African American culture is the most influential culture on earth. Agree or disagree with me?

black american culture is the most influential

• yes

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • no

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

daslobo

Whitey McWhiterson
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I gauge this in a lot of ways. Mostly by popular culture.

Definitely. It's easily the most influential component of American culture. The popular cultural influence includes a long list from the creation of the gospel and jazz to rock and roll, and hip hop. Since America is the leading cultural on the world, AA is too. What becomes cool in America eventually becomes cool everywhere else.

But I think the larger influence is the AA community's effect on America and the concept of struggle, independent spirit, and innovation. This country owes its leadership position in the world due to the fact that it's the best place to come to make your fortune, get educated, invest money, and do all of that with the relative certainty that a government won't arbitrarily change a law and take it all away.

If you honestly look at the countries around the world that are "competing" with the US, you really can't say that someone would be better off parking their money there and growing their wealth for 30 years. Russia? Crime or the government can just take it. China? There are huge parts of their land turning into desert. They've got entire cities that shut down for days at a time because rivers stop flowing. Just breathing outside is like smoking 2 packs a day.

Back to my point. It's no accident that the US ended up in it's position. The independent spirit drives the innovation and the willingness to persevere again and again before succeeding is viewed as a critical factor to being successful. This all certainly has roots in the philosophers and independent thinkers who wrote the Constitution but it has been carried out through all successive generations.

Precisely because AA wasn't allowed to be part of the plan is why their contributions were so influential. They had to fight just to get heard. They had to fight even harder to get their ideas adopted. Even then, many times those ideas and inventions were then stolen. But their significance and influence cannot be denied. Let's look at the list.

George Washington Carver - His list of inventions is way too long to list here. Most influential of all is that he invented the concept of crop rotation. This has led to increased yields, higher nutritional value, and more successful crops all over the globe. The importance and influence of his thinking cannot be overstated. And before any of this he had to get a loan from a bank to go to college. After he got accepted by one college who refused to let him in when he showed up. He then became the first black student ever (later the first black teacher ever) at Iowa State. Then he got his Masters of Science from there. The struggle he had to go through just to allow his ideas to be accepted goes on from there but the point is he was brilliant and had to work three times as hard just to get heard.

George Crum - Not as scientifically important but he invented the potato chip in 1860. That's now sold all over the world.

Granville T. Woods - Invented a telegraph based system to control train traffic in 1887. Think about how important the railroad was to the growth of this country. He made it safer and more profitable.

Elijah McCoy - Esacped slavery through the underground railroad and went to Scotland to become a master mechanic and engineer. In the mid 1800's he invented a device that automated the lubrication process for train axels and bearings. The importance of the device was the trains didn't have to stop. He couldn't get a patent so people stole his idea but when people wanted the best device they asked for the "real McCoy" If the invention of a phrase based on something you created is still used over 100 years later isn't culturally influential, I don't know what is.

Lewis Latimer - If you enjoy being able to see at night, don't thank Thomas Edison, thank Lewis Latimer. He was the one who first used a carbon filament in the bulbs. Edison's bulbs burned out in 15 minutes and it wasn't until Latimer's longer lasting filament was widely employed that the light bulb became a practical purchase. He also invented an early form of air conditioning.

Sarah Breedlove - She worked for 18 years washing people's clothes until she invented a hair care product, started Madame CJ Walker and became America's first female self-made millionaire.

Dr. Charles Richard Drew - Invented the process of separating red blood cells from plasma. That led to the creation of the first blood bank. His set up of blood banks for the US Army and Navy in WWII remains the model for blood banks to this day. He resigned when officials insisted on segregating blood by race. He knew that this was a waste of time and could cost lives. Nevertheless, his invention and blood bank has saved millions of lives.

Philip B. Downing - His safety enclosure design for mailboxes in 1891 let people confidently place letter in the mail without the risk of theft or damage by rain. The impact of this invention in economic terms is absolutely immeasurable.

