Which New York neighborhood was SAFE during the crack era?

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist šŸ˜²)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
As a person that was actually around during that time, some of the stuff being said in this thread is :snoop:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Looking back, it is stunning to recall just how much of the mayhem was so concentrated.

It was centralized in most of Harlem, Jamaica/Southeast Queens, South Bronx/Mott Haven, Central Brooklyn, the Rockaways.

There were places like. Riverdale and Throgs Neck in The Bronx, and Douglaston, Whitestone, Bayside and Bellerose in Queens where crime was extremely low during those years.

NYC is five-borough huge. We have parts of the city that are virtually inaccessible by mass transit, and have had low crime rates.

Unfortunately during 1985 - 1995, all you had to do was look at the citywide NYCHA map (where the projects were) and the violent crimes map to see how much they matched up.

Folks who took courses at John Jay know what I'm talking about.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Before I moved to the Bronx, as a lil breh, I was living in LES (Broome Street)

That shyt was filled with crack and heroine feens. Walking home from school- you seen lines of people doing the heron lean ( always wondered how they dont falll over) shyt was sad thinking back on it

Somebody

All Star
Daps
is it just me or is nikkas more hood rich than ever? Driving thru the worst parts of Paterson, nj, u get flashes of Beverly Hills with the amount of luxury whips posted and flying passed. Looks like every jawn that would be whippin a Hyundai in the burbs is pushin a bmw in brownsville

Ehh define ā€œwhite areasā€ this has changed over the decades outside of the predominantly white ones

For example the upper west side was very sketchy

Nothings gonna happen to u, especially on them quiet side streets, but fiends like to make some noise at night. Plus the projects off Amsterdam ave.

Youā€™ll see none of that on the UES. Maybe the most pristine part of the city, but I think some may prefer the UWS being that itā€™s more residential.

I could only image what it was like in the 90s

Daps
is it just me or is nikkas more hood rich than ever? Driving thru the worst parts of Paterson, nj, u get flashes of Beverly Hills with the amount of luxury whips posted and flying passed. Looks like every jawn that would be whippin a Hyundai in the burbs is pushin a bmw in brownsville

Nothings gonna happen to u, especially on them quiet side streets, but fiends like to make some noise at night. Plus the projects off Amsterdam ave.

Youā€™ll see none of that on the UES. Maybe the most pristine part of the city, but I think some may prefer the UWS being that itā€™s more residential.

I could only image what it was like in the 90s

Thatā€™s the point of what Iā€™m sayingā€¦in the 80s UWS could qualify as a bad neighborhood

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Hood nikkas are more flashy today cause nothing going to happen to them. Most of the crimes in the hood today are more personal than ever.

back in the crack days I can share endless of videos of innocent people who got their head cracked open.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Hood nikkas are more flashy today cause nothing going to happen to them. Most of the crimes in the hood today are more personal than ever.

back in the crack days I can share endless of videos of innocent people who got their head cracked open.

my abuela and and cousins lived in the South Bronx.
that shyt was poppin. saw some dreads busting shots
behind garbage cans across the street from my grandma's
window. she snatched me up when she heard the shots and
then stuck her head out the window...

:mjlol:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Middle class Caribbean neighborhood. Doesnā€™t look anything like the NYC you see in movies. Barely any buildings just private homes and multi family homes.

Also you need a car in most of the area cause lack of trains.

Area has 3 housing projects as far as apartment building goes.

Not a bad area but the area does have a gang problem and the people who live there swear they live in the hood. Only the projects are the hood in that area.
Canarsie and flatlands used to big Italian mafia areas also

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't give a fukk how you feel.
You got a immigrant born in 90 speaking on how soft Canarsise was just because his parents raised him to come in the house and write his essays.
Lotta gangstas and fukked up shyt shyt came from out that way round that time.

Just like when nikkas call queens soft..:mjlol:
Stupid shyt.

Stick up for ya people tho.
How old are you lol having crime isnā€™t an accomplishment

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
speaking on mafia neighborhoods in Bk; Marine Park is still mobbed up.
believe that. also allot of cops, firefighters, con-ed employees. whenever
there were rolling brown outs in the city, Marine Park was always spared
the worst of it, if ever effected at all. bunch of front stores in that neighborhood
as well, places that have been there for years and i've seen open like once.
still got working payphones there too. shyt is crazy. the marsh near the park
has hella bodies in it. if they ever drained that shyt, it would be amazing.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
His post is all over the place and the people who call Queens soft is for a valid reason because queens has a lot of middle class areas but I have never heard in my entire life anyone call Queensbridge, South Jamaica or Far Rockaway soft

i love the the Rockaways.
i saw humpback whales jumping out of the water there a couple of weeks ago.