Why don't action stars today like The Rock and Jason Statham......

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Keanu does. Statham used to before the fast and furious franchise. Michael Jai White and Scott Atkins are hit or miss.

It really depends on the directors tbh. We need more guys like Gareth Evans and Chad Stahelski behind the scenes. If one of those guys did a movie with the Rock....:whoo:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Me and my boys were talking bout shyt like that here recently. This new generations different. Me and my friends grew up sparring in martial arts and boxing and shyt along with workouts for fun, cuz we were raised by men who did the same growing up. shyt that men should be doing. That shyts considered "toxic" now though because society itself has become so feminine.:scust::dame:
This is a good take too.

It reminds me that there aren’t a lot of smaller scale action movies either. Almost everything is on some save the planet level stakes. There are less relatable protagonists, because there are so few action movies that take place on a realistic scale, with realistic stakes and well written characters.

People looked up to Rocky and Apollo Crees for being strong men. I think it’s harder to make movies that embrace masculine qualities and traits in today’s PC climate.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Keanu does. Statham used to before the fast and furious franchise. Michael Jai White and Scott Atkins are hit or miss.

It really depends on the directors tbh. We need more guys like Gareth Evans and Chad Stahelski behind the scenes. If one of those guys did a movie with the Rock....:whoo:
Rock would never do a raid type film though :francis:What was his last R film? Doom maybe? Or am I forgetting something :jbhmm:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Statham is NOT a star, he featuring in straight to dvd films and on demand titles all of a sudden they try to make him seem like he needed to be the headlining attraction FOH. He lucky he is friends with Rock

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Because back in the day rated R movies were marketed towards kids. The Rock and Jason Statham have to be more family friendly in order to reach that same audience. You've never really seen either one of them do so really brutal badass shyt. They just swagger like they do. It's like comparing power rangers violence to john wick violence
Arnold would tear a dudes spine out and quip a one liner while covered in blood. The rock and them are more about stunts. Because of this the Aura felt different.
I almost feel weird hearing the Rock use actual F bombs. seems unnatural. I mention John WIck because thats the type of aura we got from Arnold and Sly back in the day.

Rock in Walking Tall was badass

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I don’t really even think it be all them.....
It’s the studios.

If you an actor depending on your power vs the studio. You can scream that Rated R shyt all you want.

But once Dan from accounting gets back to them and shows them the difference in the bag from Rated R to Rated PG-13

The studio finna always be like :ufdup: and most actors looking at how much money they gonna get it’s like :patrice::manny:

So your calling them sellouts then which make it worse.

They already rich nothing stopping them from doing smaller r rated films like stallone did with the last rambo

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
because the action movies today depend too much CGI bullshyt instead of violence

Because back in the day rated R movies were marketed towards kids. The Rock and Jason Statham have to be more family friendly in order to reach that same audience. You've never really seen either one of them do so really brutal badass shyt. They just swagger like they do. It's like comparing power rangers violence to john wick violence
Arnold would tear a dudes spine out and quip a one liner while covered in blood. The rock and them are more about stunts. Because of this the Aura felt different.
I almost feel weird hearing the Rock use actual F bombs. seems unnatural. I mention John WIck because thats the type of aura we got from Arnold and Sly back in the day.

/thread

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
If you take testosterone injections, it's not that unhealthy as long as it's not crazy doses. Arnold definitely fell way back at a younger age. I'm sure he still takes injections (you pretty much have to keep it going forever once you start) but the steroid abuse wasn't as bad in his day as it is now. Once he got out of bodybuilding and into films, he would go on to deflate considerably by the 90's. Also, there's a lot of new science suggesting that even a 1 month cycle of testosterone can have permanent ability for you to gain lean muscle mass more easily. There are also so many kinds of steroids. Pure testosterone (which is mostly what they had back in Arnold's lifting prime) is less dangerous than some of the stuff that's out there now. Arnold never took as much stuff as someone like Ronnie Coleman (feel free to google him; it's crazy), and he didn't have access to the crazy shyt that Ronnie and people now are able to take, so Arnold avoided ruining himself and his health.

Regarding The Rock, I'm more worried about his long term health, because he's almost 50 and he's clearly doing some pretty heavy stacks. For Pain and Gain he got way bigger than he'd ever been as a pro wrestler. The good thing The Rock has going for him is a fukk ton of money to pay for the highest levels of science and knowledge to help him juice as intelligently as possible. I guarantee he's got a team that helps him, does blood work all the time, and helps him adjust his stacks and his cycles. He also is probably able to take the highest quality stuff.

Absolutely. Yeah, once you're on gear, you're probably on it (especially at lower doses) for life. The biggest reason I never tried it is I was terrified of having to be on it forever.

Great post! Would it be safe to do if you have blood pressure issues? I took a dna test and i have a slightly increased risk of hereditary thrombosis. Because of that would it be too dangerous for me?

At any rate i havn no knowledge of juice nor do i know how to acquire any. Also i am obese as well.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Because Statham started doing straight to home video movies and the Rock sucks at picking roles :yeshrug:

Daps
1. Action movies don't have the same quality
2. Action movies aren't as big as they were back then. This overall society has far less testosterone itself:dame:
Gone are the days of big meaty men bumping chests and slapping meat:dame:

200.gif

:dame: