Will Smith hated that he wasn't what Tupac was

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Will Smith's insecurities are similar to broke dudes that don't get women.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
In a weird way, I think I understand what he’s doing. He’s trying demonstrate what it truly means to be free in this society. Not trying to sound existential but imagine being in a place where you can literally say eff it and say everything that you’ve ever bottled up and share that without care of judgement. The stuff that Will is talking about is not something people don’t get or understand. We all get it. It’s just most of us wouldn’t reveal it bc of how others will judge us or how we perceive we would like to others by admitting we are envious, jealous and have failures. Most people hide their failures. Most try not to be vulnerable. Most wish they could literally shed the weight of the masks they wear every single day interacting with different groups of people. I don’t always agree with what the Smiths say but I think I understand what they are doing. They are removing all the weight that comes with being them. If you’ve watched Will for awhile from all of his interviews and his YouTube videos you could see this was germinating for awhile. All of his expectations and weight he felt to carry as a black man and the world top actor has changed as he’s grown. He’s in a place where he’s life screw what everybody else thinks. I’m gonna be me, not the version people want to see. The real me. It’s real freedom.

that’s my thoughts. Based on peoples reactions and commentary about him, you could see how society tries to box you in and even in honesty they judge you and clown your for it.

Very mature take, I kinda saw it the same way. He's pretty courageous to come out and say some shyt like this.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
E4B5gKAVgAMq1Io

waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiittt WHAT?