Which New York neighborhood was SAFE during the crack era?

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I mean, does anything more need to be said?
That's why I laugh at these dudes who swear 2021 NY is the worst it's ever been.

Nowadays you could legit walk through the worst neighborhoods and projects without worrying about a damn thing.

I know this because I've hung out in EVERY hood and almost every projects.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
nikkas talking so much bullshyt on this page.:mjlol:

Can't even answer the fukking question.

Immigrant nikkas swear everywhere was/is soft just because they went home right after school put they head in them books and stayed outta Drama.
Let them tell it they invented Brooklyn and everywhere else they came to.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Immigrant nikkas swear everywhere was/is soft just because they went home right after school put they head in them books and stayed outta Drama.

:what:

Sounds like you never came outside

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

What the hell are you talking about?

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
What you typed is just nonsense and lazy stereotyping
I don't give a fukk how you feel.
You got a immigrant born in 90 speaking on how soft Canarsise was just because his parents raised him to come in the house and write his essays.
Lotta gangstas and fukked up shyt shyt came from out that way round that time.

Just like when nikkas call queens soft..:mjlol:
Stupid shyt.

Stick up for ya people tho.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I believe the Jamaican neighborhoods were pretty solid from what I’ve read

They self segregated themselves during that era from the crack spots

concise

Veteran
Daps
That's why I laugh at these dudes who swear 2021 NY is the worst it's ever been.

Nowadays you could legit walk through the worst neighborhoods and projects without worrying about a damn thing.

I know this because I've hung out in EVERY hood and almost every projects.

Yup. Walking through parks after sundown was also considered high risk behavior in those days.

People only felt safe in those days because they knew other parts were just so much more dangerous.

Over 2,000 murders a year with a smaller population (1 million fewer people) and less tourists in those days. You could get touched anywhere. The whole city was dangerous, no other way to describe it. Mindsets have changed because what is considered normal has changed.

If this city with over 8 million now were to have even just 1,000 murders this year, people would act like the sky is falling. But people in the 80s would have looked at that as a miraculous year.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Yup. Walking through parks after sundown was also considered high risk behavior in those days.

People only felt safe in those days because they knew other parts were just so much more dangerous.

Over 2,000 murders a year with a smaller population (1 million fewer people) and less tourists in those days. You could get touched anywhere. The whole city was dangerous, no other way to describe it. Mindsets have changed because what is considered normal has changed.
I thought New York has always been a major tourist destination? And suburban hipster types still lived there, even in places like Time Square. Was it really a sense of impending doom or did life just carry on with just an added mentality of keeping your head on a swivel?

concise

Veteran
Daps