Apparently the Clinton Transcripts just Leaked

Aufheben

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
To be fair, as a "wall street guy," I do know more about things like regulations and what not than most people. It's because we're the one constantly navigating through the regulations or explaining the limitations to clients. Only people working with high-profile clients consistently come in contact with that shyt. Well, there are activists/ on the other side. So basically only those two types of people would know anything about that shyt. The thing is, having some highly progressive as person from Wall Street is not as likely and they are most likely going back there when they're done so they're not going to make their own lives too hard. On the flip side, the activist may not understand the business concerns. Ideally, I'd take the regulator/activist and just have them meet with the business community. It seems to be the most reasonable way. You want someone who has a good working relationship with them but someone who is not "one of them."

umm there are people who are experienced in regulation and the finance industry and aren't goldman sachs "wall street guys" or "activists".

you don't go to the people who created and continue to create financial crises and think they will fix the problem. this is like letting police departments reform themselves because police officers happen to know more about police policy than the average person

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
This basically confirms her as a liar but we already knew that, her trustworthy numbers are in the tank.

I know we got the spin team in here ready for war but this doesn't really hurt her against Trump. Had these dropped against Bernie around Feb/Mar. things would have been interesting. Her current call for free tuition ain't happening with her because her bank buddies won't let that fly.

But I and many people already have stated she's Wall Street's gal, this is a known quantity. And for the people on her saying vote for her for X reason over Trump I get that but at some point voting for Big Pharma, Wall Street, MIC sellouts are gonna keep fukking us over with platitudes and lip service. Wall Street is gonna keep destroying the economy every decade and get a slap on the wrist and a reset until we hold them nikkas accountable for their shyt. Right now we're like a mother who always gives her kid a second chance because she can't cut him off.

We'll learn eventually and obviously this ain't the year but hopefully before it's too late.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
umm there are people who are experienced in regulation and the finance industry and aren't goldman sachs "wall street guys" or "activists".

you don't go to the people who created and continue to create financial crises and think they will fix the problem. this is like letting police departments reform themselves because police officers happen to know more about police policy than the average person
No, there are not many people who are experienced in regulation or the finance industry that are not "wall street guys." You're just wrong. At some point or another they probably worked in finance and understand that mindset. When I say "wall street" guys, I mean people with experience with finance at high-level. Low level people just follow the trends anyway. When I say activists, I mean academics who have studied the topic but never practiced. There are limitations to that. A big one is a lack of understanding of the human element and how people process information or how they act in certain situations. This is why people often bring in practitioners to explain concepts or how it works every day.

Elizabeth Warren is as hard on Wall Street as anyone else and she comes from what used to be one of the titans. Elliot Spitzer was tough on Wall Street, but he was a "wall street" guy. Again, by "Wall Street" guy, I mean someone like an SEC official or an NY-DA who has relationships with most of these people. We all went to law school together, and were taught the subject matter the same way, we just took different paths. But we're not exactly from a "different cloth." These are the same people you're chilling with at bar association events.

Moreover, the police department argument is awful. No one is going to appoint the typical laymen to regulate police departments and no one is going to appoint some random activist off the street to regulate Wall Street. However, the level of complexity involved in that role is miles apart from the sophistication required to understand financial markets. Half the type the people on Wall Street themselves don't know what the fukk they're trading.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Revolving Wall Street to Washington door has to be shut. Obviously someone that was very high up in a big bank is going to have hesitations about regulating the shyt out of their friends. Get legit economists, SEC, CFPB members working on legit regulation with out the kid gloves. I'm sick of seeing the SEC settle with these clowns on Wall Street, charge them