[AGENDA] Why I Stopped Dating Black American Men When I Decided I Was Ready For Marriage

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I understood where she was coming from until

The second item on my list was that I wanted the option to stay home once children were brought into the equation. This, for me, has never been negotiable but one thing I had to accept was that for this to ever be a viable option, a certain level of income had to be maintained in the household. A level that Black American men have been all but physically barred from reaching. The average annual cost of living in Houston, TX for a family of four is slightly more than $60,000, which is a cakewalk compared to major cities on the East and West coasts. But when we consider that the median weekly earning for Black American men with full time employment is only $723, that number might as well be one million dollars. Generally speaking, Black American men do not have the financial means necessary to support a household based on their income alone and to require that of a man whose ability to do so is limited by no fault of his own is inconsiderate and dispassionate. I,too, was guilty of this.

:scust:
She wants an traditional marriage in an era where 2 income households are an must. And good luck finding an non AA that has the money to take care of her and is an atheist :russ:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Ok. I didnt make it clear enough.
here go it one more time.
My wife graduated from College and earns 45% of what I earn monthly. She holds her own. Not only is she successful on her own she is ALSO my biggest fan.
She ALSO takes complete care of me,my daughter and the house. She would raise hell before I ever eat a meal not cooked by her. She also hates when i enter the kitchen. She was raised to cook meals while watch TV and then bring the food to me on a tray. This is Nigerian/African culture. This is why I value her.. SHE DOES BOTH YOU FEEL ME.
The point I was trying to make is that one thing is more important than the other. It really dosent matter to me the most that she is successful what matters the most is that she cares and stans and nurtures and encourages and pampers and listens to me. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

just different cultures and opinions i guess i cant argue with you because im sure thats normalized in your culture
not finna have my wife bringing me food on a tray while i watch tv :yeshrug: cant do it it seems so demeaning to me
i mean sure a couple times a week
but im also bringing my wife meals while she watches tv and shyt lol not gonna have her doing that 7 days a week and not return the favor i desire a 50/50 partnership
but i cant down on you for your cultural beliefs we can both be right just have different opinions on the subject matter

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
just different cultures and opinions i guess i cant argue with you because im sure thats normalized in your culture
not finna have my wife bringing me food on a tray while i watch tv :yeshrug: cant do it it seems so demeaning to me
but im also bringing my wife meals while she watches tv and shyt lol not gonna have her doing that 7 days a week and not return the favor i desire a 50/50 partnership
but i cant down on you for your cultural beliefs we can both be right just have different opinions on the subject matter

:picard:
If I even tried she would look at me like :hhh:

Yeah. Its definitely a cultural thing.
That type of thing is not accepted over here in the motherland. Men serving women :hubie: Not my culture.

Dont get it twisted though. The man is expected to pay for everything out here. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! The house, the cars, the food, the holidays, the everything. Its a man's responsibility as the head of the family.
So who is really getting the short end of the stick?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I understood where she was coming from until

The second item on my list was that I wanted the option to stay home once children were brought into the equation. This, for me, has never been negotiable but one thing I had to accept was that for this to ever be a viable option, a certain level of income had to be maintained in the household. A level that Black American men have been all but physically barred from reaching. The average annual cost of living in Houston, TX for a family of four is slightly more than $60,000, which is a cakewalk compared to major cities on the East and West coasts. But when we consider that the median weekly earning for Black American men with full time employment is only $723, that number might as well be one million dollars. Generally speaking, Black American men do not have the financial means necessary to support a household based on their income alone and to require that of a man whose ability to do so is limited by no fault of his own is inconsiderate and dispassionate. I,too, was guilty of this.

:scust:
She wants an traditional marriage in an era where 2 income households are an must. And good luck finding an non AA that has the money to take care of her and is an atheist :russ:

These chicks just can't admit that they want "good haired", light skinned babies and want social acceptance in the mainstream. So they come up with all this other crap rather than just openly admitting it.

Most white and Asian women WORK and are not stay at home moms.

Most White and Asian families live beyond their income...which is why they both have to work. The More they earn, the more they spend, just as it is with anyone else.

And while they feel that Interracial Relationships are a economic viable option for them....the men of other races don't feel that way about the average BW.

But they never get into that...

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
These chicks just can't admit that they want "good haired", light skinned babies and want social acceptance in the mainstream. So they come up with all this other crap rather than just openly admitting it.

Most white and Asian women WORK and are not stay at home moms.

Most White and Asian families live beyond their income...which is why they both have to work. The More they earn, the more they spend, just as it is with anyone else.

And while they feel that Interracial Relationships are a economic viable option for them....the men of other races don't feel that way about the average BW.

But they never get into that...

Ironic that alot of west africans are self hating too. In america they preach to you that nigeria is an black mecca but alot the women bleach their skin over there because the dudes there want an "redbone". WS has poisoned our culture way outside the reaches of america.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Then wonder why women are reluctant to date them. Black men really need to date themselves and see how many 2 for $20's they can order before they get fed up.

If a woman thought enough of me to take me out to eat more than once I’d be damned grateful if it was the 4 for 4 at Wendy’s, even if I hated that shyt.

Ingratitude, laziness, and an entitlement mentality with nothing to offer a serious man besides some p*ssy is why women remain single.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
To a certain degree fammo I think it is c00ning. She’s making some major generalizations in regards to AA men which are inaccurate. I’d be curious to know what type of AA men she’s dated & where they’re from to make such broad statements because she comes off a little ignorant.
I hate it when Black/Africans speak about our issues that need to stay “in house” if you know what I’m saying. We don’t need outsiders trying to hop on this or push this to degrade Black people

I totally agree breh. She's not AA so she should've just kept y'all out of this.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: stahhhhhp. You bout to make coli nikkas toss their phones and laptops out the window
Black men: No one cares about a woman's degrees, education or high paying jobs. That doesn't make them a good spouse! She's fat and her gums are black, no black man is checking for that anyway.

Also Black men: School is a scam, I'm glad I never went.

Black men again: I can't find a decent paying job, these white boys getting paid more than me and have less talent! How do you expect me to be a provider, these are white people standards!

Black women: :mjpls:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
I totally agree breh. She's not AA so she should've just kept y'all out of this.

Yeah she is. She's not nigerian she obviously wasn't raised that much in an African atmosphere.

She's older and Houston today wasn't the same Houston 30 years ago. Nothing about her is african aside from last name.

She probably can't speak igbo, she's not catholic either. What's African about her?

Not sure how it is in canada, but half africans who are older and we're born in america were raised in AA families and communities. It wasn't any african communities that heavy in the 70s 80's.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
What's even crazier is she is expected to serve him hand and foot while taking care of the kids and maintaining a full time job. I can't for the life of understand why a woman would want a life like that.