[AGENDA] Why I Stopped Dating Black American Men When I Decided I Was Ready For Marriage

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't get ALL the way out of here with that shyt. You should most certainly have expectations for your spouse, male and female! You can love a person unconditionally but doesn't mean they would make a good partner. That's setting people up for failure and regret!
Good luck :yeshrug:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
True, but she also stated in the article that her dating experince is a lot more fun now. She doesn't worry about being afraid to order what she wants from the menu or being fearful that dude will go dutch at the last minute or just other stuff like that. So even just being able to enjoy dating is good enough.
:mjlol: so her idea of fun is not having to pay for her own meal :laff:
yet againnnn all has to do with her choice in men.... fukk is u doing dating a nikka with no money
Dont know 1 nikka who lets women pay for dates sure we joke about making women pay but in reality, We gonna show her an amazing time
bullshyt ass narrative that black men cant court a woman get the fukk outta here with that non sense cac lover:camby:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
LOL at "tone". You're angry and emotional about the topic, of course the tone is going to be off. It didn't have a tone to me.
Lol how I'm angry? This is how I post, just like how I talk.
I'm laughing at both y'all trying so hard to force the vibe.
These African nikkas don't want you or her. They got a special name for the broad. You? Don't exist to them, sadly. You hype because her life looks like yours a lil bit, and both of y'all smacked. Cool, makes sense...that don't apply to me, though. I shyt on bytches and they still fukk with me because y'all shallow. You ugly. I'm not. That's life.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Can't agree with the first sentence, most of us men never had the chance with a attractive woman in a "serious" relationship so you don't know that.

It's a difference between love and just sex. Most the dudes I know met that special girl all got married and are still married. So I disagree with that.

Dudes talk big but that special woman that they wanted wants to get married they running to the alter.

It’s about mentality. Who cares if she is attractive or not, thee seems to be no emphasis on building relationships beyond sex for many of us and that’s where we see the hordes of children born outside of relationships. People who are ok with baby mamas and baby daddy’s. The employment rate among black people being so low.

Daps
A 37- year old, american-born black male, pawger chiming in with his perspective. . .

On some level, I want to be married. My problem is, I built a business, and marriage makes me afraid about losing what I have and will work for. I'd certainly want an iron-clad prenup, but am well aware that going to a black woman about a prenup is a non-starter. Even if she signs off, it will negatively affect the relationship. There is always the option of finding a black woman who, similarly, have a lot to lose, and would understand, and likely require the same. I did try that route, but a lot of black women on my level are really ..... hmmm ..... void of femininity. Didn't have any problem finding 'em that looked good, but I'd like a woman that is a LITTLE demure. Jesus Christ. I even tried scaling down the success some, and there are a good no. of semi-successful black women out there, but I've yet to meet to one who can appreciate my need for a prenup. I'm not saying they're not out there, but I've yet to meet ONE.

In my mind, not wanting to sign a prenup means, you feel entitled to the fruits of my labor, even if the marriage were to end. Nah. I don't like that attitude.

So, where does that leave me? An unmarried black man, who has prioritized protecting wealth over exposing himself to the risk of losing it, for the sake of family and emotional stability.

My life has been reduced to serial pawgin'. I'm certainly not miserable because of it, but at my age, it does seem a tad empty.

Last edited:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Do you agree that American black men are least likely to marry?

I don’t study into it that deeply. The men in my family are married. Pops uncles most of my cousins. I’m engaged.

If you meet the person that you feel is right for you nothing else is gonna matter, whether that person is actually really right for you or not. You’ll try to make it work and it either will or it won’t.

I don’t think most Black men or women are prepared to deal with the responsibilities of a marriage. Hell most of these nikkas here wanna stay living with their folks till they’re in their 30s and most women nowadays are addicted to trying to impress strangers on social media.

None of that is conducive to a marriage or even a mature relationship.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
Is that the absolute choice of Black American men?
We have a higher likelihood of prison and death, plus more out-group desirability....than black women.
Not the artificial (media boost) kind a certain type of black woman is trying to project. I think it's funny.
So there are less AA men due to them being incarcerated or dying by violence. And AA men are more desirable to other races and marry them at double the rate. So what's wrong with AA women trying to marry men from other ethnicities? You just confirmed there are less of you and sizable minority of you will be marrying out:confused:

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: so her idea of fun is not having to pay for her own meal :laff:
yet againnnn all has to do with her choice in men.... fukk is u doing dating a nikka with no money
Dont know 1 nikka who lets women pay for dates sure we joke about making women pay but in reality, We gonna show her an amazing time
bullshyt ass narrative that black men cant court a woman get the fukk outta here with that non sense cac lover:camby:
I swear this woman lives in a totally different world. I don't think I've ever not paid for a date unless it was my birthday or something. I don't have any friends who make women pay either. Shows what kind of company this woman (male troll?) keeps.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Asians and whites have the highest divorce rates, asian women have the highest date out rates...and Native Americans have a SLIGHTLY higher marriage percentage and a ridiculously higher separation rate, evening them out and basically making their marriage rates WORSE than black folks.
It isn't about getting married and staying married for some of y'all @Rawtid it's about getting that ring and rights to resources.
Lol at "not trapping broke nikkas"
That shyt happens every day because she wants THE nikka HIMSELF....not the baby or the marriage...the man.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: I would also add there is some confusion amongst half africans and american born africans.

I know alot of 1st generation africans who are single because they didn't date off the boat africans, or black american men, hated white men.(not to mention physical preferences)

Ex. Some of these nigerian-american women are literally looking for other nigerian-american men to marry(from their ethnic group) but imo there's no incentive unless your families know each other.

I know a nigerian american chick who didn't date nigerians from nigeria in her younger days "he's too african" "accent too strong" only likes americanized nigerian-ghanaian-Sierra leonean-americans.

now she 30+ traveling to nigeria.
bytch going to church now, fasting and praying for a off the boat nikka to wife her.

But most decent african born men over 30 are married. So she in a fukked up position.

Like sis - thought it was cute to diss off the boat africans, when she was younger now she's smelling pepper.

Edit. Her choices now are basically

1. american born 1 and 2 generation nikkas like me who don't really care about marriage, career is more important
2. black american men who don't care about marriage, career more important
3. white men who are perverts and don't care about marriage. Even when they get married it be on some weirdo shyt.
4. Off the boat african nikkas who marrying for citizenship.

Cause decent 30+ nikkas are in serious relationships and not looking.
fax only :picard: and The truth hurts
U Dropping knowledge ouchea breh:wow:

I got family that can testify.:francis:

americanized african Chicks think success is attractive to men. Thats what women are taught in America. Thats wrong. It messes girls up. They out here doing good in school and work and thinking they gonna form a power couple.
The truth is men are attracted to women who stan them and will make time for and cater to them......thats what men want.
idc if you have 10 degrees and speak 10 languages, did you cook dinner? No? So we gotta eat out?:hhh:

im not saying i dont love eduvated well to do girlies. Im just sayin thats not a priority for me and most men. Its a bonus. Im a successfull man, i dont NEED a successful women, i just NEED a nurturing woman who will keep my household together.

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I don’t see anything wrong with what she said and in fact the same thing about American Black women had been said here multiple times.
True. I’ve always clicked better with Caribbean women.