All these years later and I'm still DISGUSTED at Nas for signing to Jay-Z

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
1. Considering where Atlantic is now compared to everyone else, not sure how wise that was.

2. Of course he had to word it that way and not make the lil nikka realize he's getting sonned so it don't hurt his pockets.

3. Why would you ever do business with someone who tried to destroy you, professionally and personally? Even 2 years ago Jay and Beyonce dropped their album same day or weekend as Nas did. I forgot exactly when.

Not a good look is all I'm saying :huhldup:

1) nas chose not to be a boss. perspective chump.

2) jayz doesnt have to word anything he says what he wants

3) doing business with competition is normal business. marketing genius your not. aint no friends. business is business sucka.

ole its not unusual to take ether ass. destroyed your trolling easy

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
It's a permanent scar on his record. It'd be one thing if he went to Def Jam and went on to make incredible music better than earlier in his career. But you can actually argue that signing to Def Jam is where he fell off artistically too. It's one thing to squash beef, make a collab and then move on... But dude signed to the man who bragged about leaving condoms in his daughters car seat.

Your man has no morals or pride. That was a fatal L he can never go back from.

You nikkas acting like y'all wouldn't have went IN if 50 signed to Murder Inc or Jada signed to State Property or some shyt. Hilarious :mjlol:
This is a really bad look for you:mjlol: Jay himself said your narrative isn't true. LA Reid who has no reason to lie said the exact same thing. You can't be dumb enough to think LA signing him to def jam is the same as Jay signing him to the roc:snoop: Or are you:mjpls:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
thread is dead

lets kill this narrative right now

1) jayz already responded to these claims

"i didnt sign nas" "you can only partner up with an artist of his caliber"

2) la reid and mark pitts set the deal up

3) when jay was offered the DJ presidency they offered nas atlantic but he turned it down

the end

Oh word?? :ohhh:

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
He got done filthy by his childhood sweetheart, learned nothing and hooked up with an obviously damaged hoodrat like kelis, lol what an idiot (we don't date skee o's and wife it) . His audience didn't change he was frontin a fake deep persona that he couldn't live up to. That simple. I don't have a problem with nikkas selling liquor but he fronted like he was above it, to look special. It was corny. If I saw him address his change of heart I'd give him a pass (maybe i missed it). Let a nikka diss his daughter and sign up under him, pathetic. Hov would NEVER place himself under Nas like that. Especially if he was talking leaving rubbers on blue ivy's baby seat. Nas has zero principles.

You seem to have this thing where you make other people's issues your headache.
Are you on here seriously arguing about who nas chose to love/marry?

His audience didn't change? Whaaat? Nas audience is grown bill paying adults. 25 n up. Obviously you have never been to a nas concert
If you don't understand how that correlates directly with his views on alchohol, there's no need belaboring the point

Nas/jay/defjam signing situation has been explained n collaborated by the people actually involved. You choosing to run with your own narrative is just that.

Now you know what jay would n wouldn't do.
You know him that well huh. I'm sure you predicted him cowering to the nfl n doing their bidding.

If you and Nasir wrote a business book I wouldn't read yours jack. N that's a fact
Your air of self importance not withstanding

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You seem to have this thing where you make other people's issues your headache.
Are you on here seriously arguing about who nas chose to love/marry?

His audience didn't change? Whaaat? Nas audience is grown bill paying adults. 25 n up. Obviously you have never been to a nas concert
If you don't understand how that correlates directly with his views on alchohol, there's no need belaboring the point

Nas/jay/defjam signing situation has been explained n collaborated by the people actually involved. You choosing to run with your own narrative is just that.

Now you know what jay would n wouldn't do.
You know him that well huh. I'm sure you predicted him cowering to the nfl n doing their bidding.

If you and Nasir wrote a business book I wouldn't read yours jack. N that's a fact
Your air of self importance not withstanding
Trust I could care less how you feel about me. This is a hiphop board where we discuss hiphop and key members of that culture. Your feelings on me, are a pointless topic.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh word?? :ohhh:

Yes. That was an offer he had on the table. But he was done with beefing with Jay at that point. And he didn't want to be in some eternal game of one upsmanship with him. Plus he wasn't ready for the head aches that came with being a lable head. LA Reid offered Nas millions of dollars non recoupable. It was a nobrainer for him at the time. Jay got to negotiate his masters when he became president of DJ. Atlantic couldn't offer Nas that because it belongs to Sony. That's the only way Nas would have accepted that position.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Whats funny is half you lil nikkas wasn't even around with jay and was beefing... I bet you lil nikkas didn't even know sonned the entire rockafella label on one track so much to the point def jam and hot 97 was trying to best to kill that record and prevent it from ever seeing the airwaves..

Its time to let this shyt go.... its been over 20 years now

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I admire the commitment from Nas stans... :ehh:

This wasn't even a Nas hate thread. It's just my disgust as I sat and reflect today about how weak that shyt was. Idk what's weaker, what Nas did signing to Jay or KD going to the Warriors. But that's a whole other thread ..

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If I sign to the Lakers, Jeanie Buss (the owner) signed me...but so did the GM. In this case, Hov is the GM. This isn't hard to understand. LA Reid doesn't change that. It's not even a big deal...Nas got an insane contract. 3mil per album, separate from the (recoup-able) album budgets. Def also flooded the streets with that Statik mixtape.

There's two sides here. One side wants to make this an L for Nas. Another side wants to deny how the industry works in terms of who signs who. We're not kids at the lunchtables anymore brehs, this shyt doesn't matter. Hov got a crazy promotion that he used to launch himself into what he is today, and Nas got a sweetheart album deal. The end.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Whats funny is half you lil nikkas wasn't even around with jay and was beefing... I bet you lil nikkas didn't even know sonned the entire rockafella label on one track so much to the point def jam and hot 97 was trying to best to kill that record and prevent it from ever seeing the airwaves..

Its time to let this shyt go.... its been over 20 years now
Idk who you THINK you're talking to. But it shouldn't be me. I was in my early 20's at the height of their beef

JMD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
as a fellow Nas stan and and not a fan of Jay this bothered the fukk out of me too:francis:

Black Republicans still dope tho