Garrett Morgan - He was self-taught and never had any formal school beyond 6th grade. But he still invented the gas mask which saved hundreds of thousands of soldiers and firemen. He also invented an early version of the traffic signal because he worried about traffic accidents.

Dr. Patricia Bath - Invented and patented the device used to perform laser cataract surgery in 1988. Her device let people who had been blind for 30 years see again. You can't get more influential than curing blindness.

Mark Dean - Holds three of IBM's original 9 patents for the personal computer. He co-invented the part of the computer that let's us plug in other devices and control them.

The list goes on and on but I stop there to illustrate a point. What these AA men and women accomplished and contributed to the world was done under the worst possible repressive and prejudicial conditions. Yet their contributions to everyday lives in the world is undeniable.

But it is the spirit of overcoming obstacles and persevering against all odds that contributes to the greatness of America. It's the willingness to not take no for an answer. It's proving that whatever your current station in life you have something important to say and something to contribute. It's the stubborn refusal to be put down. Those attributes of these great men and women are even more important to our country.

I've worked with people from all over the world. Other cultures don't foster that kind of independent spirit. People in Europe just don't walk into their manager's office and say "hey I've got a good idea". In America, you can. I'm not saying that everyone has equal access or that it's a fair system for everyone, far from it. But you can contribute important ideas. You have.

AA America is the heart and soul of this country. Even after doing so much to build this country and contributing in such important ways without thanks or credit or compensation, you still persevere. That is a lesson for the world. Head up, chest out and walk with pride. You're part of an incredibly important group of people.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
Definitely. It's easily the most influential component of American culture. The popular cultural influence includes a long list from the creation of the gospel and jazz to rock and roll, and hip hop. Since America is the leading cultural on the world, AA is too. What becomes cool in America eventually becomes cool everywhere else.

But I think the larger influence is the AA community's effect on America and the concept of struggle, independent spirit, and innovation. This country owes its leadership position in the world due to the fact that it's the best place to come to make your fortune, get educated, invest money, and do all of that with the relative certainty that a government won't arbitrarily change a law and take it all away.

If you honestly look at the countries around the world that are "competing" with the US, you really can't say that someone would be better off parking their money there and growing their wealth for 30 years. Russia? Crime or the government can just take it. China? There are huge parts of their land turning into desert. They've got entire cities that shut down for days at a time because rivers stop flowing. Just breathing outside is like smoking 2 packs a day.

Back to my point. It's no accident that the US ended up in it's position. The independent spirit drives the innovation and the willingness to persevere again and again before succeeding is viewed as a critical factor to being successful. This all certainly has roots in the philosophers and independent thinkers who wrote the Constitution but it has been carried out through all successive generations.

Precisely because AA wasn't allowed to be part of the plan is why their contributions were so influential. They had to fight just to get heard. They had to fight even harder to get their ideas adopted. Even then, many times those ideas and inventions were then stolen. But their significance and influence cannot be denied. Let's look at the list.

George Washington Carver - His list of inventions is way too long to list here. Most influential of all is that he invented the concept of crop rotation. This has led to increased yields, higher nutritional value, and more successful crops all over the globe. The importance and influence of his thinking cannot be overstated. And before any of this he had to get a loan from a bank to go to college. After he got accepted by one college who refused to let him in when he showed up. He then became the first black student ever (later the first black teacher ever) at Iowa State. Then he got his Masters of Science from there. The struggle he had to go through just to allow his ideas to be accepted goes on from there but the point is he was brilliant and had to work three times as hard just to get heard.

George Crum - Not as scientifically important but he invented the potato chip in 1860. That's now sold all over the world.

Granville T. Woods - Invented a telegraph based system to control train traffic in 1887. Think about how important the railroad was to the growth of this country. He made it safer and more profitable.

Elijah McCoy - Esacped slavery through the underground railroad and went to Scotland to become a master mechanic and engineer. In the mid 1800's he invented a device that automated the lubrication process for train axels and bearings. The importance of the device was the trains didn't have to stop. He couldn't get a patent so people stole his idea but when people wanted the best device they asked for the "real McCoy" If the invention of a phrase based on something you created is still used over 100 years later isn't culturally influential, I don't know what is.

