Why is it that majority of blockbuster movies and tv series are trash in reality

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movies (regardless of popularity)
blood diamond
Cast away
perfume (the story of a murderer)
The dark knight
slumdog millionaire
Taken (1st one)
benjamin button
3 idiots
children of men
The pursuit of happyness
The Intouchables
I'm legend
Mission impossible 1-4
The bourne series (particularly the first 3)
just to name a few, are beautiful/classic movie imo

As for TV series
GOT
The wire
Breaking bad
prison break
Vikings
Lovecraft country (It's too early but it's looking like a classic)
The kingdom (Korean)
are classic shows imo

I was thinking you were a contrarian yet you listed more movies and TV shows that you enjoy than the average person would be able to name. This thread is confusing lol.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
nikkas hyped up sopranos, it was average at best
tenor.gif

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
I can't disagree with this philosophy but racism is a very real aspect of our society and I can't blame directors for addressing and taking their own approach to illustrating it. It feels out of place when people simply ignore it also when it's a culturally relevant setting. Seeing a movie set in the 1940's in the south without any depiction of racism would just feel like it's not authentic.
To me, if it's not advancing the plot or isn't making a statement, then it's not necessary. Like I don't need to see someone take a shyt in a movie, or else I'll lose immersion. The films we're discussing are dramas and are meant to be enjoyed as a form of art -- the shyt isn't a documentary.

But even if authenticity is so important to you, it flies over the heads of the casual viewer. To them, racism should be celebrated or admired. Look at the comments from the YT video in my last post. Most white people don't see Tony's crew throwing around "moulinyan" and gasp with disgust. No, they quietly use it in day-to-day conversation because Tony and his crew are their heroes. Don't believe me? Check this shyt out.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
:unimpressed:

EDIT: To me, it just seems they go out of their way to make black characters look weak and incompetent, and it seems like only black people commit violent crimes against regular citizens such as in the scene above.

Like I said in another thread about gangster movies, I just get tired of seeing and hearing racism. I gotta see that shyt everywhere online, get reminded about it in the news, deal with it in my day-to-day, I don't need to see it when I sit down to watch TV to escape this shyt. Ain't no need to remind me that "we're only gonna sell drugs to the ni**rs, they're animals anyways" foh.

Didn't remember this clip but it definitely feels forced like they were trying to tell the audience its ok to stereotype and be prejudice because there are bad black people.

Crazy part there's a sopranos prequel movie coming out about the riots in Newark I believe. I wonder how they're gonna depict black people :mjpls:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking you were a contrarian yet you listed more movies and TV shows that you enjoy than the average person would be able to name. This thread is confusing lol.
Nah far from a contrarian. I'm just a substance over style/cinemography kind of guy

extremely slow paced and Fake deep or movies with wack plot/acting or storyline
gets the :camby:from me. Hollywood is way too focused on "different" ,"fake deep" and cinemography over substance nowadays instead of the real essence of movie i.e entertainment and story telling.

If a movie struggles to keep its viewers glued to the edge of their seats then that movie has failed unless its objective is to bore the audience to death and confuse the hell out of them.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
nikkas hyped up sopranos, it was average at best
Then avatar was suppose to be a game changer, that joint was trash too
The revenant, Joker,Roma et al fall into the mega popular movie but trash pile
Lucifer, sense8 and the flash are also incredibly popular shows that are average at best

I have to stop falling for the hype:francis::hhh:

I can count the movies and series that lived up to the hype on one hand, so either nikkas have horrible taste
or I'm tripping

watch

tv
travelers (esp. season 2)
angel (esp. seasons 4, 5 and 3)
breaking bad
westworld (season I)
star trek discovery (seasons 1, 3 so far)
altered carbon (season 1)

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
watch

tv
travelers (esp. season 2)
angel (esp. seasons 4, 5 and 3)
breaking bad
westworld (season I)
star trek discovery (seasons 1, 3 so far)
altered carbon (season 1)
Thanks breh. I haven't seen travelers and angels, will check it out