Why is it that majority of blockbuster movies and tv series are trash in reality

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
In the case of blockbuster movies - blame China. Hollywood makes and markets these films for the Chinese market.

As much as we keep fooling ourselves, we’re no longer the top superpower. Chinese moviegoers have way more numbers and money to see shytty films that fall within certain parameters set by the CCP.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Facts about the Sopranos.

Finally binged this at the start of quarantine

Too many filler eps, characters i didn't care for & the characterization of black people

Yeah, you had good parts, but overall people just wanted their mafia fix

*Edit*
Yeah, this is realistic :camby:

Last edited:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
nikkas hyped up sopranos, it was average at best
Then avatar was suppose to be a game changer, that joint was trash too
The revenant, Joker,Roma et al fall into the mega popular movie but trash pile
Lucifer, sense8 and the flash are also incredibly popular shows that are average at best

I have to stop falling for the hype:francis::hhh:

I can count the movies and series that lived up to the hype on one hand, so either nikkas have horrible taste
or I'm tripping
The Shield
Sons Of Anarchy
The Wire
Dexter
Billions
All GOAT shows in reality:yeshrug:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
nikkas hyped up sopranos, it was average at best
Then avatar was suppose to be a game changer, that joint was trash too
The revenant, Joker,Roma et al fall into the mega popular movie but trash pile
Lucifer, sense8 and the flash are also incredibly popular shows that are average at best

I have to stop falling for the hype:francis::hhh:

I can count the movies and series that lived up to the hype on one hand, so either nikkas have horrible taste
or I'm tripping

Because Hollywood puts making $$$ over quality storytelling. Point blank period. If a movie or a TV show with a GREAT story is made its a motherfukking miracle.

Interesting you mentioned Joker and Revenant, definitely two overhyped movies so I agree with you there. They are both arty fake deep movies with shallow one-note characters and plots - both scripts needed to be rewritten IMO. Both had nice camera work and big actors so maybe thats why they got hyped so much - also in Jokers case Batman/comic shyt always gets hyped up cuz thats just whats in. Roma was some slice-of-life arthouse shyt, I thought it was probably pretty realistic depicting what a maid's life is so it has some merit there but its also clearly not the most exciting subject matter in the world. Not a movie you watch to have fun and be entertained by lol.

Sopranos is entertaining because its making fun of Italian wiseguys being a bunch of stupid, psychopathic criminal a$$holes IMO but I get it not being for everyone.