[5/8/24] AEW Dynamite: Copeland/Brody King, OC/Beretta, Omega Announcement, and More

King Kai

Supporter
Daps

agree-nod.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Thats cap. He was a good tnt champion. Booking just fuccked him up.

Was a three time champ in under a year or something dumb like that. But dude was hot as hell after that mjf feud. TK fumbled it.
I agree the booking wasn’t good but to me he’s just boring bell to bell, maybe the best example of an “and then the bell rings” wrestler that exists in AEW. If a wrestler can’t go in the ring they better be able to make up for it on the mic and he doesn’t do that either.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I agree the booking wasn’t good but to me he’s just boring bell to bell, maybe the best example of an “and then the bell rings” wrestler that exists in AEW. If a wrestler can’t go in the ring they better be able to make up for it on the mic and he doesn’t do that either.
Yeah….I mean I was surprised they were able to actually get him that over in the first place but its a lot of similar guys booking failed like Hobbs and Archer so it is what it is I guess.

Still think they need a hard split. Too much randomness and uncertainty between shows.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah….I mean I was surprised they were able to actually get him that over in the first place but its a lot of similar guys booking failed like Hobbs and Archer so it is what it is I guess.

Still think they need a hard split. Too much randomness and uncertainty between shows.
With 74847374 wrestlers signed that’s still not going to help much. Way too many wrestlers for the amount of tv time they have. Of course it’s impossible to get everyone on tv with regularity even with a non-bloated roster. Like a sports team, got to have backups who rarely if ever are involved week to week.

Even just doing like what WWE does and announce their stars schedules for at least a month or two out could make a big difference.

Like if someone wants to buy a ticket or only watch if Danielson is there, they can just pull up his socials and see if he’s scheduled. You may not know what he’ll be doing on the show until maybe even the day of, but you can at least know for sure Danielson will be on the show.

SRS said AEW has their top programs planned out thru the end of the year. They should have some sort of idea of when top talent is going to be on TV at this point.

Really needs to be a better job done on focusing on a core star group and these are the ones that are on tv as many weeks as possible. Everyone else is a midcarder or lower and they’ll get on TV when time allows.

Like for one example, no excuse for Ospreay not to be on TV two weeks in a row (assuming he isn’t on Collision this weekend) when he’s got a PPV title match coming up in 2.5 weeks.

One of these core stars just not working out like you had hoped? Bump them down to the midcard, find a new gimmick or creative for them if you still think they can be a star, then bump him back up if it works out. In the meantime, take your hottest midcarder and bump them up to the core star grouping. Rinse and repeat until everyone in that core star group is working out.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Where has the acclaimed been?

My biggest criticism with AEW is how when MFs lose feuds they just completely disappear. No rhyme, reason, or explanation. Just gone for weeks/months. That's what killed ALL of Wardlow's momentum. Dude is as unover now as when the company first started.
I think Joe getting those video packages and squash matches is the best AEW has done with a wrestler that lost a big match. But yeah, the "cool down a wrestler for no damn reason" continues to be one of the most puzzling booking troupes TK has. I get that Ospreay is flying in every week, but him disappearing for two weeks after being by far the most over guy in the roster, and not even have a kayfabe reason to not be there, is fukking insane.

Wardlow served his purpose 2 years ago, I'm ok with him being an afterthought. Not every wrestler warrants all the effort in the world, specially one that is as limited as Wardlow. Sometimes you get a 1-2 year run, you make the most of it and then move on :manny:

I feel like The Acclaimed are heading into that direction as well. They got hot out of nowhere after the feud with Swerve and Keith Lee and stayed over as hell for more than a year. We'll see if they are able to find new ways to make their act relevant (like The Usos and New Day have been able to do) but I think it's more likely they'll fizzle out.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I think Joe getting those video packages and squash matches is the best AEW has done with a wrestler that lost a big match. But yeah, the "cool down a wrestler for no damn reason" continues to be one of the most puzzling booking troupes TK has. I get that Ospreay is flying in every week, but him disappearing for two weeks after being by far the most over guy in the roster, and not even have a kayfabe reason to not be there, is fukking insane.

Wardlow served his purpose 2 years ago, I'm ok with him being an afterthought. Not every wrestler warrants all the effort in the world, specially one that is as limited as Wardlow. Sometimes you get a 1-2 year run, you make the most of it and then move on :manny:

I feel like The Acclaimed are heading into that direction as well. They got hot out of nowhere after the feud with Swerve and Keith Lee and stayed over as hell for more than a year. We'll see if they are able to find new ways to make their act relevant (like The Usos and New Day have been able to do) but I think it's more likely they'll fizzle out.
I’d say break up the Acclaimed once AEW has more depth in the tag scene after some injured teams get back together. There’s potential in Bowens as at least a midcard singles champ. Caster is deadweight at this point and is a HR headache waiting to happen every time he gets a live mic.