Why is it that majority of blockbuster movies and tv series are trash in reality

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I had a person explain Americans to me in a very succinct way one time, basically she said Americans are always hyping something up. Especially if made in America. Everything’s always AMAZING!

since then, I’ve been very wary of “hype”. Mostly because I think it’s mainly a fight for attention versus actual value...
Freedom Fries goddammit!!

:banderas:

:hhh:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Oh.
And Lucifer is poppin.

Shut the fukk up!
:ufdup:

Mazikeen was the only reason I made it through the 1st season. The main actor (Lucifer) was unbearable as hell with the corny british accent and annoying demeanor/acting, add to that the incredibly lame and unrealistic storyline and theme:camby:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avatar in the theater was the shyt. Saw it twice there. If you never saw it in the theater you won't understand the hype. Never watched it at home though because the actual movie is mediocre.
Yea Avatar is one of those movies you didn’t see in theaters you wouldn’t understand what all the hype was about

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So cinemography/style over substance:mjlol:

Or maybe also because its damn near the only blockbuster movie created with 3D in mind and took full advantage of it. Pretty much every movie after Avatar that tacked on 3D for additional revenue was able to do so because Avatar blew everyone away.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
That’s kinda the point; the creator of show wants to show you these are horrible people
:unimpressed:

EDIT: To me, it just seems they go out of their way to make black characters look weak and incompetent, and it seems like only black people commit violent crimes against regular citizens such as in the scene above.

Like I said in another thread about gangster movies, I just get tired of seeing and hearing racism. I gotta see that shyt everywhere online, get reminded about it in the news, deal with it in my day-to-day, I don't need to see it when I sit down to watch TV to escape this shyt. Ain't no need to remind me that "we're only gonna sell drugs to the ni**rs, they're animals anyways" foh.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
:unsure: You know the white characters are portrayed far worse
You responded too quick, see my edit:

EDIT: To me, it just seems they go out of their way to make black characters look weak and incompetent, and it seems like only black people commit violent crimes against regular citizens such as in the scene above.

Like I said in another thread about gangster movies, I just get tired of seeing and hearing racism. I gotta see that shyt everywhere online, get reminded about it in the news, deal with it in my day-to-day, I don't need to see it when I sit down to watch TV to escape this shyt. Ain't no need to remind me that "we're only gonna sell drugs to the ni**rs, they're animals anyways" foh.

That said, I don't care if white characters are portrayed worse. They may be worse morally, but they're shown in a way that's meant to put them in a position of power or respect. The same cannot be said about black characters.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You responded too quick, see my edit:

That said, I don't care if white characters are portrayed worse. They may be worse morally, but they're shown in a way that's meant to put them in a position of power or respect. The same cannot be said about black characters.
Good point
I still think Sopranos is a GOAT show, but you make a very good show

Joe Budden

Banned
Daps
I enjoyed the Sopranos the first time I watched it. I went back a few years later and tried to rewatch but I couldn’t make it. I agree that there’s way too much filler.

24 was a blast from start to finish

Castle Hill second season is piff

Handmaids Tale is puff

11.22.63 was great until it turned into a romance show

Prison Break first two seasons of piff but it turns into pure fukkery after that.

What are you guys currently watching?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
the last show I got into was the Americans
I can't keep up anymore and even if interested I stop halfway