Gen Z Can’t Afford the Rent

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Stop spending frivolously frontin for social media and get a real

2d381849-a613-4db4-87fe-759d81293d3a_text.gif

:pachaha:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
You gotta be Gen X or something because you seem very much detached to the realities that millennials and younger generations face. My first apartment as an adult was a 1 bedroom & was less than 700 a month. In Charlotte. I was making like $20 an hour. This was more than a decade ago. But apparently some companies still want ppl working for the dub and less… but good luck finding a one bedroom for less than 1200 or a 2 bedroom less than 1600
Sorry, all that sounds like excuses.

If one job doesn't pay enough, get another that will, or, get a side-hustle.

That entire paragraph is nothing more than....

crying-baby.gif

The 'realities' haven't changed, but Gen-Z thinks they should be treated different and are more concerned with what bathrooms they can/can't use.​

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Millennials are sort of in this boat too.

Well exactly…

Yet we’ve got wannabe boomers in here acting as if shyt is sweet. Even you homeowners aren’t as safe as you think.

Homeownership and being a Landlord is something that is being stripped away from the working & middle class.

Neither generation created this mess and if you look at any graph, people will realise this isn’t about holidays or spending because the entry point is too high regardless.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Stop paying these landlords and their absurd prices for mid apartments. If ya parents are okay with it and you're saving money, go for it.
I read somewhere that these new apartments are so expensive but cheaply built that they don’t have to fill up capacity in order to make a profit. I read it on thecoli tho so it’s prolly 100% false.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Sad part is there are plenty of homes. Most people just drive by abandoned or dilapidated homes that could be fixed up. The government could pay to fix up and sell them.

Just like with most things, everyone is just chasing the newest build homes just because, even though a lot of them are crappy built subdivisions
In England.

First Homes scheme: discounts for first-time buyers​

If you’re a first-time buyer, you may be able buy a home for 30% to 50% less than its market value. This offer is called the First Homes scheme.
The home can be:
  • a new home built by a developer
  • a home you buy from someone else who originally bought it as part of the scheme
The First Homes scheme is only available in England.

I'm guessing that similar schemes exist elsewhere in the world. This isn't a matter of young people setting their sights too high. They are pushed into a particular direction.

You can even look at how against work from home these corporations are. Pretty much snuffed out the idea of people looking to buy their home in a remote area.