Why the rings argument dont work for Bill Russell

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Ive seen a picture of Bill Russell jumping over another player to put somebodys shot against the backboard. All the :flabbynsick: fellas speak highly of him, but Chamberlain was apparently better. They went at it head to head. I wonder how much their timelines cross.
This thread sounds like a lebron fan trying to discredit the rings argument. Ive also heard robert horry brought up in these situations:sadbron:
:childplease: Too bad op is a Lakers stan:comeon:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
A Kobe stan saying a ring argument doesn’t work?:ehh:

Bet when its time to discuss :lolbron:
all of a sudden it's

Jrzgt50.gif

:mjlol:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Is Bill Russell often overrated? Definitely. I don't ever want to hear someone say he's better than Wilt who pushed Russell's Celtics to 7 games consistently with far inferior teams. Russell had a squad with 8 HoF players at once. You give Wilt just one of Heinson, Hevlicek, or Cousy, etc. and he wins 11 titles instead and goes down as the unquestionable GOAT.

That being said, let's not be disrespectful to one of the greatest defenders, leaders, and winners of all time :ufdup: Russell knew how to win basketball games unlike almost any other player in history and that's a fact. He unquestionably sacrificed his numbers for team success.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Lebron would not get past Jordan and Pippen and Rodman, sorry. Defensively they would close the lane and sweep him like the Spurs did.

^defeated your weak strawman argument.

Then, you come at me on some “who else would be able to beat the teams Lebron lost to, with the exception of 2011”

Well 2007 Spurs swept Lebron. If Im not mistaken those same Spurs were still in the Western Conference a couple years later when Kobe (without Shaq this time) went to 3 straight finals. (And in 2014 with basically the same core)

Just stop.
Oh of course I mean with the same team Lebron had:mjlol:. As in take those garbage cavs squads and just replace bron with one HOF. If Lebron has a squad of equal talent as the other team (or even a bit less 2012 okc and 2016 warriors) he'll pull it out on those garbage 2007 squad, or the 2014 with injured 2nd and third options or 2015 without kyrie or love. Or you wanna tell me kobe wins without pau gasol and artest
:russ:
Also you just admitted/agreed that Jordan played against inferior talent than now so the difference in role players alone would be huge.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If ‘rings’ don’t work for Russell, don’t ever get into how the Lakers got Magic & Worthy when Kareem was already there. It was a much different era. ‘Rings’ are for people that get their basketball knowledge from Skip Bayless.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Last edited:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Rings matter especially in ultra-competitive highly developed professional sports leagues

Who said they didn't? You missed my point completely. I'm saying the same arguments you use for certain players aren't applied to others then folks wanna switch up the argument. Titles are what you play for at the end of the day but it's a team accomplishment.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Who said they didn't? You missed my point completely. I'm saying the same arguments you use for certain players aren't applied to others then folks wanna switch up the argument. Titles are what you play for at the end of the day but it's a team accomplishment.

So then why when Lebron gets a triple double its good, but when Westbrook gets a triple double its whatever.

Is that not the same thing.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rings argument will always be dumb imo. It's a TEAM accomplishment not individual. Unless your playing tennis boxing golf or some shyt like that rings should not be a deciding factor for a player playing a team sport. I've seen great players at there position not win titles cause there team defense was trash. People love to give star players all the credit and all the blame, shyt so flawed it's not even funny.