Crime continues to drop according to Q4 crime data

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Also a bit misleading as crime has went down, but the homicide rate (which is considered a crime) has increased.
How is it misleading when we are obviously talking about overall crime? Actually nevermind not wasting my time lol. We acknowledge that it can be up in some cities.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
How is it misleading when we are obviously talking about overall crime? Actually nevermind not wasting my time lol. We acknowledge that it can be up in some cities.
You obviously didn't read the article before you posted as it literally referred to murder rates decreasing, but the city of Memphis would say otherwise. That should be included as the murder rate is actually up in some places.

That's why I told you before in that inflation thread that numbers don't tell the entire story.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
"As NBC News previously reported, the drop in crime does not appear to be well understood by large majorities of Americans, according to polls. A Gallup poll in December found that 77% of Americans believe crime rates are worsening.

“The perception doesn’t match the actuality in a lot of places because people are bad at perceiving risk,” Asher said, adding that both traditional and social media tend to spotlight violence and disorder.

Roman noted that it’s been since 2001 that a majority of Americans have continued to believe their communities are becoming more dangerous, even as crime was dropping.

Roman also pointed out that “there is definitely more disorder in cities than there was five years ago. I don’t think that’s up for dispute.”

However, he said, "People confuse disorder and crime, so the presence of a lot of disorder can signal to regular folks that they are in a dangerous place, when they aren’t necessarily in a dangerous place.”

Hopefully this influences some posters to stop or decrease their tendency to exaggerate large scale problems by engaging in the narrative fallacy/anecdotal evidence.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Encouraging news. Article points to enforcement of laws and locking up criminals as driving the drop.

Meaning, "One guy said that without any evidence supporting his claim."

I in fact agree that laws should be enforced and there should be consequences for criminality. But let's not pretend there was actually the slightest evidence in this article to support any of that.

The hardcore criminal element is who they are, who they always will be. Preventative methods, programs, etc are for other segments that might make mistakes or think they have to resort to crime, but hardcore element can only be stopped by jailing them.

What are you basing those grand claims on?

We've established in the past that you have no experience in this field nor have you done any serious study. You just say shyt that you believe under the appearance of authority, but in reality it's no more informed than any other poster.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
I’m not a statistician aka a nerd. But I believe homelessness has little to no effect on crime stats like that. Homeless people really not the main criminals and the crime they do is mostly petty crime.
I actually completely disagree, I feel like if homelessness was cut then crime would go down significantly.
Nobody cares, Garak. :beli:
You stay saying sus shyt but you called me a cac for going at that fagggit c00n Majors just cus he had some little wake up call off some fukk shyt :ufdup:

You move funny g.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well thats what happens when you decriminalize and unprioratize certain acts. Crimina/Former Criminall activity is way up. Criminal complaints and arrests are probably down.

Goddamn, so you're a reactionary idiot in this forum too? It's not at all tough to imagine what you look like now.

No, "decriminalizing certain acts" is not the direct source of any movement in the national crime stats whatsoever. There wasn't a single crime that was suddenly decriminalized across the country in any meaningful way in 2023.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
You obviously didn't read the article before you posted as it literally referred to murder rates decreasing, but the city of Memphis would say otherwise. That should be included as the murder rate is actually up in some places.

That's why I told you before in that inflation thread that numbers don't tell the entire story.
The article wasn't just referring to the murder rate. That was one of the statistics it was referring to. What the fukk are you talking about?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The article wasn't just referring to the murder rate. That was one of the statistics it was referring to. What the fukk are you talking about?
It’s considered part of the stat and article you posted is it not? Memphis would say otherwise to that particular stat.

You stay posting these articles that don’t tell the entire story and get defensive when someone pokes holes in it :mjlol:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I actually completely disagree, I feel like if homelessness was cut then crime would go down significantly.

You stay saying sus shyt but you called me a cac for going at that fagggit c00n Majors just cus he had some little wake up call off some fukk shyt :ufdup:

You move funny g.

How, if it’s not homeless people who committing the most serious crimes? Most homeless crimes stem from some type of addiction and will mostly be petty in nature. People that are out here murdering folks and selling hard drugs and shyt like that typically are not homeless. Homeless folks panhandling, breaking into cars, trespassing and shyt like that, not terrorizing the streets

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
It’s considered part of the stat and article you posted is it not? Memphis would say otherwise to that particular stat.

You stay posting these articles that don’t tell the entire story and get defensive when someone pokes holes in it :mjlol:
Dude I literally agreed with you about Memphis and acknowledged that it obviously may not be the case in every city. I also said that crime rates are up in Memphis for the year, but are down for Q4.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Dude I literally agreed with you about Memphis and acknowledged that it obviously may not be the case in every city. I also said that crime rates are up in Memphis for the year, but are down for Q4.
And all I said that the article is misleading and should include those important details like the one you or someone else posted a while ago that stated it wasn’t the case in every city instead of making it seem like it’s down everywhere.