There are NO Iconic Singers in this Era.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I have no problem with Rihanna. She's not a great vocalist but that accent and her pretty tone is iconic. I can definitely recognize a rihanna song instantly. She wouldnt fare well vocally against the greats though. Hell, she wouldnt fare well against her contemporaries: Alicia Keys, Bey, Keri etc

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Ariana has an incredible voice, but she suffers from the same problem a lot of artists do now where the music doesn't stand up to her talent. Her earlier albums had her showcasing her vocals a lot more compared to her later ones, but she still has songs every now and then that remind you that she's a great singer.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
Once skill was taken out of the music, the barrier to entry was lowered; once record labels wanted the dumbed down product, the barrier to entry was lowered; once we let a hot single from a mediocre artist get through, the barrier to entry was lowered; once we stopped playing instruments, the barrier to entry was lowered; once it became okay to copy our style, the barrier to entry was lowered; once we stopped caring about the craft of our artistry as a facet of our culture, the barrier to entry was lowered.

Double edge sword, eliminating the gate keeping brought us iconic material but it also allowed trash to pass.

I’ll take the great with the worst …
:yeshrug:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Ariana has an incredible voice, but she suffers from the same problem a lot of artists do now where the music doesn't stand up to her talent. Her earlier albums had her showcasing her vocals a lot more compared to her later ones, but she still has songs every now and then that remind you that she's a great singer.

This song and Almost is Never Enough are the only Ariana songs I have on my playlist. She has the talent and she was stamped by Aretha.