™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Are y'all really acting like these are Gen Z specific behavioral traits :comeon:
It is. Millennials will at least call out and tell you they won't be there. Gen X doesn't disappear and will bring a doctor's note if they aren't gonna show. Gen Z is literally the only people who just disappear and then act confused why anyone has an issue with it.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
I have attendance problems with people of all ages, but it's usually different reasons/excuses. The 50+ workers have monthly doctors appointments and try to act like they need to take the entire day off for a simple checkup. which is bs because 1) you in an out in max 2 hours. and 2) they can schedule these things outside of work hours if they wanted. Most of them family doctors practice on saturdays.

The 30 to 40 somethings often miss days because they have sick kids. I understand this one the most because you can just leave a sick kid at home all day by themselves.

both of those excuses however are more acceptable than a 20 something needing a mental health retreat for an extended period of time.
Millennials are the OG mental health day advocates. That became a thing I normally saw around 2012 when the oldest Gen Zers were still in high school.:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Their creativity is taxed by maintaining online personas - I rarely see GenZ developing or creating or building businesses with a hustler's mindset.

I think that Millennials kinda got GenZ Jaded on starting businesses (Millenials are OD with creating brands/companies) - as many GenZ don't want to be in charge of anything. They just want to do the bare minimum and get paid maximum for it.

GenZ tends to be more problematic when it comes to culture. They don't adapt well to challenges and often blame shift and play victim when they are held accountable to give the same consideration to other people's culture as they would like for their own.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
It is. Millennials will at least call out and tell you they won't be there. Gen X doesn't disappear and will bring a doctor's note if they aren't gonna show. Gen Z is literally the only people who just disappear and then act confused why anyone has an issue with it.
Y'all tweaking. We can probably look through thecoli and find all kinds of millennials making topics about flaking off jobs. :russ:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
We're not celebrating a generation being excluded from the workforce:hhh:
Gen Z lacks work ethic and for good reason, they e worked and worked and have zero to show for it in terms of social mobility so they’ve given up and are coasting. I let them cook, but they won’t be building anything that resembles wealth in the meantime :ufdup:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I teach some Gen Z-ers and, despite the heavy usage of social media and attentiveness to social issues, them youngins have limited social skills. I want more for 'em, b.:wow:
Same for me at my job. These Z-ers have almost no social skills or vocal about anything. They gotta get from behind them screens and learn to look people in the eye or just speak up when being spoken to.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Y'all tweaking. We can probably look through thecoli and find all kinds of millennials making topics about flaking off jobs. :russ:
Right because thecoli is gonna trump what we deal with on an everyday basis. Obviously it's a general conversation.

:pachaha:

It's giving...you're gonna need a mental health day from this thread if you keep on like this.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Right because thecoli is gonna trump what we deal with on an everyday basis. Obviously it's a general conversation.

:pachaha:

It's giving...you're gonna need a mental health day from this thread if you keep on like this.
I said thecoli because it's a neutral point of reference as we can anecdotally say whatever we want to fit whatever point we're trying to make.

What y'all paying them kids in those jobs you're claiming they're flaking on? That'll explain everything :mjlol:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Millennials are the OG mental health day advocates. That became a thing I normally saw around 2012 when the oldest Gen Zers were still in high school.:mjlol:
Naw, Millennials only did that if they genuinely believed they had mental health problems. Gen Z be reaching hard af with indirect trauma. and making it about themselves
Be on some; My sister's best friend had a miscarriage. I need to take time of work

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Naw, Millennials only did that if they genuinely believed they had mental health problems. Gen Z be reaching hard af with indirect trauma.
Be on some; My sister's best friend had a miscarriage. I need to take time of work
Bruh I promise you folks were saying the same things about Millennials and our mental health days as you're saying about Gen Z. I'm seeing word for word the talking points that was said to me about my generation when I first got into the work force. shyt crazy.:wow:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Tons of Gen Z at my job. They really do need "mental health days." Which always makes me chuckle. Just call out. I don’t need to hear how you can’t handle basic life circumstances.

Somethings I personally noticed about them demographic in general:

Zero problem solving skills. They go into a manic frenzy when something goes slightly wrong or completely shut down. You basically have to tell them every little thing and their ability to apply information is very limited.

Most have very limited social skills and their communicatie is trash especially when it comes to writing. However most are chill and to themselves which is good for me.
Yoooo this right here. They call out every few weeks talking about "mental health day" .They act like they are 2 miles underground chucking coal for a living. Niqqa you in a lab with AC, doing the least amount of work on a Macbook. You have YouTube on one screen, coffee in one hand and get to walk around. Someone ask you one question and you fall to pieces.

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I said thecoli because it's a neutral point of reference as we can anecdotally say whatever we want to fit whatever point we're trying to make.

What y'all paying them kids in those jobs you're claiming their flaking on? That'll explain everything :mjlol:
Respectfully, we are sharing what we observed in the work place. We don't need a neutral point of reference to make you feel better about our experiences.

You don't need to agree. Gen Z flakiness makes it extremely easy for us to maintain our jobs and maximize our income because we look like super stars compared Gen Z.

I literally have no problem with Gen z's behavior. It's not me who is limiting my income. It's not be who can't get what I want because I lack social skills. It's not me who has all these mental health issues.

There are literally 4 different people who hold some type of authority sharing their experiences in this thread which are all similar. If we're wrong cool. I'll happily keep working from home while telling these folks "the keys are in the cabinet" because they refuse to try or care or look in the see-through cabinet. It's all good.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Respectfully, we are sharing what we observed in the work place. We don't need a neutral point of reference to make you feel better about our experiences.

You don't need to agree. Gen Z flakiness makes it extremely easy for us to maintain our jobs and maximize our income because we look like super stars compared Gen Z.

I literally have no problem with Gen z's behavior. It's not me who is limiting my income. It's not be who can't get what I want because I lack social skills. It's not me who has all these mental health issues.

There are literally 4 different people who hold some type of authority sharing their experiences in this thread which are all similar. If we're wrong cool. I'll happily keep working from home while telling these folks "the keys are in the cabinet" because they refuse to try or care or look in the see-through cabinet. It's all good.
I saw you completely sidestep the salary question, because I promise what you're paying those kids will tell people everything they need to know about your anecdote. I don't have any issues at all conversing and being social with any of my six figure Gen Z coworkers and I don't see anything that's different with that specific group. They work hard, are pleasant to be around, are willing learners and some are even already married. Kind of like every other generational group of high earners.

I'd wager if we looked at the income levels of the group of Gen Z workers you're around and compared their behavioral traits with Gen X and Millennials in the same income brackets at the same ages there won't be much difference.

But do keep in mind Millennials were probably making within 10% of that same money in 2009 acting that way.
:sas2:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
A lot of Gen Z workers at my job are Black females and they be puttin' in work. Not lazy at all.

We got a pedo on the job who is either an older gen x or younger boomer, and he is lazy as fukk.

I'm a younger gen x, and I am not lazy, but I'm not Diddy-Meekin' my back for them folks lol