NBA isn't even as good as Al Farooq Aminu. And of all the rookies of Nigerian descent in the draft, Bam Adebayo (another Yoruba) is getting the most shine from NBA analysts and, Sam Ojeleye (Yoruba) is already getting minutes. Igbo don't thrive like that in the NBA and Okafor who was meant to be good hasn't even lived up to the hype. There aren't no Africans with the same pedigree as Yorubas in the NBA.

OP.

I think it's because there are more Igbos in the US and I believe the Nigerian nightmare, Christian Okoye, kind of paved the way for them. Unlike the UK for example where there more Yorubas. And they tend to be stockier. But Jay Ajayi is Yoruba and he's pretty good at what he does. And Green Bay legend, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, is Yoruba. I believe there are about 10-15 Yorubas on NFL roster and, Nelson Agholor who has been decent for the Eagles this year, is Edo.

The thread is unnecessary, though. Some of you just like unnecessary pissing contests - it must be an American and a Nigerian thing.

Anthony Joshua
David Alaba
Dele Alli
Even Mbappe has some Yoruba roots

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:ohhh:

Go through all 32 NFL teams and I guarantee there's at least 3 Nigerian players on the team. Most of them, if not all, will be Igbo, although there's a minority of Yoruba players. Even at the NCAA level there's a shytload of Igbo players. There's a lot of Igbo NBA players as well, but the best Nigerian NBA player of all time was Yoruba (Olajuwon)

I know FOR A FACT that not every Nigerian coming to America is Igbo, so what the fukk is going on?:jbhmm:
A large percentage of them are. The Igbo is marginalized in Nigeria, so many had to leave in order to make money. Hausas which control Nigeria rarely if ever leave. Yorubas come, but since they have wealth in the country, they aren't as pressed to leave.

Furthmore, igboland was heavily raided during the slave trade, as the igbo people were not well organized. This in turn means a significant portion of African Americans are of igbo ancestory.

Igbo's leave Nigeria and break records industries all over the world, giving Nigeria recognition the country honestly doesn't deserve. Especially since they treat Igbos like shyt.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:russ: If you're focused on books for basketball success, you should also be focused on books for NBA success since you've to go through college for both, alie? And don't tell me Igbos are more intelligent/educated than Yorubas because we all know who the GOAT Nigerians are when it comes to education. But your folks are catching up to the trails we blazed in terms of academic excellence.

Igbos just aren't good/talented enough for the NBA, unlike Yorubas. And we're also better skilled fighters - boxing (look at the gawd on my profile - Yoruba GAWD) and MMA.

Anyway, my post was directed at that guy who said Igbos and Cameroonians dominate basketball, loool. No, Yorubas dominate basketball and perhaps Congo is a far 2nd. The only decent Cameroonian is Embiid and you have the journeyman, Mbah Moute.

I can't even give Igbos soccer due to David Alaba and Dele Alli.

Unnecessary thread, though. They need to bin this shyt.
First off idiot, there is essetially NO genetic differencs between an Igbo and a Yuroba, so all this nonsense you typed is stupidity. Differences are purely language and culture, which has little effect in terms of athletic excellence. If anything, the vast majority of igbo families shun sports and stress academics. Which is actually the right move overall.

There are plenty of talented igbo athletes, especially in soccer. The fukking Nigerian soccer team that won gold in Atlanta was majority igbo you stupid fukk.

Thirdly, genetic studies are showing that a LARGE percentage of African Americans are descendants of the Igbo tribe, so that could potentially explain the high percentage of athletically gifted African Americans.

Insinuating somehow Yurobas are athletically superior is stupidity.

And i hope your not some fat ass idiot typing this nonsense, with your superior yuroba genetics.. :mjlol: