Why do Marvel movies look kind of Ugly? (Video Essay)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
That's fair. But I'm a music fanatic which extends beyond music and I truly believe music is key to a movie and can elevate or kinda crush it too. One of the many issues I had with spider man 3 is that soundtrack which was abysmal for the most part. But in a movie like predator or back to the future, Silvestri's score is so fukkin perfect. But again thats from me just loving music
yea i feel ya but thats definitely where we differ. I dont remember no music from spiderman 3 and i've seen predator like 10x at least and dont remember anything from that either. I just dont pay attention to it unless its overbearing. shyt the only composer i know is hanz and thats cuz ppl say his name so damn much in reviews and shyt

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I actually love the muted look of Civil War and Winter Soldier (my favorite Marvel movie). It makes the movies seem more grounded in reality instead of comic bookish and silly.
Pretty sure this is the reason they do it that way. All of these stories are ridiculous and they wanted to somehow make them seem more plausible by muting the colors and making them less comic book-y, which you can argue worked perfectly.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I actually love the muted look of Civil War and Winter Soldier (my favorite Marvel movie). It makes the movies seem more grounded in reality instead of comic bookish and silly.

Pretty sure this is the reason they do it that way. All of these stories are ridiculous and they wanted to somehow make them seem more plausible by muting the colors and making them less comic book-y, which you can argue worked perfectly.

I'm sorry but this sounds like a crock of shyt. Y'all prolly the same brehs that shyt on Fox and the X-men for not using the costumes and now say the MCU color grades to make their movies look less comic book-y? :usure:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm sorry but this sounds like a crock of shyt. Y'all prolly the same brehs that shyt on Fox and the X-men for not using the costumes and now say the MCU color grades to make their movies look less comic book-y? :usure:
Nah not at all. Those movies are shytty due to the script and horrible character designs. I never once complained about the way they were shot or color tones that are used.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
thats mostly because its atrocious........i dont even give a fukk about scores but i love the avengers theme and its one of the main reasons i find the spinning camera shot in the first one so iconic in my eyes

EDIT: just youtubed it...always gives me the feels :noah:
That scene epitomizes marvel films.

A ripped off technique from Michael Bay in an action sequence ripped off from transformers 3 with a score that sounds like it was picked from a generic action film starring Gerard Butler.

Wonder wonder theme is by far a better theme than that soulless shyt.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
As much as I love Civil War the CG was really weak and they went overboard. So much of the movie looks, I dunno...fake to me.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Someone needs to make a Video "Why do Marvel Movies make so much gwap?" So the DCU can take some notes :mjgrin:
2ro6p36.jpg