WHY WANDA VISION COULD SPELL THE BEGINNING OF:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I'd be really surprised if this show ended anything.

Disney flew 'Star Wars' into a cliff with the last trilogy, to the point that people were :francis:, but when they came right back with Baby Yoda and damn near the whole internet was :ohhh::mindblown::ooh::banderas::blessed: On top of that, they look to have an entire TV slate that flows out of that property now.

It's not like there's been a 15/20 year layoff either. Endgame came out in 2019. People are invested in the world they built before 'Wandavision'. Reviews have been decent from what I've seen, but we'll see what time it is on Friday :yeshrug:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'd be really surprised if this show ended anything.

Disney flew 'Star Wars' into a cliff with the last trilogy, to the point that people were :francis:, but when they came right back with Baby Yoda and damn near the whole internet was :ohhh::mindblown::ooh::banderas::blessed:

It's not like there's been a 15/20 year layoff either. Endgame came out in 2019. People are invested in the world they built before 'Wandavision'. Reviews have been decent from what I've seen, but we'll see what time it is on Friday :yeshrug:

Well really the concern is not that it will end anything, but that this show will create a series of timeline and character plot fukkery that will be confusing to follow, and quite frankly, a load of crock shyt that will spiral the MCU into the same mess that the comic universe finds itself in time and time again.

But I'm mostly optimistic, they haven't let us down so I'm not gonna assume they will. Supposedly the first few eps of WandaVision are nothing crazy so we'll probably know wassup by late spring.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Well really the concern is not that it will end anything, but that this show will create a series of timeline and character plot fukkery that will be confusing to follow, and quite frankly, a load of crock shyt that will spiral the MCU into the same mess that the comic universe finds itself in time and time again.

But I'm mostly optimistic, they haven't let us down so I'm not gonna assume they will. Supposedly the first few eps of WandaVision are nothing crazy so we'll probably know wassup by late spring.

Yeah - Personally, I'm not that worried about it.

If they could manage to explain it easily enough to make an Oscar winning kids' movie out of the concept in 'Into The Spiderverse', I think they'll be able to make it manageable, especially if it's going to be the cornerstone of their next phases :yeshrug:

As far as shyt starting to get confusing - I'd be waaaay more worried about a Spider-man flick with three confirmed Spider-men and all the villains, from two different studios and the film called 'The Multiverse Of Madness' than this, though. :pachaha:

With that said - I'm personally here for them getting really weird with it :feedme:

All these comics have a fail safe 'event' for when shyt gets too out of hand, at any rate. That in itself is a bag waiting to happen.:ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah - Personally, I'm not that worried about it.

If they could manage to explain it easily enough to make an Oscar winning kids' movie out of the concept in 'Into The Spiderverse', I think they'll be able to make it manageable, especially if it's going to be the cornerstone of their next phases :yeshrug:

As far as shyt starting to get confusing - I'd be waaaay more worried about a Spider-man flick with three confirmed Spider-men and all the villains, from two different studios and the film called 'The Multiverse Of Madness' than this, though. :pachaha:

With that said - I'm personally here for them getting really weird with it :feedme:

All these comics have a fail safe 'event' for when shyt gets too out of hand, at any rate. That in itself is a bag waiting to happen.:ehh:

I agree for the most part as long as it's tasteful.

They said this directly leads into MoM and the Spider-Man fukkery so it sounds like it all starts here.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I agree for the most part as long as it's tasteful.

They said this directly leads into MoM and the Spider-Man fukkery so it sounds like it all starts here.

For sure.

From the look of the list of shows/ movies - they've put out so far pretty thoroughly mapped it out.

They have the 'What If?'' series, which I guess will get into the Multiverse. The Loki series will probably carry some of the weight for that too, they're also introducing America Chavez, who will probably end up as a pivot for whatever they try. Isn't Ant Man another Quantum Realm Movie?:patrice:

And also THE CONQUEROR, COMIN' NIKKA :ufdup:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Appreciate the knowledge @Art Barr
I'm a tourist in the comic world, but have been reading them with my kids alot recently because they want to know the real stories of the movies.
Loosely related question for you: are you saying in the books the idea of multiverse's and such was introduced through Vision?
If I'm way off my bad, we've only read a few of the obvious collections.
Well MCU Vision really isn't as all over the place compared to his comic history, but it could get weird if they revive him, which would really change up what you do with Wanda.

