Come Hear the Tale of My fukked Up Vacation to NY.

Daps
You wrote a plane crashed . I think it was a typo or I can’t read. I was like damn that’s like the worst airport experience ever !! Lol

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
I have a new found respect for parents of toddlers. I spent time with my nieces,2 and 3,and lost my MIND. Sweet kids but the constant talking,screaming,crying,nothing being good for them,attitudes,neediness,defiance was crazy. No one told be about this shyt! Stay strong breh.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My phone rings. I look at it and its my friend from the airport calling me via Instagram. She did some research and saw that there's another flight to NY leaving at 1:30PM. So I'm like :gucci: wtf you mean. They told us the next flight was tomorrow. She said our original flight was scheduled to arrive at LeGuardia airport in NY but there is one that's scheduled to arrive at JFK airport at 1:30PM. She said if you run back, you can check your bags in and get through TSA in time to make it
Bruh.

BRUH.

This has to be the absolute worst customer service I’ve ever heard of at an airport.

The first guy..the manager didn’t think to check ALL the airports in the NYC area?

:what: :why:

What fukking dumb ass doesn’t check LGA, JFK, EWR? Hell even HPN.

Even Expedia does this shyt. That has to be the stupidest motherfukker working in the airline industry.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
PART 2:

We begin making the trip all the way back across the airport with 2 tired, hungry, crying and disappointed children. We get back to the tram after going through the elevator and escalator fiasco again. My wife gets a text that says your flight has been delayed until 12:00PM. It's like 11:35AM, So I tell her, maybe they'll let us bypass. I told her to hold tight and I was gonna run all the way back to the airport. My ass took off with the acceleration of a prime Vick.

I get back in like 5 minutes and ask her if we could make it. She gets her manager again. He tells me it would still be too late. I'm like :mjcry: okay. Then I hear somebody say "Hathaway is that you"? I turn and see one of my homegirls I went to college with. (Shout out Alabama A&M). She works at the airport. I'm like yooo wassup. We hug and she's like "you have really grown. Okay Muscles and chest"!

I'm tryna downplay that shyt and I'm like Naah that's just daddy weight:myman:
I explain my situation to her and she's like damn, I'm so sorry for you. It's all good. I head back and tell my wife. She's so disappointed. We hit the tram and get near the garage. My phone rings. I look at it and its my friend from the airport calling me via Instagram. She did some research and saw that there's another flight to NY leaving at 1:30PM. So I'm like :gucci: wtf you mean. They told us the next flight was tomorrow. She said our original flight was scheduled to arrive at LeGuardia airport in NY but there is one that's scheduled to arrive at JFK airport at 1:30PM. She said if you run back, you can check your bags in and get through TSA in time to make it. I tell my wife and she lights up.:gladbron:

So we go through all this shyt again. The tram, the escalator, the elevator. Kids are traumatized and exhausted by this point. We get back to the airport. It's a bit passed noon. We got plenty of time. Check her bag in and I look for the breh that told me there were no other flights to NY and ask why weren't we informed about the flight into JFK? HE says he was only looking for flights scheduled to arrive at LeGuardia. I look at that nikka like :childplease:

We get through the bag check. Now we gotta get through TSA. Kids were apprehensive going through the metal detectors and all that shyt. but FINALLY. We get to the gate around 12:30PM. I buy some snacks and drinks for the fam and we wait. Oh you thought this shyt was over? We get a text: "Flight has been delayed until 4pm." My nikka its barely 1PM. You gotta be fukkING kidding me. My oldest son still constantly bombarding me with questions and his attitude. Wouldn't sit down. Being all loud in front of these well-mannered white people :mjpls:
I gave him his tablet and he threw it on the ground talking bout "I don't want the tablet daddy, I want the airplane"! Almost snatched his lil ass up but I kept my composure and "gently" grabbed his shoulder and whispered some real shyt to him. Didn't hear anything else from him after that. Its 2pm and we get another text that the flight was delayed until 6. At this point, I look at my wife like this shyt aint gon work ma. :francis:
She hits her fam in NY and they tell us the weather is really bad and the news is saying its some tropical storm shyt hitting NY right now. Im like wtf is going:why:

So we waiting and I'm randomly looking up plane crashes and shyt cause this shyt feels like Final Destination. I found an article about the last commercial airliner to crash in the US was in 2009. I showed my wife and she look at me like

I ended up making an executive decision and I tell her we gotta cancel this shyt. She was upset but she agreed. Went and told the attentdant to pull the bag from the plane and we got our shyt and bounced. The kids were so upset so I decided to take them to Six Flags over Georgia. They had a blast and me and the wife smashed one of them THICK ass turkey legs :ohlawd:

Word of advice breh anytime you coming to NY just make sure to look for flight info JFK and NLIA as well as a back up plan B and C..

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Driving from Alabama to ATL Hartsfield-Jackson? You already fukked up :mjlol:

And try traveling with little kids on an international flight with connections only to get to the connection destination and they cancel the flight due to a hurricane and we having to spend the night in the airport lmaoo
Only a 2 hr drive

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
NY isnt reallly a family friendly place to go in the first place

OP shudda just went to Orlando or sum
Got to agree NY is better for shopping, restaurants, and art/shows. You should probably wait until the kids are in their early teens because at least they can appreciate the views of the skyscrapers, food, and museums more. Plus it sounds like your kids might be terrified of the subway.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Make your sons confront their fear and ride at least 20 times up and down each on the escalator tho cause that sounds embarrassing :ufdup:

If my son scared of the escalator, I'm hitting him with the :hhh: and making him confront his fears. Can't no son of mine be outchea going out like that.
They are 3 and 4 nikka :heh:
Any kid will afraid of the shyt they are unfamiliar with. But we ended up riding that shyt 3 times that day and each time was less frantic than the last.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I have a new found respect for parents of toddlers. I spent time with my nieces,2 and 3,and lost my MIND. Sweet kids but the constant talking,screaming,crying,nothing being good for them,attitudes,neediness,defiance was crazy. No one told be about this shyt! Stay strong breh.
Tbh, some kids are just genuinely easy-going.

My niece was one of them.

Yeah she was still a kid so it wasn't bumpless but in comparison to others, she was a summer dream experience, as my parents always said we were.

Some people luck out with their kids while others.....suffer abject hellscapes due to them.

I just pray my goodness to my own parents reward me when I have mine.