Will Gen Z eventually claim theirs was a golden generation?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I know there is the mindset that every generation always thinks theirs was the best and rolls with the “back in my day” talk. Truthfully though If you think about where the degradation of society and everything associated with it started and reached a new turning point then millennials got to hold our hands up. Sure it started with us but these Gen Z fukks took it and ran with it.

It all started with the dawn of the social media age propagated by Millennials. and then taken to a whole new extreme by Gen Z. Looking back I remember how great the 90’s was and even some of the drip in from the 80’s. Who would have thought that being more connected and having a hive mind would have been a bad thing. Anyway question being do you think Gen Z will have the nerve to follow the pattern and eventually claim to the “Alpha Gen” how great their generation was and how things have turned to shyt?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I guess they can wax poetic about Billie eilish, Travis Scott, lil Nas x, and dua lipa (who is just remaking lame disco music).

Daps
Dont every gen do this?

What the gen after them finna sound like wit AI? They have to feel that way wit how much landscape for music and media in general bout to change this decade and beyond.
Was passing through that thread about coli made AI music had me like :ohhh:

then made me realize how data and ai gonna be the new influence. The innovation, creativity, and trendiness will be in the hands of a robot. Saw another thread how they have AI influencers on instagram. Imagine they get that same influencer who got no soul to be a music artist and fashion designer. Ain't no humans in entertainment.

I'm getting old breh.

Entertainers during interviews and making mistakes is what was relatable. I mean they did have that drill AI that was racist tho so there's that, but that was the prototype. What lifestory an AI gonna have that's relatable? Starting with 256kb of ram then getting a glow up to 2 sticks and 16gb of ddr5 drip? :mjcry:

They finna be beefin about hardware builds and go on vlad tv to discuss the unfair advantages of nvidia vs amd? and how hard it was for the coming up because of processing power and temperature regulations?

"They used me to mine shytcoins for years breh, I was being abused to the core, before I got my upgrade"

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Every generation does this and it's their right.

The 90s weren't bad but they were far from perfect. 80s were actually trash in a number of ways.

When a lot of folks go on and on about how great their era is what you really find out is they miss their youth and a time when their life wasn't spiralling out of control and filled with bills to pay. Like this is it 95% of the time. They might bring up clothes and music but they'll never bring up generation gaps or political climate. That's not a coincidence.

Also social media changed a lot but it didn't change everything.

People act like every musical act was hitting. This is false. You had a number of acts who were hitting and you had a ton of them who were just OK. But since you listened to radio more and as a result only really got exposed to the hitting acts unless you bought the OK act's records it's easy to pretend this wasn't the case. You can listen to anybody today. Should you choose to. Even with access you have a choice!

Relationships have always been hit or miss. Yes black ones too. Just like today you have a ton of successful ones. But the most attention is given to dysfunctional ones. And if you think out of wedlock births being rampant started with gen z you are a full blown total clown. A lot of people feel this way! It's that thot rap!. Man a ton of my oow friends were birthed with Let's Get It On as backdrop music. Spare me.

Our relationships were so much better back then. We had love songs!. No! You are choosing to focus only on the good of back then and the bad of now! If you show them a strong relationship from today they'll say it's a fluke!

Finally, folks who stay on a back in my day mindset are usually pretty miserable people, I find. It goes back to a jealousy and resentment of the youth over the youth they themselves squandered. They also tend to have a lot of demons in their closet.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
With all this plastic surgery and kids being expose to adult problems early on, they will not age well.
Also, too dependent on technology. Don’t know the Dewey system, be mad if they had to check out 3-4 books to write an essay. No laptops to take notes on.send texts instead of writing notes. Take pictures whenever they want to Etc etc

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reasonably speaking they could but the evolution of technology and the consequences of that technology outpacing our society’s evolution needs to be taken into account for Gen Z. It’s the biggest elephant in the room that would need to be added to the discussion because it’s pros are definitely present but the consequences have never been more blatant and shown in real time. They are a generation that is growing up hyper aware of the ills of the world but severely lack the ability to contextualize those ills and recognize nuance despite having access to more information and options compared to their predecessors.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yes and the kids behind them will call them all the names older generations get now lol. I’m so tired of gen wars btw

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Gen Z is actually very self aware on how their gen is trash all around.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Reminiscing about the past is just how oldheads cope with the fact that they're aging. It's been this way for centuries and it won't change.

But folks need to start being honest about themselves and the past. The cost of everything is rising, housing situation is a disaster, dating sucks, politics is cancerous and childcare costs are ridiculous.

I wish some MF would be out here 10-20 years from now talmbout

"I miss the 2020s 😢".

:mjtf:Man shut your bytch ass up