Trump Sending 5,200 Troops to the Border in Response to Caravan

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
New York Times
The Defense Department will deploy at least 5,200 active-duty troops to the southern border by the end of this week to help harden security there, officials announced on Monday, part of an election-season response by President Trump to hold off a group of Central American migrants moving north through Mexico.

An initial group of 800 soldiers already is heading to Texas from Fort Campbell and Fort Knox, according to Terrence J. O’Shaughnessy, the commander of the United States Northern Command.

The deployment is the first piece of a multistage approach that Mr. Trump has been considering for several weeks, and which also is expected to include executive action to bar entry to Central Americans, including for those seeking asylum.

“We will not allow a large group to enter the United States in an unsafe and unlawful manner,” said Kevin K. McAleenan, the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection.

The number of troops is notable because the migrant caravan, which is still hundreds of miles away, now numbers about 3,500, and is expected to shrink substantially before getting close to the United States border with Mexico. That is far fewer than the number of soldiers the Pentagon said would be deployed.

I never repped these migrant caravans though I am not quite HYON. Granted I think given to troop to migrant ratio this is kinda :wrist: but he is smart on knowing how to mobilize his supporters for the midterms. It's going to be a crazy week.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I do agree on not just letting anybody over the borders but some of the rhetoric and attitude concerns me most. Control the borders, good. Demonize people :francis:

Yeah, but these same hispanics come from places where Blacks are already demonized and will bring that culture to the US to inflict more harm on AA's..