Am I a dumbass or is FL Studio hard as hell to learn?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:dwillhuh:

I got this shyt on my laptop & when I open it up it's like reading Chinese

My cousin is a producer plugged in the industry and hooked me up with mad shyt like Omnisphere and other crazy plugins and my tiny ass brain can't use any of it

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
i dont know man i used a few software before stumbling into FLstudio years back although its heavily mocked i stuck with it. very good for easy lay outs and sampling.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Any DAW is hard to learn anyway. FL being the easiest but still very difficult IMO.
I started with both Reason and FL Studio. FL was way easier. Then I tried Cubase and FL was still easier.

To me that's it's flaw. It makes everything too easy you miss out on developing skills.

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Just like anything else you need practice , at first i struggle alot but it Will become easy with time . Give it a try it's worth it

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, the main thing is understanding the flow of the DAW. First try to understand what the main windows do, how and why to access them. I know FL has a pattern window, then a song window, piano roll, main mixer, browser, etc. Break it down like that and then for each you learn how to move in them. Try to find an FL tutorial playlist on youtube. The reason i say playlist is that they will typically break it down in multiple videos in a logical order for someone trying to learn.

Also, forget all the VST's for now. Focus on understanding the program, THEN introduce VSTs in the flow

And another thing. You might be having trouble because you're on a laptop. If possible, try to plug your laptop in a large screen or dual monitors. FL gets messy with all the windows especially if you don't have much screen space.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:dwillhuh:

I got this shyt on my laptop & when I open it up it's like reading Chinese

My cousin is a producer plugged in the industry and hooked me up with mad shyt like Omnisphere and other crazy plugins and my tiny ass brain can't use any of it
any stupid question you have there is a youtube video or a forum response somewhere. google everything

you will figure it out in time.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's like breathing to me now but it's a learning curve. But there's always something new to learn even when you're advanced. I watched a dude on here's tutorial videos when I started out. DBC beats or something like that? Forgive me I don't remember your screen name but if your still here :salute:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I must be a dumbass too and I got a maschine studio I don’t know how to use

Bruh I was jamming out pretty decent, simple beats by reading the quick tutorial manual it came with. Go through that shyt and you'll be making decent shyt in an hour.

After you get comfortable, go through the regular manual to learn how to chop, use the fx, shortcuts etc etc and youll master the studio in a few weeks if your consistent.