Those Africans opened the door for the current issues of not just Africa but African peoples.What about Africans who had African slaves?
Y’all do know every group of people have held others as slaves right?
yep these nikkas wanna be victims of the whole world. Like bro ados beef is with euro cacs and nobody else stop taking on all this baggageThe Arab slave trade inslaved Africans, arabs, whites, indians, Chinese etc. everyone was a slave, it wasn’t just limited to black people which is different than the North Atlantic slave trade were it was primarily Africans. In Islam despite enslaving Africans, Africans were able to rise into high positions among the various Islamic empires. This was untrue of Western Christianity until the last 75 years or so.
Why do y’all want to associate slavery with black people so bad fukk do you mean we need to teach this in schools. I swear some of y’all just want our history to consists of slavery or getting fukked over by nonblack people
Various reasons :
- History in the West (meaning the History most of us here are familiar with) is White-Centric. So much that they hardly even teach the crimes the other people commited lmao.
- The US is the most powerful empire the world has ever known. Meaning that its history will be studied and dissected way more than the one of other areas of the world. And that includes by the victims of said history (in this case, Black Americans, who have way more means and ressources to study the US past than say descendants of African slaves in the Arabic world). And a big part of that history is the transatlantic trade.
- White people, for better and for worse, have a tendency to register and save everything. Which means that there's tons of ressources available to study the transatlantic trade, as opposed to the transaharan trade.
- Arabs were colonized themselves, so they first studied their own history of domination and liberation. That, obviously, makes it hard to critically study your own dark history. On the other hand even within the frame of White supremacy some White people have been looking at their own crimes and history critically since forever. Arabs are in the strange place where they are both victims and perpretrators of widespread and structural racism (Kind of similar to Zionist Jews today). Blacks have only been victims of it, Whites have only been perpretrators.
- That also explains why some Black people decided to not spend that much time on the transaharan slave trade because the main enemy was White supremacism and colonialism. And in that fight a sort of alliance with Arabs was possible and was made, especially in the non-aligned movement and panafricanism. And while Arabs enslaved Black Africans, White people enslaved Black Africans AND massively colonized them : the long-term impact of the second form of domination is more lasting than the first. Which is why for example way more Black Africans speak english or french than they do arabic.
- Religion, obviously, makes it harder to confront that particular history.
All that being said there's clearly much more need to study that form of structural long-term massive slavery and, in general, Anti-Black racism in the Arabic/Muslim world.
Some black Muslims refuse to even acknowledge that Muhammad bought and sold slaves. Watch the video above....The evidence in a sahih (authentic hadith) is presented to them and they STILL deny it. This is from their own books!
I know black Muslims who converted under the impression Islam is AGAINST slavery. Now they are faced with the hard reality that they were lied to.
Even SEX slavery is legal in Islam under the certain conditions. Don't take my word for it...This guy is a Muslim with a PHD.
Check the comments in the video...even his own fellow Muslims are disgusted
Also you gotta look at how Arabs viewed African Muslims.
The Arab traveller Ibm Battuta and we could deduce other Arabs felt the same back then held these thoughts.
"Ibn Battuta disapproved of the fact that female slaves, servants, and even the daughters of the sultan went about exposing parts of their bodies not befitting a Muslim. He wrote in his Rihla that black Africans were characterised by "ill manners" and "contempt for white men", and that he "was long astonished at their feeble intellect and their respect for mean things."
So Arabs feel superior to us despite the muslism connection that is why they have no.problem enslaving us.
Facts, if you from or have East African descent then it’s already understood that sand cacs are the opps. Sure, there might be a tiny handful that’s actually cool but for the most part they still on that fukk shyt. I can safely say that the Arab slave trade and then later European imperialism are two major factors for why the region is beset with identity issues, especially in the Horn/Sudan.
If I described to you the process of castration (which mostly involved very young boys) y’all would hate them too. Notice btw, how unlike the diaspora in the New World the African diaspora from Turkey to India is barely visible. They were luxury items to these cac sultans they were beyond expendable and for the most part they didn’t want a lot of procreation going on since they didn’t run plantation societies. The few areas that did had to deal with rebellions. To think, East Africans embraced Islam and took in Muhammad’s persecuted followers while most Arabs were pagans and tryna kill the prophet and his early followers. The first call to prayer was done by an Ethiopian but out of all Africans they have the most contempt for us.
And what’s most frustrating is that just like Christianity, it allows outsiders the opportunity to practice cultural superiority/hegemony on Africa and African descendant peoples which delays the process of healing that needs to be undertaken following hundreds of years of destructive actions on the continent and it’s people. Even today, Ethiopian Muslims and even non-Muslims, are traveling in droves to Arabia to make themselves 2nd and 3rd class citizens. If they somehow make it, they get abused and held hostage as maids, worked to death as laborers, and die “mysteriously” since their whole being is practically owned by their Arab sponsors.
fukk outta here, I’m African centered. If a breh wants to become Muslim that’s they journey but don’t do it because it provides you a form of liberation that European Christianity can’t because it’s the same shyt and got the same blood on its hands.
So much knowledge in this thread.
I’m actually surprised
But what do you mean Islam
“provides you a form of liberation that European Christianity can’t”
I’m guessing you’re Ethiopian
Y’all were orthodox Christians before European Christianity was a thing.
Their pictures of Jesus and prophets are black
How does going to Islam liberate them?
Was Islam considered a “white” religion from
a East African perspective where it gave them a new non African identity? Or was it just a way to move up in society?
I’m not understanding why a Christian African would convert to Islam unless their city was conquered and forced to culturally
But I agree with you 100% Islam brought all types of identity issues to Africa which can still be seen today
I try to ask Ethiopian, Sudanese, Yemeni, etc whenever I meet them if they consider themselves black or Arab and the answers are always interesting
I was saying that to imply that for many Black folks that convert it’s with the idea that it negates the European Christianity they were raised with when it’s really just trading one hat for another. You Black first, you African first, we came before this shyt even existed. That’s my feeling on it.
As to your other questions, I don’t think Islam was anything other than another cult when it first began but once it had clout the power relationship changed. Islam and the slave trade is one of the very early examples of using culture to dehumanize Black people. Through conversion, Black people were assimilated into a wider culture which viewed Black people as luxury items to be captured. So a lot of the way we interact in modern times is influenced by these underlying negative belief systems.