Y'all REALLY don't wanna get married brehs?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
No marriage for me after 30

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
ain't nobody outside the Coli takin GMB serious breh.....at least i hope not...shyt is hilarious and entertaining.....thats where it stops....
everybody makes they own moves....nobody stoppin people from gettin married if they want to....and nobody forcin people to get married either....when u know u know....:manny:

i'm bout to hit my 5th year wedding anniversary this year....i'm enjoyin myself and lookin forward to another 5+......it is what it is....:myman:
You live in a bubble in a dark cave breh. You’re out of touch. A good amount of 6 cert corporate brehs I know aren’t fukking with marriage.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I hear a lot of people say this stuff in their 20s and early 30s when they have a lot of options.

When dating becomes superficial, that well starts drying up, or women are set in their ways, by late 30s and early 40s a lot of brehs on that #GMB wave start having second thoughts. I'm in that age group and I can't tell you how many of my friends are asking my wife to find someone for a LTR or they are saying "damn, I should have married so-and-so 7 years ago"

The big issue with marriage is it is either the best or worst decision you will ever make. Very little in-between unfortunately. The problem is people get married off what makes someone good to date or fukk and that isn't what keeps it long term. Values, goals, similar financial responsibility, desire to have children, etc. are important. Of course sexual compatibility is too but it is necessary, not sufficient.

If you are so worried about your assets, write a prenup. If she loves you and isn't a gold digger, she probably will agree if it is reciprocal.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Don't bytch about "the agenda" turning our boys gay and "bedwenches" if you ain't tryna become the man your potential bride wants to marry.

The fukk you look like talmbout "Get Married Brehs" only to catch feelings cuz CODY put a ring on it?? :hhh: You don't wanna get married, remember?

I laugh at every person in here talking about generational wealth or a strong Black community if they are #GMB. Those concepts are like oil and water.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I can make the argument that a lot of kids are mentally healthier from growing up with unmarried parents. Marriage only benefits the child if both parents provide comfort, guidance and emotional support. If one parent is toxic, it’s better they’re not around them like that
Nah I don't agree with this
Out of me and my 2 younger brothers the third is the one whose dad my mom married and he's happy as shyt with the most resources for him and the easiest life, I grew up adopting my mom's self image issues and constant bouts of depression and my brother had serious attitude problems that whippings could not check at all, all these issues because my mom had to struggle to keep things in order and we didn't have that constant presence of a man in the house and what comes with it, especially for us boys

There's a specific dissonance kids get when they don't see both of their biological parents around, they are way more vulnerable than kids with both parents.v

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
There is literally no benefit to marriage for a man. And whenever you ask someone to name one, they start deflecting and calling you bitter. A man is at risk to lose most of his assets in divorce. And the divorce rate is nearly 60%. You wouldn’t take those odds in Vegas after a whole bottle of gin and a bump of coke. Any man who gets married in 2020 is a fool. I don’t know of any other way to phrase it. Outdated, antiquated institution that’s reserved for women, simps, and homosexuals :yeshrug:

Nah. You being a zealot now.
Plenty of benefits to being married.
If you can't name them, it's because you being purposefully obtuse and dense

I'm not married, but although I recognize #GMB is always going to collect wins, Get Married is still a quality institution and serves multiple purposes.

Last edited: