Am I a dumbass or is FL Studio hard as hell to learn?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
A BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, since I started this thread I used YT tutorials to learn the technical side of FL. I know the basics of making patterns & recording them.....

But the breakthrough was........

nikka THERE'S ALL TYPES OF LOOPS & SAMPLES AVAILABLE FOR GODDAMN FREE :mindblown:

I can literally just make beats by taking free shyt off the internet & clicking shyt together :wtf:

My chord progression is currently terrible.....hit up Looperman for the free free:wtf:

My drums fukking suck.....THEY EVEN GOT FREE DRUM PATTERNS OUT THIS bytch :wtf:

Am I bugging or is the beatmaking game this easy???

Of course I wanna learn how to make melody loope for myself & perfect my drums, but for the time being there's a big ass cheat code I can exploit

You remind me of me when I discovered Splice. :mjlol:

I made literally hundreds of songs manually before I started using loops. It helped me out a lot honestly because I now how to adjust certain things myself and I can manually do certain melodies or recreate the loops with diff instruments, etc.

Certain producers that I once thought were geniuses I no longer see that way because I oftentimes have run into that very same loop that they used :skip:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
:dwillhuh:

I got this shyt on my laptop & when I open it up it's like reading Chinese

My cousin is a producer plugged in the industry and hooked me up with mad shyt like Omnisphere and other crazy plugins and my tiny ass brain can't use any of it

FL Studio is my bytch :win:

grab a four bar drum loop, throw it into Fruity Slicer (Channels>Add one>FL Slicer, click and drag sample)
  1. Top right where it says '4 Beats,' when you drag the sample into Fruity Slicer, it'll originally be like 25 beats, drag that shyt all the way down to 4.
  2. Then right click on that button with the razor, click 'Slice To Beat'
  3. Then run the '4 Beats' up to 8. (Also, barely bring up the ATT/DEC like 10ms to clean up the chop 'clicks').
Go to piano roll, you have four chops, repeat the first two drum chops, add the other two on the 4th measure for the changeup :lawd:..

Find a 4 bar sample, Slice it the same way and play it over the drums.

Q2W3E4R5T6Y is the order of fl slicer notes when you're using just keyboard/mouse

the top row of the keyboard becomes a piano for all you 'I miss my triton's 88 keys' cats, in other words, q-w-e-r-t-y are 7 white keys, and the 23 is C#/D#, then 567 is F#/G#/Bb or the black keys. The chops get slightly lagged, so you go into piano roll to realign them.

Then you can take like four 4-bar loops, Slice each one, and then play around like that. Group all the Fruity Slicers together onto one mixer, and add filters or sidechain compress it.

that's the Zen of FL brehs, go fukkin' bananas. :cape:

I've got that shyt down to a science, je suis artiste :blessed::banderas:

But whatever you do breh, definitely don't ever download audacity and record samples from youtube to time stretch, slice, and chop. That's infringement of copyright, and we're all law abiding citizens.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
You remind me of me when I discovered Splice. :mjlol:

I made literally hundreds of songs manually before I started using loops. It helped me out a lot honestly because I now how to adjust certain things myself and I can manually do certain melodies or recreate the loops with diff instruments, etc.

Certain producers that I once thought were geniuses I no longer see that way because I oftentimes have run into that very same loop that they used :skip:
I'm still a novice lol, what does Splice do? I thought it was just a regular DAW.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
A BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, since I started this thread I used YT tutorials to learn the technical side of FL. I know the basics of making patterns & recording them.....

But the breakthrough was........

nikka THERE'S ALL TYPES OF LOOPS & SAMPLES AVAILABLE FOR GODDAMN FREE :mindblown:

I can literally just make beats by taking free shyt off the internet & clicking shyt together :wtf:

My chord progression is currently terrible.....hit up Looperman for the free free:wtf:

My drums fukking suck.....THEY EVEN GOT FREE DRUM PATTERNS OUT THIS bytch :wtf:

Am I bugging or is the beatmaking game this easy???

Of course I wanna learn how to make melody loope for myself & perfect my drums, but for the time being there's a big ass cheat code I can exploit
Breh :feedme:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
My sisters boyfriend turned me onto that shyt back in 2006. He used to chop and screw samples, gave me his CD and everything

If I would have stuck with it, I'd prolly be a legendary producer today :wow:

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Melodies I can understand but drum loops lmaoooo nah fam but I guess it go both ways. My melodies lack but I can hear something that’s incor/correct most times. Anybody needs drums laid send me the melodies please! Also what’s up with that omnisphere bruh I need that, anybody tryna share a VST please do

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
Melodies I can understand but drum loops lmaoooo nah fam but I guess it go both ways. My melodies lack but I can hear something that’s incor/correct most times. Anybody needs drums laid send me the melodies please! Also what’s up with that omnisphere bruh I need that, anybody tryna share a VST please do
drums you say??

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I got this shyt on my laptop & when I open it up it's like reading Chinese

My cousin is a producer plugged in the industry and hooked me up with mad shyt like Omnisphere and other crazy plugins and my tiny ass brain can't use any of it
I’m gonna cop a fukking midi today for my shyt. Let’s keep this bytch alive

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
You get rid of pops or clicks on samples by fixing the nodes that you end on. The points should align in the middle on beginning and end.