JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Tons of Gen Z at my job. They really do need "mental health days." Which always makes me chuckle. Just call out. I don’t need to hear how you can’t handle basic life circumstances.

Somethings I personally noticed about them demographic in general:

Zero problem solving skills. They go into a manic frenzy when something goes slightly wrong or completely shut down. You basically have to tell them every little thing and their ability to apply information is very limited.

Most have very limited social skills and their communicatie is trash especially when it comes to writing. However most are chill and to themselves which is good for me.
Admitting you have mental health issues is a big part of Gen Z's culture. I guess we're more vocal about it when talking about dealing with the stress of life and open about taking days off because of it.

My generation is more aware of anxiety and it plays out by shutting down when it's gets overwhelming. This is not to say that we can't solve problems on our own when push comes to shove. More awareness of anxiety leads to people who suffer from it to focus on shutting down as a first response instead of other solutions.

As for lack of communication, if you grow up with the Internet you're going to have slightly different ways to communicate yourself than what's traditional. And since the Internet is more solitary, you're going to be shyer and more indirect. Which isn't a bad thing inherently. If you're not talkative, then you're not talkative. Not to mention that Gen Z are more likely to be diagnosed with autism in which social anxiety and poor social skills is a key feature of. And since autism and neurodivergence in general is more accepted in today's society - there's less of a need to conform to social skills rules and essentially be forced to learn social skills as with older autistic people.

Being chill and sticking to yourself is a common trait with us, so I got to give it to you on that one. Most Gen Z aren't Karens or huge social butterflies and I doubt that'll that'll carry on when Gen Alpha becomes working-age.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I try to hire Gen Z people in my accounting dept. They always end up leaving on some bs and trying to come back like its all good.

on some; one of my distant cousins died. I need to quit, and take some time for self reflection.
Months later...Hey is it cool if i have my job back?
:gucci:we hired somebody else.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that sucks, but it's hard to get in the door for every generation especially with unrealistic experience expectations a lot of jobs have just for entry level positions.

it doesn't help that their cohorts are actively on social media spreading a message that they don't want to work and that working is sucker shyt.

good luck with that.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As weird as they might be, I kinda feel for Gen Z

Grew up with widespread internet, social media, overstimulation and excess information. Then Trump (or populism wherever you live) and COVID happen and the world is suddenly a very different place. They didn't ask for this

I work with a number of them, and they seem fine at their jobs. Just a bit weird socially

Hopefully the next gen has a better go at it

Yzak

All Star
Daps
One thing I'll say is Gen Z ain't a bunch of cucks when it comes to bowing down to their bosses.

We had so many of them just walk out in the middle of the day/night if they felt like they weren't being treated fairly. It sucks to cover the work, but it's inspiring to see

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Admitting you have mental health issues is a big part of Gen Z's culture. I guess we're more vocal about it when talking about dealing with the stress of life and open about taking days off because of it.

My generation is more aware of anxiety and it plays out by shutting down when it's gets overwhelming. This is not to say that we can't solve problems on our own when push comes to shove. More awareness of anxiety leads to people who suffer from it to focus on shutting down as a first response instead of other solutions.

As for lack of communication, if you grow up with the Internet you're going to have slightly different ways to communicate yourself than what's traditional. And since the Internet is more solitary, you're going to be shyer and more indirect. Which isn't a bad thing inherently. If you're not talkative, then you're not talkative. Not to mention that Gen Z are more likely to be diagnosed with autism in which social anxiety and poor social skills is a key feature of. And since autism and neurodivergence in general is more accepted in today's society - there's less of a need to conform to social skills rules and essentially be forced to learn social skills as with older autistic people.

Being chill and sticking to yourself is a common trait with us, so I got to give it to you on that one. Most Gen Z aren't Karens or huge social butterflies and I doubt that'll that'll carry on when Gen Alpha becomes working-age.
You are definitely Gen Z. Lol

Breh I literally manage these people. You don't need to manplan the circumstances or people I deal with on a daily basis to me. We make a lot of accommodations for everyone. Your "mental health" days are fine but it's the attempt to garner symptoms with the over sharing and wanting to be treated special while simultaneously having no sympathy for others.

Ya'll (general) are so self involved that ya'll literally don't know how to apply the same treatment you feel so entitled to to others.

And you can excuse the inability to apply information to solve problems but if it's not there it's not there. I literally solve the most basic common sense problems for these people every single day. Once a guy told me his paycheck was wrong. I asked him how it was wrong. He said he didn't know, it just didn't seem right. I asked him what did he see on his paycheck. He said he didn't look at his paycheck. I told him too look at his paycheck and get back to me. This grown ass 24 y/o man after a long pause looked me dead in my face ans told me he would get his mom to look at it instead. No he is not autistic and has no disability.

Yeah I agree with the communication skill but what you fail to understand is that inability to communicate literally makes it easy to take advantage of you (general). Especially when that inability turns into a tantrum via frustration. If you knew how much passive aggressive tweeter finger book length text messages we have to deal with that could been solved with a 2 minute conversation you might be shocked. shyt it annoying and makes us not take you (general) serious.

And then the same person who can't solve problems and can't communicate wants a promotion and more responsibility. Imagine someone that frail having to deal with 60+ different people just like them.

:mjlol:...and then if they actually get the responsibility they just stop showing up because they literally can't do the job...then of course it's everyone's fault but theirs.

Gen Z is going to be a very stagnant generation if they can't get their shyt together because you literally can't depend on them for shyt.

But they are chill for the most part. I'll give you that.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The author is Gen Z. :mjlol:
The ppl she was speaking of using has discrimination were not GenZ though. She was speaking on what was researched. Not of her personal opinions of her own generation. The old heads are the ones doing the hiring and using prejudiced notions about an entire generation of new workers

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I try to hire Gen Z people in my accounting dept. They always end up leaving on some bs and trying to come back like its all good.

on some; one of my distant cousins died. I need to quit, and take some time for self reflection.
Months later...Hey is it cool if i have my job back?
:gucci:we hired somebody else.
They do this same shyt to us too. Won't show up for 2 weeks and then ask why they aren't on the schedule

:dead:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Are y'all really acting like these are Gen Z specific behavioral traits :comeon:
I have attendance problems with people of all ages, but it's usually different reasons/excuses. The 50+ workers have monthly doctors appointments and try to act like they need to take the entire day off for a simple checkup. which is bs because 1) you in an out in max 2 hours. and 2) they can schedule these things outside of work hours if they wanted. Most of them family doctors practice on saturdays.

The 30 to 40 somethings often miss days because they have sick kids. I understand this one the most because you can't just leave a sick kid at home all day by themselves. but some of them could try a little harder to prevent kids from getting sick, I overhear them arguing against flu shots and vaccines. and no surprise their child brings home diseases whenever the weather drops below 40

both of those excuses however are more acceptable than a 20 something needing a mental health retreat for an extended period of time.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Folks in here talking bad about Gen Z and mental health days when Millennials are the ones who made those pop off. Nothing being said in this thread wasn't being said about Millennials when we were in our early 20's. This shyt hilarious to watch :russ: