Why Workers Without College Degrees Are Fleeing Big Cities

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
That literally makes no fukkin sense :stopitslime: that bubble has to burst at some point. I don’t even wanna live in SF (heard that shyt was dirty af and it’s some triflin ppl) and I still can’t wait.

Dont get it twisted though .. San francisco is a GORGEOUS city . Ppl that visit say it looks better in person than a picture or tv .

But I still feel you . Its only 7x7 miles big also so its starting to be cramped af also .

Uber / Lyft and Amazon drivers and hella one-way narrow streets .. make it unbearable to drive in that mofo .

El Vato

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oaktown...Bay Area
That literally makes no fukkin sense :stopitslime: that bubble has to burst at some point. I don’t even wanna live in SF (heard that shyt was dirty af and it’s some triflin ppl) and I still can’t wait.
should I break it down slowly.....i made 2 0 0 k when I worked.....t.h.a.t's n.o.t.hing in the bay....sorry can't help you out if you slow.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
should I break it down slowly.....i made 2 0 0 k when I worked.....t.h.a.t's n.o.t.hing in the bay....sorry can't help you out if you slow.

I know people making less than 70k in SF let alone the whole bay and they are either doing fine or getting by. Making 200k even supporting other people in the bay is still good as hell.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dont get it twisted though .. San francisco is a GORGEOUS city . Ppl that visit say it looks better in person than a picture or tv .

But I still feel you . Its only 7x7 miles big also so its starting to be cramped af also .

Uber / Lyft and Amazon drivers and hella one-way narrow streets .. make it unbearable to drive in that mofo .

Yea I wanna visit one day to see the hills, golden gate, etc, but I heard stories about homeless ppl shytting on the sidewalk and shyt like that :scusthov: I was talking to somebody from SF when I was in LA, and she told me some horror stories too. Combine that with the high COL, and I’d rather take my chances in LA if I got my engineering license in CA.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its aside but the california bar exam is one of the hardest and has a low pass rate lol, you'd have that obstacle its not like you can just show up there and practice law.... that example was weird
This. And with a state that already has kids from Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, and regular Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Duke and UT-Austin pouring in, unless you grew up there and your cousin is a partner at a corporate firm, you're not gaining much traction.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
The thing is that the jobs that existed in these areas aren't coming back. Before and after WWII, these cities were valuable because of their access to the ports. So there was a lot of industry. Companies shipped in tons of people, mostly white, from piss poor rural parts of the country to work for them. Affordable housing was built for them. That's all dried up now. Especially since manufacturing jobs have largely been shipped out of the country. Even before that, a lot of those jobs moved hundreds of miles away from the cities. Which by the way also helped to contribute to the decimation of black communities. This mess has been in the making for decades now and it's by design.

imo... but this is why i always say racists successfully ran out clock on us. We should've demanded reparations in the 70s-80s. We should've been had STRONG, black dollar when it relatively "easy" to get a home and business

now even middle class White people feeling the squeeze. cost of living is crazy now.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The thing is that the jobs that existed in these areas aren't coming back. Before and after WWII, these cities were valuable because of their access to the ports. So there was a lot of industry. Companies shipped in tons of people, mostly white, from piss poor rural parts of the country to work for them. Affordable housing was built for them. That's all dried up now. Especially since manufacturing jobs have largely been shipped out of the country. Even before that, a lot of those jobs moved hundreds of miles away from the cities. Which by the way also helped to contribute to the decimation of black communities. This mess has been in the making for decades now and it's by design.
Gary, Indiana and Flint, Michigan are prime examples of this. Damn near 40 years of economic decline