Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
usa be like ...
POXKxDx.png

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
:gucci:Did nikkas just never left their hometowns or what???

Not even Mexico or Canada???

Yeah international travel laws were probably a bit looser back then but it been a requirement to have a passport when leaving the US since 1941

It just doesn't compute
CACanada.

Fake "c*ntry" Understand why you would travel to real countries

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Traveling was kinda expensive back than
You literally had to go thru travel agents
Expensive as fukk.. Wasn't a lot of competition.. Wasn't any low price websites for any of it, cause there was no internet. So you couldn't even go online and SEE a pic of brazil. You literally had to go to a library or some shyt to read about why you'd want to spend $5000 to go

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Aww small baby. Yeah you don't even understand what america is(was) because you didnt experience before 9/11 or life without cellphones. It was a completely different world.
These the nikkas with the loudest opinion on shyt though nikkas who never seen the world Pre 9/11 realize that these muthafukks will be running the country one day and realize the dire situation we are in

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Dont quote me on this

but I believe you didnt need a passport except for international flights (plus proof of vaccinations :lolbron: )

i could be wrong but I believe air travel has gone up a tremendous amount since then as well as a whole

more people drove then. Gas was $1 :manny: could drive to LA or Vegas on like $20 from SF :manny:

now you get spammed with $60 flights from southwest every morning if you book far enough in advance, which is cheaper than driving at that point and way more convenient/less time consuming

plus as others mentioned , 9/11

not just passport wise, vacation as a whole was different prior to social media even in the 90s. Families had no issue staying at Motel 6, Holiday Inn or Resident inns. Now you tell someone youre staying there you might as well tell them you smoking crack as well. Stigmas a mafukka in this day and age

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
These the nikkas with the loudest opinion on shyt though nikkas who never seen the world Pre 9/11 realize that these muthafukks will be running the country one day and realize the dire situation we are in
We already know the situation dire

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Passport shaming wasn't a thing yet since the lines between the haves and have nots were more clearly defined.
Also a good chunk of those is likely dual-nationals and naturalized citizens. :skip:
I think IG played a big role in the new travel craze among avg. people. It’s become a status symbol like a Benz or watch. And a really cheap one at that.

There wasn’t really a way to Telegraph your foreign endeavors when people still had pagers and email was futuristic