Am I a dumbass or is FL Studio hard as hell to learn?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Bruh I was jamming out pretty decent, simple beats by reading the quick tutorial manual it came with. Go through that shyt and you'll be making decent shyt in an hour.

After you get comfortable, go through the regular manual to learn how to chop, use the fx, shortcuts etc etc and youll master the studio in a few weeks if your consistent.
That's the problem. I didn't buy FL, I don't have the manual:francis:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:jbhmm:You overthinking it.

It's like this, there's three portions to any DAW:

• Drumroll
  • Sequencer
  • Mixer
When I was doing music, it's easier for me to come up with a beat by either messing around with the sample or go straight to the drums and see where it goes. So just babystep the formula:

• Mess with the drumroll and pick a BPM to work with (Beats per minute)
  • Metronome will be your best friend
  • Try out some of the instruments and just mess with the melodies
  • Keep the sequencer to a simplistic manner: drums, melody, and bass (add additional drum patterns or a melodic sound to get a good background)
  • Focus on mixing LAST (don't stress yourself out with the finishing touches until you know what you want to cook up)
Just have fun with making music and don't overthink it. Otherwise, the shyt is going to be a slog to deal with.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, have you ever used software before and if so which one? For example, i could see it seeming complicated coming off of say Propellerhead Reason.

If this is your first time making beats period, then you should check some beginner tutorial on FL specifically in on the style of beats you want to make. For example, say you like 808 mafia type beats. Search youtube for "808 type beats FL Studio tutorial beginner" or something like that. Try to copy the styles you like at first. Doing that wikl make it like a videogame and will make you learn the software. After a while move on to different styles. Once you get a grasp of different styles and techniques, start messing around, mixing different techniques, different styles, try different experiments, before you know it, you have your own style.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't returned to it in ages, just now getting back into it and it's got a little
bit of a learning curve but there's considerably more material than back in the day
out there which teaches you how to use the software.

We could turn this into a tutorial/learning thread.
Could be dope !

Daps
This will get anyone started but obviously talent and music theory will get you further

Yeah these cacs making some cac type song but one of the best explanations out there

And yes its worth watching the whole thing, no skipping

I need to upgrade from FL10 :mjcry:

I need a crack of FL20 :wow:

Just want one of my beats to sound like Zaytoven
:mjcry:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This will get anyone started but obviously talent and music theory will get you further

Yeah these cacs making some cac type song but one of the best explanations out there

And yes its worth watching the whole thing, no skipping

I need to upgrade from FL10 :mjcry:

I need a crack of FL20 :wow:

Just want one of my beats to sound like Zaytoven
:mjcry:

upgrading from fl10 or getting a crack for fl20 isn't gonna make your beats sound like zaytoven.

fl studio, or any other daw for matter, isn't gonna make you sound like that either.

:yeshrug:

Daps
upgrading from fl10 or getting a crack for fl20 isn't gonna make your beats sound like zaytoven.

fl studio, or any other daw for matter, isn't gonna make you sound like that either.

no wait :heh: i knew that. i was just trollin'

but no, i wish i had fl 20 because i clearly see some differences in just overall design and improvements while workin in the DAW

but i told myself until i make something i personally think is hard then i aint buying 20 till i master 10

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
A BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, since I started this thread I used YT tutorials to learn the technical side of FL. I know the basics of making patterns & recording them.....

But the breakthrough was........

nikka THERE'S ALL TYPES OF LOOPS & SAMPLES AVAILABLE FOR GODDAMN FREE :mindblown:

I can literally just make beats by taking free shyt off the internet & clicking shyt together :wtf:

My chord progression is currently terrible.....hit up Looperman for the free free:wtf:

My drums fukking suck.....THEY EVEN GOT FREE DRUM PATTERNS OUT THIS bytch :wtf:

Am I bugging or is the beatmaking game this easy???

Of course I wanna learn how to make melody loope for myself & perfect my drums, but for the time being there's a big ass cheat code I can exploit

Daps
A BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, since I started this thread I used YT tutorials to learn the technical side of FL. I know the basics of making patterns & recording them.....

But the breakthrough was........

nikka THERE'S ALL TYPES OF LOOPS & SAMPLES AVAILABLE FOR GODDAMN FREE :mindblown:

I can literally just make beats by taking free shyt off the internet & clicking shyt together :wtf:

My chord progression is currently terrible.....hit up Looperman for the free free:wtf:

My drums fukking suck.....THEY EVEN GOT FREE DRUM PATTERNS OUT THIS bytch :wtf:

Am I bugging or is the beatmaking game this easy???

Of course I wanna learn how to make melody loope for myself & perfect my drums, but for the time being there's a big ass cheat code I can exploit
Yeah its honestly that easy (atleast i hear it is) but just know millions of people are doing the same thing at all kinds of levels

only the truly best stand out long time like Dre and them.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
Yeah its honestly that easy (atleast i hear it is) but just know millions of people are doing the same thing at all kinds of levels

only the truly best stand out long time like Dre and them.
I don't really care about being the next Premo :pachaha:I just wanna make fire beats & run up a bag on Beatstars

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I haven't returned to it in ages, just now getting back into it and it's got a little
bit of a learning curve but there's considerably more material than back in the day
out there which teaches you how to use the software.

We could turn this into a tutorial/learning thread.
Could be dope !
Yeah I could pick up FL studio from like 8 - 12 like riding a bike, FL 20 looks a lot different than those tho

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Relativity easy learning curve but it can be heavy sensory overload at first. Watch some of the tutorials on Youtube.