Lewis Latimer - If you enjoy being able to see at night, don't thank Thomas Edison, thank Lewis Latimer. He was the one who first used a carbon filament in the bulbs. Edison's bulbs burned out in 15 minutes and it wasn't until Latimer's longer lasting filament was widely employed that the light bulb became a practical purchase. He also invented an early form of air conditioning.

Sarah Breedlove - She worked for 18 years washing people's clothes until she invented a hair care product, started Madame CJ Walker and became America's first female self-made millionaire.

Dr. Charles Richard Drew - Invented the process of separating red blood cells from plasma. That led to the creation of the first blood bank. His set up of blood banks for the US Army and Navy in WWII remains the model for blood banks to this day. He resigned when officials insisted on segregating blood by race. He knew that this was a waste of time and could cost lives. Nevertheless, his invention and blood bank has saved millions of lives.

Philip B. Downing - His safety enclosure design for mailboxes in 1891 let people confidently place letter in the mail without the risk of theft or damage by rain. The impact of this invention in economic terms is absolutely immeasurable.

Garrett Morgan - He was self-taught and never had any formal school beyond 6th grade. But he still invented the gas mask which saved hundreds of thousands of soldiers and firemen. He also invented an early version of the traffic signal because he worried about traffic accidents.

Dr. Patricia Bath - Invented and patented the device used to perform laser cataract surgery in 1988. Her device let people who had been blind for 30 years see again. You can't get more influential than curing blindness.

Mark Dean - Holds three of IBM's original 9 patents for the personal computer. He co-invented the part of the computer that let's us plug in other devices and control them.

The list goes on and on but I stop there to illustrate a point. What these AA men and women accomplished and contributed to the world was done under the worst possible repressive and prejudicial conditions. Yet their contributions to everyday lives in the world is undeniable.

But it is the spirit of overcoming obstacles and persevering against all odds that contributes to the greatness of America. It's the willingness to not take no for an answer. It's proving that whatever your current station in life you have something important to say and something to contribute. It's the stubborn refusal to be put down. Those attributes of these great men and women are even more important to our country.

I've worked with people from all over the world. Other cultures don't foster that kind of independent spirit. People in Europe just don't walk into their manager's office and say "hey I've got a good idea". In America, you can. I'm not saying that everyone has equal access or that it's a fair system for everyone, far from it. But you can contribute important ideas. You have.

AA America is the heart and soul of this country. Even after doing so much to build this country and contributing in such important ways without thanks or credit or compensation, you still persevere. That is a lesson for the world. Head up, chest out and walk with pride. You're part of an incredibly important group of people.
:lawd:

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
You act like you hate AAs. You invest a lot of time in putting their cultural contributions down.
When exactly did I put cultural contributions down. And no, I am not acting like anything. Like I said, clowning isn't hating. Only a sensitive AA would think that. You put down my country plenty of times and I'm not stupid nor sensitive enough to think you hate us. :heh:

How many somalis go around talking shyt about AA's? Do somalis hate AAs? Use your own examples.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
@Clean Cut nonsensically joking about neck sizes in response to you calling Somalis llama necks (which you mean in all seriousness) ain't hating on Rwanda, breh
No I call you lot llamas not only because of the neck, but eyes and teeth as well. :heh:

But yeah, you lot started it by talking shyt about west african features. I came in w/ llama jokes. Difference is, I was never hurt by the things said Everything I say and do is a counter, never an initiation. I still never whine about being hated on. Talk all you want, I'm a mandingo warrior, we kill lions to enter manhood, you think I can be hurt with jokes? Impossible.

Meanwhile I crack jokes "Clean Cut hates us, I hate him, tag him every day, wah" so emotional :scusthov:man the fukk up, you're african descendants ffs.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
No I call you lot llamas not only because of the neck, but eyes and teeth as well. :heh:

But yeah, you lot started it by talking shyt about west african features. I came in w/ llama jokes. Difference is, I was never hurt by the things said Everything I say and do is a counter, never an initiation. I still never whine about being hated on. Talk all you want, I'm a mandingo warrior, we kill lions to enter manhood, you think I can be hurt with jokes? Impossible.

