Why is it that most current male R&B artist are half ass singers and always trying to rap?

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
half singing, talk singing and basically rapping in their songs! :mindblown:

I know only a few who are just straight singers and no BS.

The ladies are really holding it down for R&B
H.E.R, Ella Mai, Sza,King, Amber Mark, Ari Lennox and many other new comers.

I was searching for new R&B music and most R&B nikkas are sounding like this:

This shyt fukkin sucks :gucci:

Are you a rapper or a gotdamn R&B singer?:gucci:

You have Cacs actually making better R&B than most of these dudes and I want to support black artist.

These new Male R&B singers need to step it up.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Just be half singing, talk singing and basically rapping in their songs?! :mindblown:

I know only a few who are just straight singers and no BS.

The ladies are really holding it down for R&B
H.E.R, Ella Mai, Sza,King, Amber Mark, Ari Lennox and many other new comers.

I was searching for new R&B music and most R&B nikkas are sounding like this:

This shyt fukkin sucks :gucci:

Are you a rapper or a gotdamn R&B singer?:gucci:

You have Cacs actually making better R&B than most of these dudes and I want to support black artist.

These new Male R&B singers need to step it up.

I saw a media outlet use a perfect term for all the current Half-singing/half-rapping male R&B artists. "Hip-Hop Singers".

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I saw a media outlet use a perfect term for all the current Half-singing/half-rapping male R&B artists. "Hip-Hop Singers".
But what the hell is going on?
Are you're just noticing this now? Mainstream male R&B singers have been doing the half-singing/half-rapping melodies since atleast 2013. If you go look up any old thread in TLR or The Booth about folks complaining about current R&B, this is 1 of the main complaints.

Somebody

All Star
Daps
808s & heartbreak 10 yr anniversary nov 24. real game changer. :blessed:

and don’t act like folks like teddy pendergrass and isaac hayes wasn’t talk singing.

it’s just easy to hate on the modern black man and praise the black man of the past cause he’s at least silenced :mjpls:

the music we make is forever innovative. if you want that old style shyt, sam smith and bruno mars is at your service. :mjpls:

we’re a culture forever in tune with the moment. but the music wouldn’t be all that innovative without ppl like u to make it seem divisive

nevermind yes it would:mjlol:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Hey fellas. Lets figure this out. @ what point did this start happening? Like, who was the first one?

The first act to do this was a group called ENTOURAGE in 1998:

I think the crooner died out in the 00's sometime when hip hop became the huge crossover phenomenon that it is now

that suburban white audience never got our R&B, it was too soulful and black church sounding for "mainstream" audiences