BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
This is misleading
A large amount of cites recently broke their all time homicide records.

So cities having less homicides than their ALL TIME record doesn’t really mean much. It’s still much higher than it was 10 years ago

For example the article is saying homicide is down 12%

If a city gets 300 homicides. Down 12% means instead of 300 they only got around 265 last year. Yes on paper that’s an improvement however it is still leaving out that 10 years ago that city only had 190-200 homicides a year

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
source.gif

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Damn, the 60s were safe as hell.

Less street drugs and less guns. Even if you got stabbed or beat down you didn't die. And 9 times out of ten a fist fight wasn't reported to the police. My parents and uncles would tell me about all sorts of shyt that went down in the hood in the 60's and early 70's But if no one was hurt or seriously injured, why call the people?

Crack REALLY did a number on America. Too bad a lot of these numbers track with people becoming fukking TikTok zombies.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is misleading
A large amount of cites recently broke their all time homicide records.

So cities having less homicides than their ALL TIME record doesn’t really mean much. It’s still much higher than it was 10 years ago

For example the article is saying homicide is down 12%

If a city gets 300 homicides. Down 12% means instead of 300 they only got around 265 last year. Yes on paper that’s an improvement however it is still leaving out that 10 years ago that city only had 190-200 homicides a year

Depends. I know Detroit is experiencing a 60 year violent crime & Homicide low. LA is experience major lows as well as NYC.

I don't have the numbers on property crimes, but I'd much rather that than people killing eachother.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Depends. I know Detroit is experiencing a 60 year violent crime & Homicide low. LA is experience major lows as well as NYC.

I don't have the numbers on property crimes, but I'd much rather that than people killing eachother.
Yea but those are 3 cities bro

And neither one of those are the cities in question that broke their all time
Homicide records recently

Cities that did:

Baltimore
Philly
Louisville
Charlotte
Milwaukee
Indianapolis
Baton Rouge
Memphis
Jackson Mississippi
Albuquerque nm
Las Vegas I believe
Austin tx
Kansss city mo I believe
Tulsa ok

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

The property crimes are bad too. All that shyt creates trauma

Y’all don’t get it

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

You can’t use Detroit its a city that has a historical high crime rate. Detroit had 309 murders last year

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully wages go up too :mjcry:
Wages have gone up. Inflation is reaching normal levels yet service (fast food, Door Dash, groceries) prices remain elevated as employers raise pay for lower wage workers and pass the cost onto consumers. Go to a fast food joint and peep the $17-18/hr signs outside. People got the higher wages they wanted and then complained when prices slightly went up. Flip side, white collar job pay rates haven't raised much.

Just like with crime we're seeing a battle between perception and reality. Elon pimps crime content on social media all day, right wingers constantly talk about it on TV and people suddenly believe we're in a crime panic. Same with wage growth, same with inflation (which is at 3.2% right now, not far from the 2% normative rate).