If he's referring to Eternals, then yeah that is a big risk film-wise. The comics couldn't ever really get it right with them, although I think the MCU might give a better platform, since they really haven't gone into the cosmic history of the MCU, but that stuff can be a bit much as well.

you both are correct.
by revisiting the vision in this wanda series. It goes to far down the rabbit hole of her powers. Which once bryne ruined the original tranquility of the west coast avengers mag. By destroying the idea of family in marvel's at the time best avengers team book. Plus ruining the idea of migration of the avengers in a different locale other than nyc. Granted locale may not mean much to the film viewer. Yet in print at the time. It limited the expansive ideals of marvel. To create a family based ideal in marvel and media which was needed. Including breaking up a home that did not need to be broken. Or even explained. As the readership was perfectly fine suspending belief.
that vision could be this real man. who could have kids but was an android. Originally the vision character was the most sound character. to the central hero like Hawkeye. similar to what fans would see on dc television with martin manhunter. to even kirk and spock. It created a print based dynamic that hit the sweet spot of the reader. Plus presented a what if version of higher quality than ironman and p'ym put together. While offering a stoic voice of reason to the other avengers. Plus the character who was a hard hitter who acts with heroic urgency. by going down the rabbit hole of this wanda series. It shakes up the same unsettling content and ideals that bryne ruined. Plus systemically in the hands of anyone after is incapable of weilding or making good of. It is the story in marvel that should have never occurred and one that should have been removed from cannon. Not continue to unravel. Till marvel no longer owns themselves. where the worst angle in marvel history is still centrally attached. to the death of the company and it's later acquisitions in print. Plus every lowbrow low quality take. or rendition to this Wanda vision content. Has still ruined marvel. As the xmen and all the titles are relaunched. Under this idea. They can use Wanda's Byrne based powers as the story catalyst to fix the marvel universe. When in reality. They should never have allowed bryne's radical change based content. into the fold of all of marvel comics. From west coast avengers being a brand new mag, experiment. Yet the readership power of that mag in grassroots appeal held weight. That bryne used from experience to possibly create and ruin marvel as well. As bryne did the same with dc. Then soon after went to make his own mags. Which imo, fail but been going on for so long. He would be the next person in line. to benefit from the superhero cinema boost in draw and finances. That real talk,...if marvel flirts with this wanda vision shyt. It can not be re-written better. Plus once you open Pandora's box. This will cause anyone who does not know marvel from the real pulse of its readership. To alienate the viewership. just like the readership. has been running for the hills since west coast avengers #42. Plus trickle down from west coast avengers to eventually every mag in marvel. That i have to ask. Why are people who never read comics and hacks. So into the idea of wanda'a powers being too powerful and used as a literary failsafe. When if anyone knows marvel frfr. Knows this is the poison in Pandora's box. That if flirted with. Leads to the actual systemic death of the entire everything attached to marvel. To this day...readership has plummets because of the missue of this wanda vision content. Which SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER BEEN INSTITUTED WHATSOEVER. so i have to ask. What makes wanda's powers and the possibilities. so interesting to noobs to marvel. That they continue. To flirt with this poison? That marvel currently with Disney has no idea how to sell comics. After continuing to allow hacks to hack away. using the wanda vision vison quest john bryne storyline. Not to mention, once bryne was exposed as needing Claremont. To create magic in principle at marvel. resulting In the number one readership. next to spidey in the industry with xmen. now after jb's vision quest and jb's Superman failed. Which both resulted in versus battles to the death of the flagship of supes in a destruction of draw cash grab. Just like marvel had to eventually cashgrab in their destruction of th draw with xmen and avengers. You would think Disney being a real art company opposite dc. would steer clear of material that ruined dc and makes warner pedestrian all together. Instead we are about to watch Disney and marvel. Make the same mistakes that ruined warner and dc. with the same creator behind it all. when marvel is not failed vertigo graphic novel models struggling with a dc logo on them originally. Before bryne came and ruined marvel with vision quest.. Plus Byrne ruined dc. So why would anyone even make material. That ruined two corporate print houses. Plus continues to keep the other largest print house from drawing well enough. Not to mention,...it feels like bryne created this shyt content. For his own ripoff brand of comics to have a alternative draw. Plus all his material is written like what if i made xmen and avengers by myself.[his entire univers of shyt sucks imo.] That also all these years later. Is the next in line for a shot at being the new mcu. Especially if you follow in this creator's content based poisonous footsteps. It just reeks and feels of disconnect. Plus corporate greed. That obviously no one has done the proper discovery on. to realize how dangerous. using this creator's content is. If not done exactly right or perfectly neutered.
now i think about it. Using bryne even over at fox. In regards to xmen. If his material is not amalgamated correctly lead to the death of two xmen film franchise. Including made the film version of Apocalypse dumb as fukk too. As the type of storytelling marvel took to was based on the same whatif now 616 universe model. That eventually came to destroy marvel. as well with the Incorrect adaptation of phoenix as well. Why are we to trust marvel gets this Wanda vision mess right. When anyone in the know,knows not to use Byrne based storylines. unless you have a complete grasp on high quality dynamic comic book storytelling. Where you are named CHRIS Claremont. Which is not found in an art school literary writing course. Nor is it found in some indie hack. Who. Was never. Really taught comics in the marvel way of creation as well. By following this bryne content. It moves marvel into danger. When we are already past this point in the mcu. That it makes no reason for us to even have wanda vision as a property or made into this thing. As MakinG a huge draw of wanda and vision. leads to the death of marvel in readership systemically even to this day. Plus opens up Pandora's box. That no one has been able to shut properly. Which leads systemically to the death of every wing of marvel. Like a poisonous wave.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For sure.

