Why don't action stars today like The Rock and Jason Statham......

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Exactly this. Stars don't drive properties like they used to.

Honestly, I blame most of today's media landscape on the '96 telecommunications act. Honestly the worst thing to happen to the entertainment industry and while it took a decade or so for its effects to be truly felt, it's really hitting now.

Companies have made it so that titles move the needle and that no actor is bigger than the studios.
Yep! The UFC just did this with their ESPN deal. They have so much guaranteed money per show now that they don’t need superstars in order to drive sales like they used to, because they have solid guaranteed money no matter what. It’s good for the industry but bad for the athletes. Similar deal to the movie studios and actors.

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
do yall think Arnold did roids?, he doesn't look like the massive freaks of modern day bodybuilding

121-01-scaled.jpg
lol asked this with the most blatant example of his roided out physique

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Lots of goops points being made.

Yeah I think people wanted to believe the actor could pull off the amount of destruction in the 80s/90s. Which was limiting in a way. They got so big they could only do big action or out of the way comedy.

Now , we are believing Matt Damon can do gun-fu, drive like Jeff Gordon, and as tech knowledgeable as Bill Gates.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were rounding but not to the level today. I’m not trying to act like a know it all, but my career is teaching a sport that sadly is riddled with performance enhancing drugs. I’ve never done them but I briefly considered doing a cycle 2 years ago, but I was scared my body wouldn’t make its normal T levels once I stopped, so I decided not to.

The PEDs/gear now is so much better than what they had back then. Cycles are super easy to do and there’s so much info on how to do it. People are bigger than ever that do steroids. They even made a sequel to pumping iron, and Arnold is on record as saying the size of the bodies today puts his era to shame.

Early era Arnold May be a different story. Like Conan and Terminator 1. But once Arnold got to the 90’s his size dropped significantly. Contrast that today, and The Rock is bigger than he was 20 years ago.
I guess within your field, you're gonna see more nuance with the levels of steroids.

To us casuals a steroid body is a steroid body. nikkas not looking at 2019 Rock & 80s arnold and contrasting the quality of the drugs. After a certain point inflated muscles look freakish and everbody thinks roids when they see em :yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I guess within your field, you're gonna see more nuance with the levels of steroids.

To us casuals a steroid body is a steroid body. nikkas not looking at 2019 Rock & 80s arnold and contrasting the quality of the drugs. After a certain point inflated muscles look freakish and everbody thinks roids when they see em :yeshrug:
That’s more than fair. I should keep that in mind.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He’s admitted to using steroids in his early days. He definitely dropped back after the 80’s. It can be really hard to just STOP doing them once you start. Usually once you start (at least with testosterone) you’re on it for life, to some degree. Arnold likely dropped down to a dose that was more appropriate for his age, but not off the charts/ridiculously high.

Arnold has gone on record though that the body builders of today take stuff in quantities that no one in his day was taking, and that bodies are larger than ever.

Arnold is the GOAT body builder IMO though. Him in his prime is still the most symmetrical body builder to ever live, I think.

He never stopped doing roids, but once he took acting 100% he lowered his dosage a ton.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He never stopped doing roids, but once he took acting 100% he lowered his dosage a ton.

At what point in arnold movie career did he lower his dosage a ton? Just finished watching conan and commando and he seems pretty juiced up.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
At what point in arnold movie career did he lower his dosage a ton? Just finished watching conan and commando and he seems pretty juiced up.

He lowered his roid usage when he went into hollywood full-time. He is much slimmer in Conan than he was when he competed. In Kindergarten cop he is even smaller lol. Look Up Arnolds Olympia return in the 80s and compare it to his run in the 70s.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He lowered his roid usage when he went into hollywood full-time. He is much slimmer in Conan than he was when he competed. In Kindergarten cop he is even smaller lol. Look Up Arnolds Olympia return in the 80s and compare it to his run in the 70s.

You are right! At what point in his movie career did he stop using 100%? Or was he on the juice for every movie he ever did?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You are right! At what point in his movie career did he stop using 100%? Or was he on the juice for every movie he ever did?
He probably “cruised” (and is still crusing) to maintain. Body builders have a concept called “blasting and crusing”.

blasting = high dosage to gain a bunch to compete, and cruise is to maintain when your not competing.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Problem is dudes want the same accolades as Arnold and others without making r rated movies

I don’t really even think it be all them.....
It’s the studios.

If you an actor depending on your power vs the studio. You can scream that Rated R shyt all you want.

But once Dan from accounting gets back to them and shows them the difference in the bag from Rated R to Rated PG-13

The studio finna always be like :ufdup: and most actors looking at how much money they gonna get it’s like :patrice::manny:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
He probably “cruised” (and is still crusing) to maintain. Body builders have a concept called “blasting and crusing”.

blasting = high dosage to gain a bunch to compete, and cruise is to maintain when your not competing.

I dont see how arnold and dwayne johnson can be on the juice for so many years and not have any negative effects on their health.