Meanwhile I crack jokes "Clean Cut hates us, I hate him, tag him every day, wah" so emotional :scusthov:man the fukk up, you're african descendants ffs.

Don't lump me in with that shyt. If you dislike those Somali trolls then troll them back by all means but don't act like we're all doing that

Fefe

Banned
Daps
@Clean Cut also I have small almond-shaped eyes and my teeth are bought (perfect) so fukk your llama shyt lol

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
@Clean Cut also I have small almond-shaped eyes and my teeth are bought (perfect) so fukk your llama shyt lol
Receipts.

and you lot went at my entire country despite it only being me talking shyt, so cut out the double standard.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
Receipts.

and you lot went at my entire country despite it only being me talking shyt, so cut out the double standard.

Lol I forgot this is the Coli where everything is :duck:until pics are posted. I don't care enough, so moving on.

Let me ask you one question tho: which culture is more influencial, Rwandan culture or African American culture? :sas1:

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
Lol I forgot this is the Coli where everything is :duck:until pics are posted. I don't care enough, so moving on.

Let me ask you one question tho: which culture is more influencial, Rwandan culture or African American culture? :sas1:
What a stupid question. You're asking which one is more influential, one which is magnified by an American mutlibillion dollar industry vs a third world country with 11 million people. :snoop:

I wouldn't want our culture prostituted around the world anyways.

Fefe

Banned
Daps
What a stupid question. You're asking which one is more influential, one which is magnified by an American mutlibillion dollar industry vs a third world country with 11 million people. :snoop:

I wouldn't want our culture prostituted around the world anyways.

So now it's prostituting? You weren't talking about Britain like that. Your contempt is deep, breh.

My next question: which culture is richer, AA culture or Rwandan culture? :sas1:

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
So now it's prostituting? You weren't talking about Britain like that. Your contempt is deep, breh.

My next question: which culture is richer, AA culture or Rwandan culture? :sas1:
Do you lot not complain about Elvis? VNasty? Cacs come in culture vulturing? I don't know any Brits complaining about people speaking english. So you tell me what the difference is. I remember making a thread about Putin and hiphop and AAs went bonkers. :heh:

ALL african culture is richer than AA culture. Are you kidding me? our culture is ancient, over 2,000 years old. You're going to compare it to 200 year old history? :camby:

Fefe

Banned
Daps
Do you lot not complain about Elvis? VNasty? Cacs come in culture vulturing? I don't know any Brits complaining about people speaking english. So you tell me what the difference is. I remember making a thread about Putin and hiphop and AAs went bonkers. :heh:

ALL african culture is richer than AA culture. Are you kidding me? our culture is ancient, over 2,000 years old. You're going to compare it to 200 year old history? :camby:

Brittain is an empire. That's the fukking difference. You really sipping that imperialist kool-aid right now.

And do you wanna tell us what makes a culture richer? AA culture has arguably done more in the last 200 years to change the world than Rwandan culture has. No shade to Rwanda, let's just be real.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
Brittain is an empire. That's the fukking difference. You really sipping that imperialist kool-aid right now.

And do you wanna tell us what makes a culture richer? AA culture has arguably done more in the last 200 years to change the world than Rwandan culture has. No shade to Rwanda, let's just be real.
You're an idiot. Empire is the difference? that makes no sense. What does that have to do with anything?

Are you fukking serious? you're going to compare a culture which had kings, legacies, wars, migrations, kingdoms, gods, to this mainstreams shyt? what next, AA history is richer than ancient chinese history too? cut it out. All old world culture is richer than new world (America's) culture. This is just common knowledge. FFS.

American culture is richer than Indian culture? Mayan culture? Japanese? Egyptian? fukk OUT OF HERE.

You must be under the age of 21 to think such stupid things. You really don't know about the world. I suggest you continue to do your homework.