YouTuber places autistic adopted son w/ new family after using him for content Update: Loses sponsor

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
True, but this whole situation was avoidable from jump.
idealism and people think they can try out another human.

An Ethiopian (or Eritrean) adopted kid in Canada committed suicide because of constantly being rehomed and considered a problem child. He was living in the Western provinces which are primarily white and was racially abused in school and would fight a lot. Couldn't get help from his cac parents who didn't and could understand so he offed himself

I think that case was in the last couple years

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
When autistic children grow older they become very hard to handle for single mothers.

They're prone to violent outbursts during their meltdowns and at a certain age it becomes physically more than they can handle.

Women having to move their autistic kids into care facilities when they become teenagers is not uncommon

Now I've never heard of this lady and didn't read the article so what I said could not apply to this situation at all
She's not a single mom.

This couple got the bag and decided they didn't want to deal with the kid anymore.

For the best though atleast now he's with a family and not clout chasers.

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
She never saw that child as her own. I doubt she would put her own children up for adoption for being autistic :martin:

I've never heard of that
Yeah i dunno about that. I just read the article and they say it had to do with his therapies and medical needs.

And kids with autism having to move out of their family's home is extremely common.

Unless you're super familiar with autism, this kids particular needs, or this family personally, I don't think anybody should be rushing to bash them. There's not enough info :yeshrug:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah i dunno about that. I just read the article and they say it had to do with his therapies and medical needs.

And kids with autism having to move out of their family's home is extremely common.

Unless you're super familiar with autism, this kids particular needs, or this family personally, I don't think anybody should be rushing to bash them. There's not enough info :yeshrug:

I was specifying putting your kid of up for adoption for having autism. That part i've never heard of.
Moving out of the family's home and putting your kid up for a adoption aren't even in the same universe.

I'm bashing her because as someone who is going to adopt, the number 1 thing you can do for that child is to treat that child like her own.

And I'll say it again, I do not for one second believe that she would put her own child up for adoption if her own child had autism.

I could be wrong, who knows. I wont go back and forth with you on it cuz neither of us has enough information but I'm standing by what I say.

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I was specifying putting your kid of up for adoption for having autism. That part i've never heard of.
Moving out of the family's home and putting your kid up for a adoption aren't even in the same universe.

I'm bashing her because as someone who is going to adopt, the number 1 thing you can do for that child is to treat that child like her own.

And I'll say it again, I do not for one second believe that she would put her own child up for adoption if her own child had autism.

I could be wrong, who knows. I wont go back and forth with you on it cuz neither of us has enough information but I'm standing by what I say.
I can agree with the adoption stuff. She probably should have done way more research.

I have a friend who has a kid with autism so I understand a tiny bit how difficult it is and the complications that come with it that most of us aren't aware of

But you're right that we don't have enough info and I understand why as someone who's trying to adopt how this hits you personally.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When autistic children grow older they become very hard to handle for single mothers.

They're prone to violent outbursts during their meltdowns and at a certain age it becomes physically more than they can handle.

Women having to move their autistic kids into care facilities when they become teenagers is not uncommon

Now I've never heard of this lady and didn't read the article so what I said could not apply to this situation at all
Like that lady who drowned her autistic kid

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Like that lady who drowned her autistic kid
My friend said something about that kinda stuff before

They were saying kids with autism drown and die from other accidents at a way higher rate, and they were saying they wonder about a good number of those accidents.

Said they think alot of ppl just snap