Why do people hate unions so much?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Unions are necessary, and I think alot of the good they do is easily overlooked/taken for granted. Their negatives are a lot easier to focus on, especially when you're looking for a reason to hate in service of an ideological position.
I believe less than 5% of the economy is unionized...:patrice:not sure we can say they are "needed".
:whoa:I could be wrong on that, but either way I'd like to see what today's economy would like union free.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
The hate comes from the public sector.

Union employees in the public sector are the most overpaid f*ckers I've ever come across.

Edit: I would like to add that the seniority approach Unions usually have can be bullshyt at times.
Also, if you don't follow "the pack", you won't last.

Last edited:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I believe less than 5% of the economy is unionized...:patrice:not sure we can say they are "needed".
:whoa:I could be wrong on that, but either way I'd like to see what today's economy would like union free.
If it's as small of a percentage as you say then why do certain people get so fired up over them? I mean, if it's less than 5% you should already have a pretty good idea of how union free labor markets operate...no?

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
:patrice:Zero nion?

Anyway, I know I posted it yesterday, but any excuse...

B8Hiwdl.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAibAAAAJDZkNGMwMjVjLTI5NzktNDU4Ny1hNTk4LTA0M2EwNmFjOTVhMg.jpg

0nions my brotha. Stay woke.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Because republicans are so brainwashed they think anything that helps businesses make money is a win for them. Meanwhile wages and benefits for Americans keep tanking. The joke about teh Trump tax cuts is corporations are sitting on record stockpiles of cash. The idea that even MORE cash is going to suddenly make them pay you more is ludicrous.

People who hate unions point to teachers unions while worshiping the police, and not having any real idea of labor rights history.

Yep, whenever there's a discussion about unions, they always make sure to leave our "beloved" cops and firemen out of the discussion. And, those a$$holes won't even stand up for fellow union workers.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see we're feeling a little melodramatic today. :comeon:
not really

for example both of my parents teach, and you're all but forced to join the teachers union, which requires paying dues. and guess which party gets 95% of the teachers' union donations? the democrats. any issue you could see there?

we're better off with unions than without them, but they have a lot of issues and they arent above criticism like this subforum claims

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mostly jealousy
democrats have promised these public unions pensions that they (WE) cannot pay for

New York City Pensions Are Still in Crisis

if they were paid for, great. they arent :dead: why do you think taxes in new york are so fukkin high? to pay for shyt like this. but i have to cry for NYC and cali and new jersey being affected by this tax bill because they cant get their own house in order? :camby:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Because Americans are stupid, and assosciate unions with communism, and communism with anti-America
People are starting to wake up, even rural white Republicans. There's this small town out here and the state government got all excited about setting up a chicken plant thinking the people would be all :gladbron: about it. They didn't even bother telling people until the deal was about signed. But, even these fools have figured all they're going to do is bus in illegal immigrants and pay them slave wages to do the work, get a tax reprieve for it while all the profits flood back to Tyson HQ, then leave the town to pay for infrastructure, policing, schooling, and hospitals for all these new broke ass people.

Anyway the town said hell to the no and got the shyt cancelled :ehh:

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
not really

for example both of my parents teach, and you're all but forced to join the teachers union, which requires paying dues. and guess which party gets 95% of the teachers' union donations? the democrats. any issue you could see there?

we're better off with unions than without them, but they have a lot of issues and they arent above criticism like this subforum claims

People who hate unions point to teachers unions while worshiping the police, and not having any real idea of labor rights history.

Not saying you love cops or anything, but.....