From the look of the list of shows/ movies - they've put out so far pretty thoroughly mapped it out.

They have the 'What If?'' series, which I guess will get into the Multiverse. The Loki series will probably carry some of the weight for that too, they're also introducing America Chavez, who will probably end up as a pivot for whatever they try. Isn't Ant Man another Quantum Realm Movie?:patrice:

And also THE CONQUEROR, COMIN' NIKKA :ufdup:

they should leave what if alone too.
especially since they are opening the wandavision Pandora box.
what if used to work as a mag. Before bryne'a fascination with anarchy of marvel and vision quest.

this is why company's are supposed to learn the legacy of the franchises and properties they have acquired. As Disney inherited a poisoned marvel and has no idea how to fix it. Now they are once again going doen the same rabbit hole and do not have to. The only thing that authenticates. why this wandavision vision quest storyline is beinG released and brought to film is. On paper it leads to a revenue grab for xmen vs avengers. Which signals the end of marvel as a high quality literary submission based printhoise wholeheartedly. Ehich was all spawned from bryne's visionquest. Ehich is being amalgamated in wanda vision airing in a few days.

so are we preparing for the release of Pandora's box and the jagged bitter pill of death to the mcu?

art barr

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:ehh: I didn't think you were going in this direction but I absolutely agree.

By going this route and using Witch as a "literary failsafe" as you call it, it allows guys to jump off the deep end because they already established her as an all-powerful being with powers to just reset shyt. Makes sense.

I'm going to hope they don't fukk it up but we'll see :yeshrug:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
they should leave what if alone too.
especially since they are opening the wandavision Pandora box.
what if used to work as a mag. Before bryne'a fascination with anarchy of marvel and vision quest.

this is why company's are supposed to learn the legacy of the franchises and properties they have acquired. As Disney inherited a poisoned marvel and has no idea how to fix it. Now they are once again going doen the same rabbit hole and do not have to. The only thing that authenticates. why this wandavision vision quest storyline is beinG released and brought to film is. On paper it leads to a revenue grab for xmen vs avengers. Which signals the end of marvel as a high quality literary submission based printhoise wholeheartedly. Ehich was all spawned from bryne's visionquest. Ehich is being amalgamated in wanda vision airing in a few days.

so are we preparing for the release of Pandora's box and the jagged bitter pill of death to the mcu?

art barr

I actually don't think so. They make a point to sand down the edges on some of the crazier sci-fi things. Like 'the space/time coninuum didn't fold in on itself' trope when Endgame Cap fought 2012 Cap, for example - that you might get in a different time travel flick

As far as Pandora's box in the movies - that started with Loki bouncing from 2012 with the Infinity Stone, old ass Captain America giving Sam the shield and 2014 Thanos saying " Oh word? Dudes in 2018 killed me and still talking shyt in 2023?:ohhh: Bet. :demonic:".

We're already in it.

There's a definite difference in levels of difficulty from what Lindelof did with the sci-fi elements of the 'Watchmen' TV show to what Marvel will probably try as a family friendly franchise (outside of Deadpool).

It's probably the reason they wouldn't let Scott Derickson make a straight up horror movie for the Dr. Strange sequel like he wanted to. He could have made that joint 'Ditko on acid on angel dust' - but if they need it to be a load bearing wall for the story going forward, they're kind of fukked if kids can't understand it or even go to the theatre to watch it.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
you're talking about the Avengers Disassembled story?

edit I saw what you're talking about
isn't the family you're talking about already gone? all the majors heroes are gone from the movies and they have to make new ones.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
[
Dunno, I cram to understand him most of the time. Not only does he use weird off the wall syntax dude is long-winded as hell. lol

I can tell you do not read.
you skim.

plus i know you are not successful with that for real.
as i know how to be successful from reading and knowing and learning a rubrick and brain trust. Plus i can post a person who can easily debunk you do not read as well.
you do not know this source material. As you do not read in full to know it. Plus you are lost. From not reading in full.

don't continue to let your udc base education show.

this emo display of you don't understand is because you failed to read.

if you did read. You would have hit the quote button. Then highlighted that which you did not understand.

can't fool me breh.

I know how and why you got here.

rather expertly well. As i closed to make it possible for you to eventually log in.

so complain about not reading in full to some other peanut gallery.

art barr

someone inform this nikka...this forum,...my network and tv show

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
you're talking about the Avengers Disassembled story?

edit I saw what you're talking about
isn't the family you're talking about already gone? all the majors heroes are gone from the movies and they have to make new ones.

you ain't read this shyt breh.

I know so.

stop skimming.

you would not be loggin on if i skimmed.

can't fool me.

art barr