Why is it that majority of blockbuster movies and tv series are trash in reality

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Season 1 and 2 of The Flash were great. Brett Cavanaugh was the MVP as Reverse Flash, and Tony Todd was brilliant as Zoom. Buddy broke Barry's back then ran em around the entire city going "Is this your King?" :mjlol:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't finish the Sopranos. Too much casual racism for me.
And the sad part is they hella toned it down to not alienate viewers and not make people hate the characters. Italians are notoriously racist against blacks. They think of them as scum.
Show is still good. But 2-3 season too long and too much filler.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed the Sopranos the first time I watched it. I went back a few years later and tried to rewatch but I couldn’t make it. I agree that there’s way too much filler.

24 was a blast from start to finish

Castle Hill second season is piff

Handmaids Tale is puff

11.22.63 was great until it turned into a romance show

Prison Break first two seasons of piff but it turns into pure fukkery after that.

What are you guys currently watching?
Gangs of London. Straight crack rock. amc+ got it. even the outsider was pretty good too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shield
Sons Of Anarchy
The Wire
Dexter
Billions
All GOAT shows in reality:yeshrug:

The first 2 to 3 seasons of Billions..... And maybe the first 4 of SOA until it jumps off a cliff.... but I fukk with these shows too... it’s like writers that’s just said fukk it after a while and started writing the plots while on acid or some shyt....

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Facts about the Sopranos.

Finally binged this at the start of quarantine

Too many filler eps, characters i didn't care for & the characterization of black people

Yeah, you had good parts, but overall people just wanted their mafia fix

*Edit*
Yeah, this is realistic :camby:

There was absolutely no filler.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
the cinematography, the story, the acting from the lead, the music. it was a great character study on how mental illness can be ignored/missed and result in tragedy.

The way I look at it is, the Joker is a great movie from a technical standpoint and artistically, but I NEVER want to see it again. The constant cringe, depression and second hand embarrassment I had watching that movie is unlike anything I've ever dealt with before, which is the sign of a good director and story, but it wasn't 'fun". It also failed IMO to recreate the Joker as he is in his source material.

Great movie, but I can't recommend it to anyone else and I certainly won't be revisiting it.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:unimpressed:

EDIT: To me, it just seems they go out of their way to make black characters look weak and incompetent, and it seems like only black people commit violent crimes against regular citizens such as in the scene above.

Like I said in another thread about gangster movies, I just get tired of seeing and hearing racism. I gotta see that shyt everywhere online, get reminded about it in the news, deal with it in my day-to-day, I don't need to see it when I sit down to watch TV to escape this shyt. Ain't no need to remind me that "we're only gonna sell drugs to the ni**rs, they're animals anyways" foh.

I can't disagree with this philosophy but racism is a very real aspect of our society and I can't blame directors for addressing and taking their own approach to illustrating it. It feels out of place when people simply ignore it also when it's a culturally relevant setting. Seeing a movie set in the 1940's in the south without any depiction of racism would just feel like it's not authentic.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Sopranos and Joker are far from trash and this is negworthy.

The Revenant was slow as fukk but not trash.

I watch The Flash but it's popcorn just like MCU.