Come Hear the Tale of My fukked Up Vacation to NY.

Daps
Flight leaving at 11:40 and OP tryna check in his bags at 11:15

joe-biden-head-shake.gif

Breh, you an amateur :mjlol:

You need to stay in AL where it's safe :ufdup:

Daps
But Traffic and parking. :damn:

I was responsible for someone catching a flight 2 weeks ago. Flight was at 5, airport with traffic would take an hour long drive. We planned to leave at 1. We wound up not leaving until 2, and I was worried, because I know how it goes with airports. I was speeding to get there, driving 90 mph. I wasn't taking no chances.

You supposed to be at the airport at LEAST 2 hours before departure time.

But with that being said, everything worked out. Make your sons confront their fear and ride at least 20 times up and down each on the escalator tho cause that sounds embarrassing :ufdup:

If my son scared of the escalator, I'm hitting him with the :hhh: and making him confront his fears. Can't no son of mine be outchea going out like that.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your oldest sounds like my son when he was that age, that lil nikka was way to excited about flying on a airplane :mjlol:

The trip part is when I took him on his first flight, one of my brothers was with me and he hates flying. A stewardess gave my son a toy plane that made a lil sound or whatever, so he turns to my brother and goes

“ look uncle chuck the plane is crashing” as he motions the toy in his hand plummeting down, I look over at my brother and he’s

KchX.gif

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Good times

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Few days ago, I posted a thread asking for some recommendations of places to hit up when I flew to NY this weekend. This was a family vacation. I posted a thread last year about the ills of taking toddlers on extended trips: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/taking-kids-on-vacation-is-the-fukking-worst.922480/

I gathered the tips from some of the parents on here so I could be more prepared. Only this time, we were flying to NY. Kids have never been on a plane. They are 3 and 4. Little boys. We were traveling to visit my wifes fam. Initially, I did not want to take the kids because I knew just from the trip to Disney last year that it was going to be a fukkING disaster. But I relented. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 11:39AM out of Hartsfield-Jackson airport in ATL. We left the crib at 7AM. I was mentally prepared or so I thought. Here is my story:

The entire drive, my eldest with all the questions. NONSTOP talking. He was excited and full of excitement.
daddy, where is the airplane?
are we there yet?
Are we in New York?
Is this New York?
I'm tired of this car
Can we get out?
I wanna get on the airplane now.

Every 5 minutes. I was prepared though. The drive was uneventful. Kids were anxious but pretty chill. Once we got to GA, we stopped for bathroom breaks and snacks. The drive was only like an 2.5hrs from Alabama to the airport with the one stop and minor traffic Accounting for GA time, we got there around 10:10AM. A little late for my liking. Here's where the fun started.

Its Friday, its Father's Day Weekend. The airport was a bloodbath. Traffic into the airport was moving at a snail's pace. Probably spent about 10 minutes driving into the actual fukking airport. Our gate was on the North side so we tried to find parking in the North Zone. It was all full to capacity, no parking spaces available. Cool, we drive around again and head to the South Zone. The sign showed there were spots available. We waited in the traffic. We got near the parking section and the sign switched from green to red. It was now full. Okay, a little annoyed. We drove around again and went to the West zone. This was the furthest out. There were many spots there obviously because it was the furthest from the airport. We hit the parking garage, unsettled and begin the journey to the airport. Its already about 11AM at this point. I tell the wife we gotta book it. I'm carrying all the luggage, she got the kids. We hustling.

It was a long fukking journey. With the heat, that walk felt like

From the parking garage, we went up one flight of stairs to reach the tram. Had to wait for that mf to get there. My son like he gotta pee. I'm like you better hold that shyt:ufdup:

Tram arrived, both my sons began to panic and try to run away from the tram. They were afraid of the loud sound. It was all unfamiliar to them. I was prepared for that. We drag them onto the tram. My oldest calmed down once he realized it was cool. My youngest was clutching his mother for life crying and whining. Whatever. From the tram, we get off and walked through this long aisle, and we hit an escalator. My kids began to panic again. They had never been on one. My wife had to pick up my youngest son because he refused to step onto it. My oldest was doing this little 2 step trying while crying trying to time his steps to get on the escalator. I had to pick his ass up and place him on the steps.
Next we hit an elevator and these are the ones with the outside view. They panicked once it started moving and when I tried to show them the outside view, they panicked even more.:dead:

fukk it. We make it to the airport. It's about 11:15. Kids can only walk so fast. We hauling ass. Flying through JetBlu. Big fukking mistake. But it was cheap. $1100 roundtrip for the 4 of us.:yeshrug:

We get to the bag check in and the lady told us we're too late. She said you have to check in your bags 40 mins prior to departure. Flight was leaving at 11:39, plus we still had to go through TSA. She said there's no way you can make it in time. My wife almost broke down. :to:
I'm like is there anything else you can do? She was like let me get my manager. A tall, bald breh with a Carribean accent comes out and explains the sitaution to me. So I'm like when's the next flight to NY? He said tomorrow. My heart sunk.

We find a seat to rest. My son is upset because he wants to get on the airplane. We didn't want to drive all the way back home and have to redo this whole thing again. It was too much. It would be pointless to only to stay in NY for a partial day only to leave early Sunday morning. fukk no.

Driving from Alabama to ATL Hartsfield-Jackson? You already fukked up :mjlol:

And try traveling with little kids on an international flight with connections only to get to the connection destination and they cancel the flight due to a hurricane and we having to spend the night in the airport lmaoo

Last edited: