Why Workers Without College Degrees Are Fleeing Big Cities

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
My brother works at the head offices at Of a huge company in Minneapolis and has a CRAZY crib.

If he lived in SAN Fran or NYC he would be paying 3x as much for a fukking townhouse.

Same goes for my lil cousin in Nashville, she’s living good...

I’m watching all this from expensive ass Vancouver like :francis::mjcry:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mid sized towns that aren’t as “glamorous” but still offer a nice array of amenities should be the new wave for young middle and working class people.

Mid sized towns are GOAT, I dont understand people who wanna live in big city, crammed with millions of people. I love the quiet surbaban life

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Mid sized towns are GOAT, I dont understand people who wanna live in big city, crammed with millions of people. I love the quiet surbaban life
True

even for someone who wants to live an “urban” life they can find it in the smaller cities.

When I lived in Cincinnati I lived right around the UC campus, so I had access to all the late night food spots and shyt, and then right down the hill was “Over the Rhine” which is a party district right next to Downtown that also had restaurants and a big farmers market. MT. Adams wasn’t far which is another dope district on a big hill/mountain. I would cab to these places on the weekends and have a ball and nothing was far.

I just don’t understand why people feel there are only 3 to 4 cities worth living in, especially when those cities are SOOO overpriced.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
big cities are wild overrated I realized people just be talking a bunch of fluff when dicussing this topic even charlotte most entertainment is centered around a bar and drinking alcohol if you take that away charlotte aint about sht!

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Ppl migrating from Santa Clara / San Francisco County are just moving to cheaper parts of the Bay area or Central Valley though .

Most ppl aren't leaving the state Im sure .

Ppl are choosing to commute from these places .. and that is brutal within itself :scusthov:

We are getting closer to looking like sci-fi movies than any of us realize...IMHO.

If they can get the regulations and technology right for these VTOL craft
...it's over...very likely we willhave "pilotless flying commuters" before "driverless vehicles":wow: :wow: :wow:

Point being, people making these brutal one way commutes will be inexpensively "air commuting" from far off metro areas with cheaper housing.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
It’s fun when you’re young but as you get older, expensive major cities definitely become overrated unless you’re making north of 250K or something and living very comfortably without having to work 60+ hour work weeks.

After your 20s, mid sized cities are the move so you can actually save money and raise a family without killing yourself. Major cities break people down over time.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
It’s fun when you’re young but as you get older, expensive major cities definitely become overrated unless you’re making north of 250K or something and living very comfortably without having to work 60+ hour work weeks.

After your 20s, mid sized cities are the move so you can actually save money and raise a family without killing yourself. Major cities break people down over time.

This is facts. Im plotting my next move after LA. Paying $1500 for a basic 1bed is not tha wave:martin:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

Truth

I lived in NYC for years in my 20’s. I had MAD FUN.

But now that I have a family I couldn’t do it, I would go back to Cincinnati WAY before I would NYC.

Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I never understood clowns living somewhere they can barely afford to, when they could move to a city with a population of 200k and live more than comfortable.

I guess idiots just wanna say they live in a certain city.

Social media doesn't help either.

1. There aren’t that many college level jobs or young professionals to meet in small cities.
2. Unless you’re into single moms, good luck meeting women.
3. The only thing to do is eat fast food and go to *insert name here* Baptist church