The most street respected city in California after LA is....

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
2nd most respected city after LA is Oakland hands down. "The Town", the Bay Bridge, East O, West O, home of the Raiders, Lake Merritt, home of the Black Panthers, mackin, pimpin', Short, Pac, Digital, Hammer, Heiro, EnVouge, Tower of Power, E40 and The Click, The Warriors, etc. come on now. I'm a Fresno native but The O was always stronghold mecca for all things black folks and California in general.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
2nd most respected city after LA is Oakland hands down. "The Town", the Bay Bridge, East O, West O, home of the Raiders, Lake Merritt, home of the Black Panthers, mackin, pimpin', Short, Pac, Digital, Hammer, Heiro, EnVouge, Tower of Power, E40 and The Click, The Warriors, etc. come on now. I'm a Fresno native but The O was always stronghold mecca for all things black folks and California in general.

none of what your mentioning is what OP is talking about

on a street level currently, Sac town is going as hard as any city in LA right now and it's not much of a secret anymore. It's all debatable i guess but OP is not far off. This isn't about what city is more culturally relevant.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
none of what your mentioning is what OP is talking about

on a street level currently, Sac town is going as hard as any city in LA right now and it's not much of a secret anymore. It's all debatable i guess but OP is not far off. This isn't about what city is more culturally relevant.
No we're talking influence, culture, and history. I know Oakland has its shortcomings and Sac more than likely is the better option housing wise and is on the rise as a city. I'm not debating that at all, but we can't erase history and a long standing influence on the state and the rest of America. I'm from the Central Valley and a life long Californian, we loved Oakland and the Bay growing up. That's no slight on Sac. The thread title says "The 2nd most street respected city in the state" anyways

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
if you talking about name recognition
its going to be Oakland.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
No we're talking influence, culture, and history. I know Oakland has its shortcomings and Sac more than likely is the better option housing wise and is on the rise as a city. I'm not debating that at all, but we can't erase history and a long standing influence on the state and the rest of America. I'm from the Central Valley and a life long Californian, we loved Oakland and the Bay growing up. That's no slight on Sac. The thread title says "The 2nd most street respected city in the state" anyways

Breh the OP didn’t mention anything about influence culture or history. He’s just talking about the current pulse of street culture in Cali at the moment.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Streets or city?

“street respected city” he’s basically trying to say Sac is going hard when it comes to street shyt. He’s right, there’s clearly been a lot of shyt going down out there and the street rap scene has grown with it. Some of the most popular street rappers right now are from sac whereas when I’m a kid there’s no sac rappers getting talked about locally (I’m in LA). So there’s clearly something bubbling in Sac as far as the street culture both actually in the streets and with the music that accompanies it.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Oakland is the most respected city in Cali, Los Angeles is the goofy capital. It’s not just the black men either, the Mexicans in Cali are goof troops as well.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Breh the OP didn’t mention anything about influence culture or history. He’s just talking about the current pulse of street culture in Cali at the moment.
I like Murk, but he's in North Carolina. So what are we talking about here, somebody enlighten me. Are we talk about the streets, culture, influence, new developments, housing, which city has the brighter future... What? If it's the streets then the whole Central Valley is hot. Fresno, Stockton, Sac all whil'n out right now. Fresno & Stockton are grimier than Sac if we want to keep it a buck

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
i don't get all this street talk anyways because Oakland-Richmond still have higher murder rates than Stockton/Fresno/Sac and all of these central Valley cities that stay getting named. and this is while Oakland -Rich are at it's lowest point in crime while these central valley cities crimes are rising. I don't find having higher car jacking rate, rape rate, having crips and bloods to be more on some street shyt.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Sacramento is not the Bay.
I didn't call Sacramento, The Bay...
never been to Sac but whats the median income there :patrice:
Median Household income is $80,254, per capita is $40,502. Average Household size in Sacramento is 2.6 persons. The mhi of black homes in Sac is $60,338----->way more than it is in Oakland or San Fran...

There's no question that Sacramento has been the best place for black people in Northern California for probably at minimum going back post-Recession (2007-08), and if cats want to expand the conversation I'm more than okay with it and can provide hard data + strong anecdotal evidence to support this...

Sacramento is most likely the best city to be black in California outside of LA, period...
No Oakland?
No, because my premise is based upon the tentacles (read this as "reach") of street influence from a place that isn't local. We have some Californians in here saying it isn't Sac who, respectfully, don't have the credibility to even speak towards this topic so they should sit this one out...

Oakland's reach isn't what it was and honestly it was never that large. Oakland's general cultural influence was always greater if nikkas wanna say that, but that is why I'm clarifying the intent of the thread because that isn't what it was about...

I met exactly three nikkas on the road in all my travels from Oakland who had some motion on the East Coast. nikkas can go thru my post history and see some of this shyt I've touched on before, this isn't new, I'm just making a specific thread as being back home has underscored some shyt I've always known. I've spoken about, shortly after I came home from prison in NC in 2009, I came back home (2010) and had a homie from West O who linked me in with pills I was dropping back off to NC. I've also said that I knew an NC nikka, circa 2015 to '16, who was directly plugged in with someone really close to Phil, I've mentioned these before...

So nobody should read this as me saying Oakland cats not hustlers or have any reputation connecting cats. I'm clear, obviously I know there's been MANY people I've never known who have been touching shyt in different places. But I'm well traveled and was firsthand involved, so I knew plenty of other people who were involved and when you living that way for the length of time I was, you have a thousand conversations, people talk...

Oakland has no real gang influence anywhere outside East Bay towns. They turned out exactly one hood in Sacramento (G Parkway), but even then that neighborhood had a reputation years before Oakland cats came in the 2000s. I've never heard nowhere outside California jocking Oakland gangs, but there's nikkas around Atlanta somewhere claiming a Sacramento gang..

So Oakland has minimal gangbanging influence, and there's way more nikkas historically from Sacramento getting money elsewhere. And again, respectfully, nikkas who have never been road runners should sit this conversation out. I know there's been "Bay" nikkas around Atlanta, Atlanta is friendly and there's been nikkas from everywhere getting money out there for generations. I know there's "Bay" nikkas who've gotten it in Nevada, nikkas from all over California been running it up in Nevada for generations...

So this isn't saying ain't no bag getters in Oakland or the Bay, but I am saying that the notion of Bay cats being more money oriented than other Californians isn't supported by real life movements, or, at the very least, is antiquated and outdated and hasn't applied to the recent past or present. Also, cats say "The Bay"which vaguely refers to seven counties and isn't Oakland specific, whereas nikkas can tell you Sacramento is where they tapped in at, or Los Angeles is where they tapped in at, without adding a grip of surrounding counties obscurely...
So you are proud that Sacramento is respected for drug dealing and other criminal activities and not anything productive? Jesus Christ.
I'm proud of a ton of shyt about Sacramento and have spoken on that many, many times. People know my post history, this thread just happens to be about the streets. Yes there is a source of pride in the criminal element because that was who I was for a long time but it isn't even close to being a main thing I'm proud of about Sacramento...
I would think it would be Oakland. But I’m not familiar with Cali streets like that
Oakland has more of a historical resonance. Not more of a modern one. So I guess it would be a tie at minimum, I wouldn't disagree with that...